Metal Storm logo
Decapitated - Going On Indefinite Hiatus

Decapitated guitarist Wacław "Vogg" Kiełtyka has recently posted a blog regarding the future of the band:

"I would like to inform everyone interested in knowing about the status of the band that we are on indefinite hiatus for now. It is too early to continue or try to continue without Vitek and/or Covan at the moment.

Regarding Covan. He's recovering now and needs all the time in the world to comeback to a normal life. So I want to wait for him, so we could both decide what the future will hold for Decapitated.

I definitely want to keep on playing and touring as it's very important for me to keep on playing music. While we have this break with Decapitated, I'd like to mention that I'm open to explore options regarding joining or touring as a session player. Given the seriousness of the project I could work on dedicate as much time as possible to it.

I also want to express my respect for everyone who's supported Vitek's and Covan's families since the accident on any kind of way."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Decapitated
Posted: 13.08.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 121 users
13.08.2008 - 16:41
DoomGuard
All this shit happening to such a great DM band...

I hope they get up and touring again
13.08.2008 - 18:21
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A good recovering crosses above all the rest...
13.08.2008 - 21:38
kaylamacgavin
I remember last year I was going to see them when they were touring with amon amarth, sadly vitek met his tragic fate 2 weeks prior.
I hope he has found valhalla! and although no drummer can fill the loss of vitek I will look forward to the return of Decapitated
13.08.2008 - 22:12
a MasT
It makes me sad to think Decapitated had so much life in them before the accident but the truth is the original line up was long gone. Though Vogg and Vitek were arguably the biggest output of the band, Martin and Sauran left back in '05 and it has definitly been a different group ever since. So for me the original Decapitated had skipped town a few years ago, but the final line up was worth the listen as well. R.I.P. Vitek, Good Luck Vogg, Farewell Decapitated
14.08.2008 - 00:06
Symmachus
Yeah, I hope Decapitated gets started again. That sucks that Vitek is dead. It's a good thing Covan is recovering though.
14.08.2008 - 05:13
selken
Irreligious
Its so sad to hear that

I'll patiently wait for your return....
----
14.08.2008 - 05:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i hope he makes a full recovery.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.08.2008 - 08:47
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
hope they can return with some brutal death metal, similar to their first two albums
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.08.2008 - 20:05
Sunioj
Vitek's drumming is immortalized by Decapitated's brilliance.

Hits total: 2925 | This month: 4