Metal Storm logo
Mark Knopfler

01.03.2010 - 12:29
Reza
Account deleted
Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite Rock guitarists, singers and song writers. IMO the best time for him expired in Dire Straits but I like his solo works too especially "Sailing To Philadelphia" album.
when I was a teenager, Dire Straits albums had lotta impacts on me. Brothers In Arms, On Every Street and... are great albums at least for me. IMO Knopfler has his own specific style in playing guitar and I always respect him as the Sultan Of Swing.
02.03.2010 - 18:13
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Exceptional guitarist and songwriter. My favourite Dire Straits album is Love over Gold. It's got one of DS best works - Telegraph Road. DS does not have a weak album.

I only heard two albums of his - Golden Heart and Sailing to Philadelphia, i enjoyed them both very much.
03.03.2010 - 09:30
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.03.2010 at 18:13

Exceptional guitarist and songwriter. My favourite Dire Straits album is Love over Gold. It's got one of DS best works - Telegraph Road. DS does not have a weak album.

I only heard two albums of his - Golden Heart and Sailing to Philadelphia, i enjoyed them both very much.

I've heard his recent album. It's not bad but as compared to Golden Heart and Sailing to Philadelphia, I can say it's average.
05.03.2010 - 19:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Not terribly familiar with his solo work, but i love "Sultans Of Swing" - fantastic song, brilliant lyrics, and great guitar work.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.03.2010 - 21:43
Reza
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 05.03.2010 at 19:19

Not terribly familiar with his solo work, but i love "Sultans Of Swing" - fantastic song, brilliant lyrics, and great guitar work.

Have you watched Alchemy?
It's one of the best Dire Straits concerts IMO! Sultans Of Swing, Once Upon a Time In The West and... are performed awesome!
05.03.2010 - 21:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Not a big fan of watching concert footage. it's great to be there, but just watching a band play on tv doesn't do it for me.

i prefer listening and letting my mind wander.

that said, i might look into picking up a knopfler or straits cd in the next couple weeks of the local store doesn't have anything particularly krieg in the metal section.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.03.2010 - 12:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Same here I m not familiar whit his solo, but Dire Straits is awesome, he's good guitarist and song writer, his muisc is not easy to listen its for listeneners not people who simply play it , realy good and alsoseems he dont compose music in one day, its be nice read song by song about some ST albums

PS why his Brother left Dire Straits
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.03.2010 - 15:42
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.03.2010 at 12:29

Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite Rock guitarists, singers and song writers. IMO the best time for him expired in Dire Straits but I like his solo works too especially "Sailing To Philadelphia" album.
when I was a teenager, Dire Straits albums had lotta impacts on me. Brothers In Arms, On Every Street and... are great albums at least for me. IMO Knopfler has his own specific style in playing guitar and I always respect him as the Sultan Of Swing.

I bought Sailing To Philadelphia when it first came out. It has remained one of my favorite albums ever since. "What It Is" is a killer track and really got me hooked onto his music when I first heard it on the radio.
----
(space for rent)
07.03.2010 - 21:29
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.03.2010 at 12:03

PS why his Brother left Dire Straits

http://www.answers.com/topic/david-knopfler
16.04.2011 - 09:28
Marvel
Dire Straits is great but Knopfler has changed his music style during his solo career.
15.02.2012 - 17:18
Just love the guys guitar technique.
Such soul.
----
www.enochiantheory.co.uk
20.01.2016 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ethereal Tantrum on 15.02.2012 at 17:18

Just love the guys guitar technique.
Such soul.

and bad lyricist .... but he is example when it works
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing