Metal Storm logo
80s Thrash Metal

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 27.09.2006 - 04:39
This thread is dedicated to the 80's Thrash metal scene,primarily underdog groups.This thread isn't meant to decide who the greatest thrash group was or is. Just to talk about bands you are interested in,what albums you consider to be classics, and so forth.A very unnapreciated group with one of THE greatest thrash albums ever released is Dark Angel,"Darkness Descends" was an instant favorite when I heard the opening riff for the first song.One other group I really enjoy is from the late 80's,went by the name of Evildead,they were among the few that had originality in their music at the time,they weren't just another Thrash group.I have only heard their debut "Annihilation Of Civilization",but "Underworld" is also a classic from what i've heard.Viking,Sacred Reich, Whiplash,and Exciter also kick ass.
15.05.2008 - 01:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Lucas on 14.05.2008 at 18:59

Written by Clintagräm on 14.05.2008 at 17:38

Written by Lucas on 14.05.2008 at 14:39

This is shit is good. Very melodic, I like.

Yeah it is. I know you're into Black, and Drone, and what not, but if you haven't already, you should go on a Thrash Metal binge.

Hmm I don't know. I should not check new bands out when I'm broke, let alone new genres.

Though Thrash is actually far from a 'new' genre to me. Of course some of my first metal bands were Slayer and Pantera, and nowadays my favourite thrash band is Morbid Saint. I've always liked it, but only in small doses. There has always been something in Thrash that put me off it, or at least, made sure I could only listen to it in small doses.

But perhaps I should check out more.. I've tasted Vendetta and it's damn good..

I didn't no anything about this band. They're really good! Thks!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
30.05.2008 - 01:01
Miss_Fermento
Trauma Grinder
Any here know Darkness?
----
Patriotic Alcoholic Trauma Grinder

F*** off metal, Support the brutal music! - Purulent
30.05.2008 - 05:47
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Miss_Fermento on 30.05.2008 at 01:01

Any here know Darkness?

The German Thrash band? Of course. Good, raw stuff.
----
The force will be with you, always.
30.05.2008 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Clintagräm on 30.05.2008 at 05:47

Any here know Darkness?

I look at MA and in Columbia was 80ties thrash band whit such name, maybe she menat it
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=22336
But german band are awsome, that kind of Ger thrasha re awsome not how overated sodom, Destruction and Holy Mosses
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2008 - 10:42
Anton Alcolust
i love 80s thrash metal , and actual bands who play as in the 80s , as Victimizer , Executioners ,etc .
and the old good band like Exiter , Exodus , Sacred Reich , the german maniac thrash metalhead Sodom/Destruction/Holy Moses/Kreator .
I'm a big fan of crossover too , as Toxic Holocaust , Municipal Waste , Bludwulf ...

There's something special in the riffs , the sound , etc ... that i don't find in "modern thrash" .
----
A.M.S.G.
30.05.2008 - 10:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anton Alcolust on 30.05.2008 at 10:42

There's something special in the riffs , the sound , etc ... that i don't find in "modern thrash" .

Its shit man, modern thrasha re shit, look how sounds old Testament, how tahy sound snow, guitar riffs are more 'groovy' more heavyer, there not so fast enegry and speed into it, thats why I listen only old thrash bands same whit Kreator Sodom, all 80ties staff are good nowdays no
----

30.05.2008 - 12:37
Anton Alcolust
that's what i was saying hehehe , modern thrash is shit . it's the same with heavy metal , all stuff with keyboard and epic , i don't like , but good old heavy metal who smell alcool , motorbike and hot chick = great
----
A.M.S.G.
30.05.2008 - 12:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anton Alcolust on 30.05.2008 at 12:37

that's what i was saying hehehe , modern thrash is shit . it's the same with heavy metal , all stuff with keyboard and epic , i don't like , but good old heavy metal who smell alcool , motorbike and hot chick = great

Hmm well there nowdays HM bands what are good but not all and in Cz, Ger, USA but thay are unknown and not so active, , but you was write hhehe
----

30.05.2008 - 17:34
Miss_Fermento
Trauma Grinder
Written by Clintagräm on 30.05.2008 at 05:47

Any here know Darkness?

