Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 02.08.2006 - 19:20
There was no topic about this great Dutch band, so, here it is.

I love this band, I have the 3 albums and love them, specially "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" , the lyrical content, the music itself and the beautiful Sharon's voice make this band unique. Now I'm looking forward to get last DVD.

So, welcome to the thread!
07.04.2008 - 07:03
Fhuesc
I'm not really a fan of WT, but a friend of mine loves WT, so she made me go to their concert, and my impression, is that they are a band that exist just cuz the money, since they didn't looked like friends at all. Other thing is that they have, in my opinion, to many recorded sounds for a live concert.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
07.04.2008 - 13:35
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 09:37

I used to be able to stand these guys, but its the same with every gothic female fronted band, you can only take so much before you realize its really not that great, but thats just my opinion

I disagree because I listen mainly to this kind of bands and I haven't got bored of them.

As for that video-hahaha.Unbelievable. I've heard that"Somewhere"was also played on the Java Eiland show but WT decided not to add it to"The Silent Force Tour"DVD because Sharon missang the lyrics.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.04.2008 - 22:25
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 07.04.2008 at 13:35

As for that video-hahaha.Unbelievable. I've heard that"Somewhere"was also played on the Java Eiland show but WT decided not to add it to"The Silent Force Tour"DVD because Sharon missang the lyrics.

But after all, as GT said it sounds pretty good. They might just need to change a bit here and there and then we can have a "Jillian/Our Solemn Hour" remix
08.04.2008 - 13:50
Elodie Artour
Slania
Yeah,sounds like a good idea.
----
09.04.2008 - 08:46
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Fhuesc on 07.04.2008 at 07:03

I'm not really a fan of WT, but a friend of mine loves WT, so she made me go to their concert, and my impression, is that they are a band that exist just cuz the money, since they didn't looked like friends at all. Other thing is that they have, in my opinion, to many recorded sounds for a live concert.

Hm...why do you think that they ''exist'' or play just for money? I'm just curious...
And about the recorded sounds as you said...When I was on their concert the atmosphere was amazing and it was pretty damn good with those sounds too.
10.04.2008 - 08:12
Fhuesc
Written by Abattoir on 09.04.2008 at 08:46

Written by Fhuesc on 07.04.2008 at 07:03

Hm...why do you think that they ''exist'' or play just for money? I'm just curious...
And about the recorded sounds as you said...When I was on their concert the atmosphere was amazing and it was pretty damn good with those sounds too.

Cuz they didn't looked like friends, and most important, they play without enjoy it, that's why i said they play just for the money
----
Until victory, always!
10.04.2008 - 10:09
albatros
As far as I'm aware of their biography, they started out as friends from school. And what goes for the money, I have to admit, that I work for money, too.

Whenever I saw them play it was a huge party with a great stage show and people singing along and having fun. I'm just watching some videos from the recent shows in Mexico and to me it looks just like that.
10.04.2008 - 16:39
Abattoir
Staff
Written by albatros on 10.04.2008 at 10:09

As far as I'm aware of their biography, they started out as friends from school. And what goes for the money, I have to admit, that I work for money, too.

Whenever I saw them play it was a huge party with a great stage show and people singing along and having fun. I'm just watching some videos from the recent shows in Mexico and to me it looks just like that.

I totally agree with you...
10.04.2008 - 17:15
Elodie Artour
Slania
People should not forget that some artists make art not only because of it,but also-because of money.
So,it's understandable for WT(and any other band)to care about what they'll get from sales,gigs,etc.
----
10.04.2008 - 23:16
juanopereira
WT is coming to my country tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see them.
10.04.2008 - 23:24
Elodie Artour
Slania
@juanopereira:Oh,lucky you!How I wish I could see them live...
----
11.04.2008 - 01:09
Fhuesc
Written by albatros on 10.04.2008 at 10:09

Yes the audience was singing and having fun, but the stage was something completely different.

And i don't have problem, with the bands that want money, i'd be stupid if i thought that money isn't a goal, but in the case of WT, they SEEM to ME, that it's their only goal.
----
Until victory, always!
11.04.2008 - 09:03
albatros
Fair enough, Fhuesc. It's your personal impression and that's it.

