Metal Storm logo
Battle Of Mice

08.06.2008 - 08:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
BoM are an outstanding "post-metal" band from NY, featuring members from Made Out Of Babies (including the beautiful vocalist Julie Xmas) and Red Sparowes among others. I'm pretty hooked with their only album "A Day Of Nights", which mixes a fair dose of desperation, slight sickness and naiveness... the voice is simply amazing, and it has some trult crushing moments and also softer ones. Not all the songs are equally great, but overall this is a band that should be checked by those looking for something rather unique in metal (although the instrumentation is by times annoyingly Neurosis-esque).
08.06.2008 - 14:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Very sexy vocals. They remind me of Bloody Panda, in some moments.

I checked them out a couple of months ago, or perhaps even half a year ago. Couldn't get into them back then, but now I'm relistening to their stuff and it already sounds better.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.06.2008 - 12:47
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Annoyingly Neurosis-esque? You don't like Neurosis? Or are you peeved by the fact that it isn't original material?

Anyhow good band indeed! More people should check them out.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
01.07.2008 - 05:29
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I've just discovered Battle of Mice. I really liked it... it's so refreshing to hear a female voice in metal that is not trying to be an opera singer. Julie can scream like hell and her voice combines really well with the music. I'm looking forward to their next release.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
02.09.2008 - 10:56
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
They do indeed sound very much like Neurosis at times , but I guess that is not surprising .

What did surprise me however is that I actually quite like this band - normally anything with female vocals is a big no for me.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
03.09.2008 - 03:52
LethargyMan
I haven't heard any Battle of Mice, but Made out of Babies is just awesome. While this BoM, from what I understand, a post-metal affair, MooB is more of a noise-punk/metal sort of band. They were also on Neurot Records for a while.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
03.09.2008 - 05:21
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by LethargyMan on 03.09.2008 at 03:52

I haven't heard any Battle of Mice, but Made out of Babies is just awesome. While this BoM, from what I understand, a post-metal affair, MooB is more of a noise-punk/metal sort of band. They were also on Neurot Records for a while.

If you know Made Out Of Babies then you certainly know what to expect with Battle Of Mice, the concept is pretty similar... add to that a guitar work stolen from Neurosis.

Anyway... I have to confess that in these last months Battle Of Mice had grown pretty old for me.
03.09.2008 - 22:15
LethargyMan
Written by Guest on 03.09.2008 at 05:21

If you know Made Out Of Babies then you certainly know what to expect with Battle Of Mice, the concept is pretty similar... add to that a guitar work stolen from Neurosis.

Anyway... I have to confess that in these last months Battle Of Mice had grown pretty old for me.

Well... it's not really "stolen" since Josh Graham of Neurosis is in Battle of Mice. Can't really steal your own work... but I see what you mean.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
04.09.2008 - 03:34
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I've listened to what i can find of these guys off the net and those female vocals are different, but good ... and sexy like Lucas said. Overall they're pretty good, not my favorite post-metal that i know of but still impressive.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
06.09.2008 - 00:22
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
It's funny how you don't realise the existence of a band, then you see it mentioned somewhere and then the name seems to pop up all over the place O.o

Will certainly check these guys out, the female vocals sound like an interesting derivation in the post metal scene.
07.09.2008 - 03:01
vulgar talent
I love BoM.
Made Out Of Babies + Red Sparrows + Neurosis

so my style.
10.09.2008 - 20:55
MathC
Account deleted
Awesome band. Made Out of Babies isn't really good though.

BoM did a split with Boris and it's as good as their album.