Metal Storm logo
Deinonychus

01.08.2006 - 02:43
..ExoTeaR..
yeah i started this topic because i want to no if this project has released any other albums other then after the rain falls... An empty sky remains, i dont no much about these types of recodings but i purchased it out of pure faith when i picked up impaled nazarenes pro patria finlandia it was recorded in 93 but was released in 96 by the looks of things but my main question is what genre would you class this music, i like the emotion and nothingness i get from it, its a new thing for me nothing else in my cd collection is like it im very happy i stumbled across it
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
01.08.2006 - 09:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ..ExoTeaR.. on 01.08.2006 at 02:43

yeah i started this topic because i want to no if this project has released any other albums other then after the rain falls... An empty sky remains, i dont no much about these types of recodings but i purchased it out of pure faith when i picked up impaled nazarenes pro patria finlandia it was recorded in 93 but was released in 96 by the looks of things but my main question is what genre would you class this music, i like the emotion and nothingness i get from it, its a new thing for me nothing else in my cd collection is like it im very happy i stumbled across it

Deinonychus have released the following stuff:

Promo 1993 Demo, 1993
A Blaze Over Darkland Demo, 1993
The Silence Of December Full-length, 1995
The Weeping Of A Thousand Years Full-length, 1996
Live At The Hippodrome Video/VHS, 1997
After The Rain Falls An Empty Sky Remains EP, 1997
Ark Of Thought Full-length, 1997
Deinonychus Full-length, 2000
Mournument Full-length, 2002
Insomnia Full-length, 2004

Well as to what sort of metal they play, they started as more or less doom black but now have moved more towards a more death dom form IMO.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.08.2006 - 13:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Great, great band! Among my favorite Dutch bands. I've currently gotten my hands on 'Ark Of AThought' and I love it. The mix of Doom/Black and little Death is real good!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.08.2006 - 18:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
use metal archives. or google it. this thread was pointless.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.09.2006 - 02:09
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
How could I miss this thread???

Deinonychus are one of my favourite Doom Metal bands, although it's true that the vocals turn a bit annoying with time (just like happens with Bethlehem, a band with strong ties with Deinonychus)...

My favourite albums are the self-titled and The Weeping Of A Thousand Years, but I enjoy them all except Ark Of Thought (still hadn't listened to it) and Insomnia, that is boring.