I'm just surprised, because last year I saw Sharon constantly move from left to right corner of the stage over the full duration of the show, what ? 75 or 90 minutes without a break, hopping, dancing and of course singing and trying to make eye contact with seemingly everybody who was standing in direct line of sight to her. In the end she was totally exhausted and her voice started to falter right when she began with Ice Queen. So that finally convinced me and won me for this band.
Maybe they had a bad day in Mexico, bad food or whatever, maybe they were just impressed by the great reaction of the fans.
13.04.2008 - 13:47
MetalShadow
Account deleted
Why do people say that this band is Gothic Metal? Gothic Metal is sooooo different!!! WT is symphonic rock. NOT GOTHIC METAL! I have nothing against them, but it is wrong to say that they are Gothic Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13.04.2008 - 17:34
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 13.04.2008 at 13:47

Why do people say that this band is Gothic Metal? Gothic Metal is sooooo different!!! WT is symphonic rock. NOT GOTHIC METAL! I have nothing against them, but it is wrong to say that they are Gothic Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not wrong to say that. Everyone has their opinion on what is what. There are actually no strict rules on how to define a band in certain genres. I do call WT Gothic Metal since I think it's very similar to other Gothic Metal bands.
13.04.2008 - 18:32
VPeter
you don't know how wrong you are......
13.04.2008 - 20:28
juanopereira
They played yesterday in my country. It was incredible!! they sounded even better that on their albums, they chose very well the tracklist.
13.04.2008 - 23:24
Stratowarrior
i saw them tjis week and i had the opportunity to take some pics with them...they're very cool and sharon is the most beautiful person i've ever seen in my life....and also an excellent concert
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
14.04.2008 - 04:08
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Indeed an excellent concert here in bogota. her voice was very moving and the band played with enough power to have the crowed vibrating... althou the bassist on the other hand seemed very bored... didnt like his attitude hehe... the new songs were cool and the old songs were performed with outstanding power very good concert
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
16.04.2008 - 19:25
albatros
Written by Icarus on 14.04.2008 at 04:08

... althou the bassist on the other hand seemed very bored... didnt like his attitude hehe...

When After Forever went to South America, somebody else said this about their bass player too. And he's a nice bloke. I know that.

Possibly it is not given to everyone to hop around while playing and draw grim faces like James Hetfield ... I mean there is also shy and reserved people on this world, except maybe in South America, that is ... maybe too many womenfolk in the frontrow were screaming "hey bassplayer, I want a child from you" and he was scared ? Also they (WT) come from a land with almost constant rain .. so people there don't move too much in the open, lest the rain get through their clothes ... etc. and a bass player is supposed to be the backbone of the band and not the jumping jack. He's got an important job, maybe like a bank director and you don't see your bank director jumping around often, do you ? So possibly you can forgive him ?
17.04.2008 - 01:50
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
im of the forgiving type hehe and well perhaps i should compare to other concerts maybe a filmed one has any one seen the WT dvd? perhaps hes like that always
----
17.04.2008 - 22:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
There are two WT DVD's.I own one of them-"The Silent Force",which is a double one.
----
21.04.2008 - 20:23
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Icarus on 14.04.2008 at 04:08

althou the bassist on the other hand seemed very bored... didnt like his attitude hehe... the new songs were cool and the old songs were performed with outstanding power very good concert

Well it's what you should normally expect from a bassist, but it's not his fault anyway

And by "the new songs" did you mean the ones from The Heart Of Everything?
21.04.2008 - 21:23
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
nahh u got awesome bass players with the best atittude... Example Billy Sheehan hehe even Myung moves more on the stage...but o well he did a good job music-wise hehe and indeed by new songs i meant THOE
----
21.04.2008 - 21:24
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Written by Elodie Artour on 17.04.2008 at 22:26

There are two WT DVD's.I own one of them-"The Silent Force",which is a double one.

so does the bassist have a cool atitude like jumping or headbanging or anything or does he stand still
----
26.04.2008 - 13:58
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well,Jeroen seems a very nice guy on stage(and not only on it ).
----
29.04.2008 - 07:53
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 07.04.2008 at 13:35

Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 09:37

I used to be able to stand these guys, but its the same with every gothic female fronted band, you can only take so much before you realize its really not that great, but thats just my opinion

I disagree because I listen mainly to this kind of bands and I haven't got bored of them.

Of course you'll disagree, you're a fan of this stuff. Too be completely honest with you though, all the bands are more similar than any power metal band, because believe it or not power metal can vary greatly, unlike this style. Sorry to say but in my opinion one of the most worthless forms of metal but enjoyable from time to time (in small doses of course)
25.05.2008 - 22:51
Elodie Artour
Slania
Gosh...At first,I used to totally dislike "The Heart Of Everything".And then,after lots of months,I started to like it.

On Friday,I saw the special edition of it in a music shop.So,I decided to buy it and now,I've fallen in love with "The Heart Of Everything"!It's such a wonderful and melodic album...(Although-not among their very good releases. )
----
28.05.2008 - 06:36
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.05.2008 - 15:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Nah it's just Sharon working with Armin van Buuren...he makes some good music and remixes so I wouldn't worry
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep