Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 02.08.2006 - 19:20
There was no topic about this great Dutch band, so, here it is.

I love this band, I have the 3 albums and love them, specially "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" , the lyrical content, the music itself and the beautiful Sharon's voice make this band unique. Now I'm looking forward to get last DVD.

So, welcome to the thread!
03.10.2007 - 00:03
albatros
I guess, wether you like Sharon's vocals or their songs is pretty much down to personal taste. I went to see them yesterday in Munich and had a wonderful evening. I have underestimated them for a long time and my eyes were opened last night. Her voice has matured over the years and has become more pleasant for me. I like her best, when she sings fairly low or very high. The in between stuff is not, what she does best, I think.

However, what draws my utmost respect is the dedication shown on stage not only by Sharon, but the whole band. They did their best to give the audience a good time and it paid off. The songs from the new album are even heavier, when played live and I enjoyed the mix of old and new stuff in the setlist. I like especially the heavier and more bombastic songs, both old and new.

To call them "Pop" is in my opinion just evil propaganda with no substance. After I saw the joy of this fairly large crowd yesterday, I'd agree if you call them popular metal, though

... and yes, that woman is lovely
03.10.2007 - 21:30
Elodie Artour
Slania
@albatros:I'll have to agree with you,although I have never seen them live.

And,btw,I changed my opinion about the new WT some time ago.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
03.10.2007 - 23:04
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 03.10.2007 at 21:30

So what is that now?
04.10.2007 - 17:07
Elodie Artour
Slania
That actually,their new stuff is not that bad as I previosly thought...
----
04.10.2007 - 22:45
albatros

That's nice to hear. They presented the new stuff in a fairly heavy way and it was just fun to be there.

I hope you'll make it to one of their shows one fine day. I don't know a lot about their past gigs, but I got the impression they will try to include more new countries in their tour plans in the future.
05.10.2007 - 22:49
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by albatros on 04.10.2007 at 22:45

That's nice to hear. They presented the new stuff in a fairly heavy way and it was just fun to be there.

I hope you'll make it to one of their shows one fine day. I don't know a lot about their past gigs, but I got the impression they will try to include more new countries in their tour plans in the future.

Hope so...
----
06.10.2007 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elodie Artour on 04.10.2007 at 17:07

That actually,their new stuff is not that bad as I previosly thought...

After more and more lisuening I agree
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2007 - 00:17
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I love WT, they've been my top band for quite some time, and they're still among my favourite ones
19.10.2007 - 01:03
duyhung
Account deleted
Anyone going to WT's concert in London on 27 November?
04.11.2007 - 13:21
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A seven-minute video clip containing an interview withSharon den Adel and Jeroen Van Veen (along with performance footage from the band's concert at the Paradise Garage in Lisbon, Portugal) can be viewed at this location.
08.11.2007 - 18:13
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The acoustic version of 'What Have You Done', taken from the "special edition" version of band's new album, "The Heart of Everything", is available for streaming at this location.
28.11.2007 - 17:42
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
we're part of a story, part of a tale
sometimes it's beautiful
sometimes insane

ahhhh... her voice makes my ears orgasm
28.11.2007 - 19:04
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by White Winter Sun on 08.11.2007 at 18:13

The acoustic version of 'What Have You Done', taken from the "special edition" version of band's new album, "The Heart of Everything", is available for streaming at this location.

Thanks for that link. I have to say, I really love this new album. In fact I am wearing my "The Heart of Everything" shirt right now.
----
(space for rent)
28.11.2007 - 22:00
duyhung
Account deleted
Their show last night in London was wonderful!!! i didn't think the songs from 'The Heart Of Everything' were that good when being played live (they played the whole 'The Heart...' album except 'Final Destination'), but the most impressive thing to me is to see how great is Sharon's voice, she sang 19 songs but until the end her voice was still perfect ! Moreover, they even played some old classics such as 'Restless' (acoustic version), 'The Other Half Of Me' (Robert did the grunts part in this song! ) and my personal fav 'Deceiver Of Fools'. Well, all in all i have nothing to complain about the concert , except for the fact that i don't like the opening band- 69 Eyes

And here is the setlist :

1. Jillian
2. The Howling
3. Stand My Ground
4. The Cross
5. What Have You Done
6. Hand Of Sorrow
7. The Heart Of Everything
8. Forgiven
9. Restless (acoustic)
10. Our Solemn Hour
11. The Other Half Of Me
12. Angels
13. Mother Earth
14. Frozen
15. Jane Doe
16. The Truth Beneath The Rose
17. Deceiver Of Fools
18. All I Need
19. Ice Queen
29.11.2007 - 09:05
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@duyhung: sounds like you had a very good night...haven't seen WT live myself but I would really like to.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.11.2007 - 12:55
duyhung
Account deleted
@GT : yeah i have enjoyed it so much , it was my first WT concert ever
29.11.2007 - 22:54
Bash'
:)
The Heart Of Everything was such a good album indeed, I may didn't like it at first, but after giving that a break and get back, it is just so good, I like Hand of Sorrow so much, especially the solo part it was just amazing... the complex sound mixing in Stand My Ground is so successfull, and I enjoy this kind of songs really...