Yeah i'm talking about that band!
I like so much this band!!!
----
Patriotic Alcoholic Trauma Grinder

F*** off metal, Support the brutal music! - Purulent
30.05.2008 - 17:57
Vizz666
Account deleted
Gotta say,Kreator "Pleasure to Kill",Exodus "Bonded By Blood",2 fantastic 80's albums.
21.06.2008 - 16:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
take a look at my friend's site about Thrash Metal:
http://www.thethrashmetalguide.com
21.06.2008 - 20:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=31891] on 21.06.2008 at 16:41

take a look at my friend's site about Thrash Metal:
http://www.thethrashmetalguide.com

Good site but band pic mising
----

22.06.2008 - 00:11
Candlemass
Defaeco
Why is there barely 90's good thrash metal
to open a "80's" one?
05.07.2008 - 14:41
Timelord
Rundown of some of my favs:

Vio-lence-Eternal Nightmare
Death Angel-The Ultra Violence
Exodus-Bonded by Blood & Fabulous Disaster
Mercyful Fate-Melissa
Sacred Reich-Ignorance & Surf Nicargua
DRI-Four of a Kind
Testament-The Legacy
Anthrax-Among the Living
SLayer-Hell Awaits & Reign in Blood(no brainer)
Celtic Frost- To Mega Therion & Morbid Tales
Kreator- Terrible Certainty
Nuclear Assualt-Game Over & Survive
Metal Church-self titled
Intruder-Higher Form of Killing
Forbidden-Fordidden Evil

Just a few of my favorites you may want to check out.
08.07.2008 - 23:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Candlemass on 22.06.2008 at 00:11

to open a "80's" one?

because in 90ties thrash moust ofthem splitt up but fiew surcvive and bands whos tart in 80tis man its unknown and 1-3 album bands and I like mousstly German bands from mid 90ties
----

10.07.2008 - 15:12
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by Bad English on 08.07.2008 at 23:11

Written by Candlemass on 22.06.2008 at 00:11

to open a "80's" one?

because in 90ties thrash moust ofthem splitt up but fiew surcvive and bands whos tart in 80tis man its unknown and 1-3 album bands and I like mousstly German bands from mid 90ties

That's true.
The golden-era has ended, with grunge music.
at the 90's.
16.07.2008 - 19:26
HugeTheConqeror
Written by SilentScream on 30.09.2006 at 19:50

Written by Mega-Slayer on 30.09.2006 at 07:04

Written by SilentScream on 30.09.2006 at 04:43

Written by Konrad on 28.09.2006 at 01:10

You guys should check out Mastery's new cd-ep "Lethal Legacy". It's instrumental thrash but it definitely stays true to the genre, while at the same time remains completely original.

Listen to this man because he speaks the truth. That EP would be by far the best thrash release of the year if the band had vocals (they didnt find a singer, but thought ''why wait?'').

As some people may have noticed, I too am a huge thrash fan and am continualy looking for new bands (well, new old bands heh).

A few good old-school thrash albums I have been listening to lately that I recommend :
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Angel Dust - Into The Dark Past
Sadus - Chemical Exposure
Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses
Sacrifice - Forward To Termination
Intruder - A Higher Form Of Killing

I have been looking into that Intruder album for awhile now and it was just re-released under Lost and Found Records,is it worth buying?

I certainly would buy them. If you wanna hear some, they have an album for downloading here :
http://www.intruder.biz/MP3.htm
More songs can be found here : http://www.myspace.com/intrudermetal

A few years ago you could download both A Higher Form Of Killing and Psycho Savant but I guess since the rerelease they have stopped doing so.

Just discovered this thread yesterday. I have really been really getting into the 80's thrash that I listened to as a kid, and that really got me into metal in the first place.

Thanks for the tip on the Intruder mp3's. It's good to see bands making some of this out-of-print stuff available for newer fans, or for fans who missed it the first time around. I downloaded this yesterday and took a listen, and really enjoyed it. This would definitely appeal to fans of bands like Heathen, who had the Thrash riffing and rhythms, but incorporated a vocal style more typical of 80's NWOBHM.

I'm also falling in love all over again with Sacred Reich. I just got the Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua re-issue from iTunes, since Amazon wanted 65 bucks for the CD version. Now if they would also re-issue The American Way, I would truly be a happy camper.

I would also love for Blind Illusion to re-issue their album Sane Asylum. I wasn't familiar with them when they released their only album, and really feel like I missed out. Who wouldn't love to hear Les Claypool playing Thrash.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
16.07.2008 - 20:18
Gordon Freeman
Written by HugeTheConqeror on 16.07.2008 at 19:26

Who wouldn't love to hear Les Claypool playing Thrash.

Metallica...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
16.07.2008 - 21:58
HugeTheConqeror
Written by Gordon Freeman on 16.07.2008 at 20:18

Metallica...

