Metal Storm logo
If I could drink a beer with one musician, it would be...

Original post

Posted by Galar, 26.02.2009 - 21:05
If I had the pleasure of sitting down with one living metal musician, it would be the amazing Jeff Walker. Mr.Walker seems like one of the coolest people alive, and since of course of the all-mightly Valfar no longer alive, it would be Jeff. My 2nd all time favorite musician is Jeff Walka, and it would be an experience to sit down and have beer with him.

If you could sit down with one metal musician and have a beer, who would it be?
06.11.2011 - 22:15
ANGEL REAPER
Abbath....he seems like interesting fella to drink with...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.11.2011 - 21:47
Oaken
Hipster
Abbath!!! The mighty king of northern darkness! His voice pumps adrenaline in me whenever I listen to Immortal. I also read one of his interviews and he seems a nice guy.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
22.11.2011 - 05:44
Johan Hegg for sure.
22.11.2011 - 05:50
Ah and Bruce Dickinson !
23.11.2011 - 15:21
Vikingr
Definately Johan Hegg
23.11.2011 - 20:00
Iriki
Hang out with Mike Portinoy

Ask for a juice

Close enough.
15.04.2012 - 18:25
Fritillaria
Account deleted
No,big interest in drinking beer with any of big musicians, any of them who is friendly and cool to talk to , so I can't really guess which of them, but I have talked to Attila Csiha while he was in bar in Istanbul, I was there having my own beer then I noticed him, talked to him about some minutes he was quite friendly and cool to talk to.
15.04.2012 - 18:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Will drink beer with

15.04.2012 - 19:31
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Justin Bieber.

Just kidding!
A good drink with Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth) would be an honor. And even Serj Tankian or Alex Webster would be awesome. Oh, and a good weed with Ozzy too!

To tell the truth, If I had one chance to drink with Dio I could die happy

Wait! I can't drink yet!
17.04.2012 - 07:52
bran
It would have been dio, but i would like to drink a beer with king diamond
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
17.04.2012 - 16:51
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Euronymous...oh wait
Dio...oh shit wait
DImebag...oh sweet jesus...
OK Steve Harris!
20.04.2012 - 02:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by BitterCOld on 16.06.2009 at 02:34

After giving this some careful consideration, i think i'd have to go with Fenriz. dude's a metal encyclopedia, loves his drink, and is just brimming with opinions. it just seems like he'd be a really fun guy to hit a bar, do 16oz curls, and talk music with.

i received a copy of the re-issue of Plaguewielder from Peaceville, with commentary from Fenriz and Nocturno Culto, and all it did was reinforce what i posted years ago. dude is hilarious.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.04.2012 - 03:37
Void Eater
Account deleted
Bobby Blitz. Dude took a picture of his dick on stage at Wacken, would be hilarious drunk. Plus, I'm kind of in love with him, no homo.
20.04.2012 - 05:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 20.04.2012 at 02:45
i received a copy of the re-issue of Plaguewielder from Peaceville, with commentary from Fenriz and Nocturno Culto, and all it did was reinforce what i posted years ago. dude is hilarious.

Love that re-issue. He's the most chill, intelligent dude I've never met. He's just as charismatic in Until the Light Takes Us.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.04.2012 - 14:49
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Necrobutcher
22.04.2012 - 16:38
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=130727] on 22.04.2012 at 14:49

Necrobutcher

Necrobutcher + a lot of beer = "We are MAYHEM! and we came to Germany to make our statement that Germany sucks! "
also:
Necrobutcher + a lot of beer = "We are MAYHEM! Who says that!? well fuck that,and fuck them...Fuck you! "
(Headbangers journey)
when i consider it the choice would be hilarious ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.04.2012 - 16:49
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 22.04.2012 at 16:38

Written by [user id=130727] on 22.04.2012 at 14:49

Necrobutcher

Necrobutcher + a lot of beer = "We are MAYHEM! and we came to Germany to make our statement that Germany sucks! "
also:
Necrobutcher + a lot of beer = "We are MAYHEM! Who says that!? well fuck that,and fuck them...Fuck you! "
(Headbangers journey)
when i consider it the choice would be hilarious ...

hahaha yeah that's it INDEED lol with no doubt he's the best choice to drink with and have serious talks over metal
23.04.2012 - 06:29
Pazu
Hansi Kürsch, probably, even though I don't drink bear. He just seems like such a nice guy.
23.04.2012 - 08:37
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Considering the stage I'm in, I'd have a sit down with all Dream Theater members and have a (n imaginary?) beer with them. I'd probably talk to James and Jordan the most, since they're, well, talkative. And cool. I'd also like to have Mike Portnoy there, so I could first hug him and then smack him in the face.