Haven't checked a concept or any trivia about Our Solemn Hour, anyone?
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
02.12.2007 - 17:06
i love WT!!! their music is really great.. i saw them live once (i know it's not much....) and that was really great. i've got 3 cd's of them.. but also all the other songs on my computer... they're really good!
----
02.12.2007 - 22:39
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 17:42

ahhhh... her voice makes my ears orgasm

her mouth makes ME orgasm

well I saw them once... been one of the most boring shows in my life.
I had the chance to get on a picture with them, but I didnt want to.
they gave me autographs as well, everybody got them at that "show"
was the fanclub meeting...
my ex girlfriend talked me into this to go there...

pretty funny when I look back at it that I was going there with a friend with 100s of kids screaming and shouting and crying because they saw WT live and me and my friend just stood there, drinking beer and waiting till its over
09.01.2008 - 22:36
Purple.Penguin
Account deleted
My Favourite Band!!
Sharon has one of the most amazing voices i've heard.
And their live performance is truely fantastic.
I've seen them live twice and each time they've got better.
Every album is amazing.
09.01.2008 - 22:43
Bitch Boy
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 22:00

Their show last night in London was wonderful!!! i didn't think the songs from 'The Heart Of Everything' were that good when being played live (they played the whole 'The Heart...' album except 'Final Destination'), but the most impressive thing to me is to see how great is Sharon's voice, she sang 19 songs but until the end her voice was still perfect ! Moreover, they even played some old classics such as 'Restless' (acoustic version), 'The Other Half Of Me' (Robert did the grunts part in this song! ) and my personal fav 'Deceiver Of Fools'. Well, all in all i have nothing to complain about the concert , except for the fact that i don't like the opening band- 69 Eyes

And here is the setlist :

1. Jillian
2. The Howling
3. Stand My Ground
4. The Cross
5. What Have You Done
6. Hand Of Sorrow
7. The Heart Of Everything
8. Forgiven
9. Restless (acoustic)
10. Our Solemn Hour
11. The Other Half Of Me
12. Angels
13. Mother Earth
14. Frozen
15. Jane Doe
16. The Truth Beneath The Rose
17. Deceiver Of Fools
18. All I Need
19. Ice Queen

In the end, the setlist is cool. Jillian as opening song must have been really cool, but even cooler having The 69 Eyes as opening band, I think that those guys are great.
09.01.2008 - 22:48
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 09.01.2008 at 22:43

In the end, the setlist is cool. Jillian as opening song must have been really cool,

yeah that song really kicked ass! But Sharon must have been a bit nervous at the beginning as she ended up singing Our Solemn Hour instead of Jillian , however after a little pause she came back to Jillian
09.01.2008 - 22:51
Bitch Boy
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 22:48

In the end, the setlist is cool. Jillian as opening song must have been really cool,

yeah that song really kicked ass! But Sharon must have been a bit nervous at the beginning as she ended up singing Our Solemn Hour instead of Jillian , however after a little pause she came back to Jillian

What the fuck?? Maybe it was just a mix of both songs
09.01.2008 - 23:42
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 09.01.2008 at 22:51

No it wasn't , check this and you'll see
10.01.2008 - 00:07
Bitch Boy

Poor Sharon, maybe she was drunk or high
10.01.2008 - 09:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.01.2008 at 23:42

Written by Bitch Boy on 09.01.2008 at 22:51

No it wasn't , check this and you'll see

Haha...well everyone makes mistakes. It actually sounds pretty good combined.
----

13.01.2008 - 17:00
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I am going tomorrow to their concert in Zagreb, hope it will be good performance by Sharon.
16.01.2008 - 09:37
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I used to be able to stand these guys, but its the same with every gothic female fronted band, you can only take so much before you realize its really not that great, but thats just my opinion
16.01.2008 - 11:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@MaidenVarius: that's a fair opinion. I still like them even though not as much as I used to. I don't listen to a complete album any longer...now it's just a single song once in a while...but they're still great in my book
----

03.04.2008 - 14:44
MetalShadow
Account deleted
I changed opinion for their new stuff too! They are still great!:)