Yes, but to be fair, has Metallica really played Thrash since he auditioned for them?
----
16.07.2008 - 22:17
Gordon Freeman
Written by HugeTheConqeror on 16.07.2008 at 21:58

Yes, but to be fair, has Metallica really played Thrash since he auditioned for them?

Point taken.

Wasn't Larry Lalonde also in Blind Illusion?
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
16.07.2008 - 23:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Written by Gordon Freeman on 16.07.2008 at 20:18

Metallica...

well, if i was in a thrash band, and this guy came asking us to jam on funk tunes, then sorry, that dude could be the Yngwie Malmsteen of the bass guitar, i won't accept him.
17.07.2008 - 00:17
HugeTheConqeror
Written by Gordon Freeman on 16.07.2008 at 22:17

Point taken.

Wasn't Larry Lalonde also in Blind Illusion?

Yes, he was.
----
17.07.2008 - 16:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I would also love for Blind Illusion to re-issue their album Sane Asylum. I wasn't familiar with them when they released their only album, and really feel like I missed out. Who wouldn't love to hear Les Claypool playing Thrash.

And... it has been reissued earlier this year, so your wishes have been granted.

http://www.dis-order.com/shop/item/Blind-Illusion/Sane-asylum/DIGI-CD/
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.07.2008 - 19:22
HugeTheConqeror
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.07.2008 at 16:31

And... it has been reissued earlier this year, so your wishes have been granted.

http://www.dis-order.com/shop/item/Blind-Illusion/Sane-asylum/DIGI-CD/

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up.
----
18.07.2008 - 14:21
SilentScream
Blasphemer

Written by SilentScream on 30.09.2006 at 19:50

Written by Mega-Slayer on 30.09.2006 at 07:04

Written by SilentScream on 30.09.2006 at 04:43

Written by Konrad on 28.09.2006 at 01:10

You guys should check out Mastery's new cd-ep "Lethal Legacy". It's instrumental thrash but it definitely stays true to the genre, while at the same time remains completely original.

Listen to this man because he speaks the truth. That EP would be by far the best thrash release of the year if the band had vocals (they didnt find a singer, but thought ''why wait?'').

As some people may have noticed, I too am a huge thrash fan and am continualy looking for new bands (well, new old bands heh).

A few good old-school thrash albums I have been listening to lately that I recommend :
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Angel Dust - Into The Dark Past
Sadus - Chemical Exposure
Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses
Sacrifice - Forward To Termination
Intruder - A Higher Form Of Killing

I have been looking into that Intruder album for awhile now and it was just re-released under Lost and Found Records,is it worth buying?

I certainly would buy them. If you wanna hear some, they have an album for downloading here :
http://www.intruder.biz/MP3.htm
More songs can be found here : http://www.myspace.com/intrudermetal

A few years ago you could download both A Higher Form Of Killing and Psycho Savant but I guess since the rerelease they have stopped doing so.

Just discovered this thread yesterday. I have really been really getting into the 80's thrash that I listened to as a kid, and that really got me into metal in the first place.

Thanks for the tip on the Intruder mp3's. It's good to see bands making some of this out-of-print stuff available for newer fans, or for fans who missed it the first time around. I downloaded this yesterday and took a listen, and really enjoyed it. This would definitely appeal to fans of bands like Heathen, who had the Thrash riffing and rhythms, but incorporated a vocal style more typical of 80's NWOBHM.

I'm also falling in love all over again with Sacred Reich. I just got the Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua re-issue from iTunes, since Amazon wanted 65 bucks for the CD version. Now if they would also re-issue The American Way, I would truly be a happy camper.

If you are looking to buy some old-school thrash, try here : http://www.marquee.com.br/index.asp
18.07.2008 - 16:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Try Czceh band Arakain early albums, even tahy are realised in 90ties, but recordet since 1982 but fas forbidden in Czcehoslovakie because of comunsitic reagime
----

25.07.2008 - 20:46
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I've been listening to Exumer a lot lately, great stuff. "Possessed By Fire" is killer!
25.07.2008 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Unconsecrated on 25.07.2008 at 20:46

I've been listening to Exumer a lot lately, great stuff. "Possessed By Fire" is killer!

Rissing From The Sea are good album too, its in vibrationsofdoom too
----

26.07.2008 - 03:56
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Don't know if you're familiar with the german thrashers Minotaur. They only have one album called The Power Of Darkness. Their music is mostly based on Thrash but it has some black and death influences too, try them because they're pretty good. I see that Sabbat was already mentioned. Nonetheless, i recommend them too.
26.07.2008 - 09:36
selken
Irreligious
I would like to know if there are any new bands which plays with this kind of thrash...
----