Out of my favorite Finnish musicians, I'd invite Tony Kakko, Pekka Heino, Tomi Koivusaari and Niilo Sevänen and throw one hell of a party. At some point of my life, I also want to ask people like Markus Steffen, Arno Menses, Mikael Stanne, Johan Hallgren, Mariusz Duda and Russell Allen annoying stuff like "what is the meaning of life?" and "can you teach me how to sing?" or something along those lines.
----
7.0 means the album is good
23.04.2012 - 10:42
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=35732] on 23.04.2012 at 09:01

Necrobutcher's appearance in that headfucker's balls is distorted. There's no real context, and it looks like there has been stupid questions, which have been left out (thanks to editor/director/producer who chose to make a coloured/abridged/glossy show instead of a real document film).

i agree man but still that part of movie is just hilarious ...
----
23.04.2012 - 10:55
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by [user id=35732] on 23.04.2012 at 09:01

Necrobutcher's appearance in that headfucker's balls is distorted. There's no real context, and it looks like there has been stupid questions, which have been left out (thanks to editor/director/producer who chose to make a coloured/abridged/glossy show instead of a real document film).
yeah sure but besides that movie Necrobutcher is quite a cool personality to drink with, in a gig last summer after the show has finished he came down the stage and shook hands with every one in the front, I was one of those lucky fellows, hahaha can't forget it, one of my best memories in life and consider that he started to talk with me in that short moment, and asking questions like what's your name and where are you from, so I think he is really cool to drink with LOL
23.04.2012 - 19:14
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=130727] on 23.04.2012 at 10:55

yeah sure but besides that movie Necrobutcher is quite a cool personality to drink with, in a gig last summer after the show has finished he came down the stage and shook hands with every one in the front, I was one of those lucky fellows, hahaha can't forget it, one of my best memories in life and consider that he started to talk with me in that short moment, and asking questions like what's your name and where are you from, so I think he is really cool to drink with LOL

im not sure was that a friendly talk or he was trying to do something ... (insert here Gaahl trademark silence while rasing glass of vine + Abbath's trademark laugh in UTLTU ) ... else
i'm kidding of course but yes i think that Mayhem guys + Immortal +Fenriz are best choice for drinking beer with...
----
20.11.2016 - 06:33
Galar
Wicked Mung
BUMP
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
20.11.2016 - 06:45
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
For me it would be Pim Blankenstein from Officium Triste. Oh wait, I already did that
20.11.2016 - 06:46
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dagon.
20.11.2016 - 07:43
no one
Account deleted
Kim Carlson...though at the same time I wouldn't. I always imagine my favorite musicians to be some magical kind of person because of the music they create, but they are usually just regular douche bag metalheads.
20.11.2016 - 14:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I think it would be a Budweiser. Or Miller Lite.
Call me simplist if you may, but I like the soft taste of those
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.11.2016 - 14:58
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 20.11.2016 at 14:19

I think it would be a Budweiser. Or Miller Lite.
Call me simplist if you may, but I like the soft taste of those

Isn't this thread about WHO the musician would be rather than the drink? or sue me if it was a joke.
20.11.2016 - 15:00
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Either Steve Harris or Hansi Kürsch. Both of them sound like really nice people to talk to.
21.11.2016 - 03:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bloody Rain on 20.11.2016 at 06:45

For me it would be Pim Blankenstein from Officium Triste. Oh wait, I already did that

That was more than one beer you drank with that grumpy old man And that was just the Saturday I was talking about hahahaha.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996