Metal Storm logo
KISS

07.08.2006 - 12:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
KISS, one of the biggest Rock bands EVER to walk the Earth and im sure they need no introduction. Easily identified by their trademark face paint and stage costumes, KISS are my all time favourite Rock band. I absolutly love all that i've heard of them which is all but a 3 or 4 albums (Dad was a fan and has all the records and cassets from Dynasty back, so ive picked up and more from him). Actually cant believe theres no thread of them yet, oh well glad to create it *listening to the 5 disc Box Set as im writing this*

So, talk about what you like/dislike about them, favourite albums, songs, favourite era ... etc, so get posting
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.08.2006 - 13:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
My favourite roch band! Kiss was my absolute first touch with the rock world, I thought they were so cool. I was like 4 years old when I saw them perform a song on television and I thought that Gene Simmons was the coolest guy ever! Soon me and my friends started to play Kiss at our daycare.

Can't say that I listen to Kiss so much today, but whenever they show up on my MP3 (when playing the songs on shuffle) I listen to it and remember the old days.
----
07.08.2006 - 21:27
heresiarch
Forever Dead
One of the most ridiculous bands ever formed
my oldest brother loves this band - sucker
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
07.08.2006 - 22:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
KISS is legendary man...a classic hard rock band worthy of a thread on MS...so many movies featuring them, so many pop culture references refering to them...they have so many classic albums and I love them....

KISS RULES!
08.08.2006 - 00:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
KISS will always have a special place in my heart because they are the first metal band I ever listened to. Well, the song that started it was their disco metal hit I Was Made For Loving You all the way back in 1979. Old KISS songs still make me go misty eyed with memories. Damn, who doesn't remember the opening riff of Detroit Rock City?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2006 - 05:30
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ Ozman (Scarface): 'I Was Made For Loving You' was the first track and video i heard of them, absolutly love it! Parents said i loved the video for it as a kid aswell

Dont see why 'Dynasty' was so hated... i quite liked it. Im guessing it was just hated by the true KISS fans because they did a 'disco' kind of album?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.08.2006 - 10:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Xtreme Jax on 10.08.2006 at 05:30

Dont see why 'Dynasty' was so hated... i quite liked it. Im guessing it was just hated by the true KISS fans because they did a 'disco' kind of album?

Yeah, I agree. I also like Dynasty and it is very underestimated.
----
16.08.2006 - 17:17
J.W.G.
Account deleted
Yeah, you either love them or hate them. I love Kiss, although they haven't come up with anything new. And oh all those farewell tours My favorite era is ofcourse 1974-79 and favorite member Peter Criss.
22.08.2006 - 00:34
she_devil
Account deleted
a think i was 9 when i first was a video and a concert with them ..i mean how can't you like'em. i'm not mad about them, but they rocked when ..and it's a shame that they haven't got anything new for the fans
15.09.2006 - 20:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
It seems that many discovered KISS pretty young. But then, which kid under the age of 12 can resist those cool outfits
----
15.09.2006 - 21:17
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Warman on 15.09.2006 at 20:15

It seems that many discovered KISS pretty young. But then, which kid under the age of 12 can resist those cool outfits

Haha yeah seems that way hey, oh and dont forget the face paint!
But even from the young age we are pulled towards them from their elabreate costumes and face paint.. Well pretty much the whole KISS image really.
... Yeah not sure were im going with this really, I forgot the point i was going to make :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.10.2006 - 15:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
kiss has,like many classic rock bands, songs that really rule(detroit rock city) and songs that really suck in their cheesiness
but the songs that rule really rule,and the songs that suck don't suck that much
they definetely are one of the best classic rock bands,if not the best
10.03.2007 - 08:04
Cometal
Account deleted
I like "Beth",and i like Peter Criss
10.03.2007 - 15:25
Spooks
Account deleted
Love KISS ... Actually I was really surprised, when, i saw them sing "I was Made" ..their apparence didn't match their song... but when i listened for the first time to other songs ... mMm I understand and it was so great. Mm Detroit ROCK City RULZ!
And i'm really crazy 'bout ''GOD OF THUNDER''

*EDIT* Just Forgot to say that "The DEMON" RULZ!!!
Gene is so great, so impressiev in live!
14.03.2007 - 14:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Doing a little channel surfing todday and stopped it on the cartoon 'Whats New, Scooby Doo?' (not sure why I stopped it on the show) but the Kiss had an appearence on it. They played 'Shout It Out Loud'.

Didnt really find it funny that they had a small appearence on this kids cartoon because, hey, look at all the other things they've been featured in... but what I did find funny is the way that they were drawn. This cartoon is a fairly recent one - id say made within 2000 to present - and they were drawn like they were young and buff like they would of looked during the begining of their career. Pretty cool that they still got a feature in a pretty recent cartoon series.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.04.2007 - 09:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
good ole KISS, they fill me with hope, apparently when they started the band when they were all 19, the only one who knew how to play his instrument was Ace, now look at them.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.04.2007 - 07:41
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Paul Stanley was on a a fotty show last night as hes in the country doing his solo tour preformed 'Detroit Rock City'. And my god, he sounds exactly the same as he did way back when (even on the early demo version!).

Even dad asked if I was watching a KISS DVD and said no its live!! He couldnt believe how good he sounds now too. Havent actually heard anything from his new album, but I might now that I know he sounds just as great as hes ever done.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.04.2007 - 16:15
slowdeathchick
Dude! I love KISS! They were one of the first bands to get me into Rock and they hold a very special place in my heart. In fact my boyfriend is a major fan too. we can talk on the phone for three hours about nothin but KISS and still beable to go longer. lol. My all time two favorite songs by Kiss are Strutter, and Heavens On Fire.
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
19.04.2007 - 16:26
Pinusar
Account deleted
I like this band, they have catchy songs and cool image and corpsepaint;) My favourite songs are I was made for loving you, Detroit, Rock city, God of thunder. I like the vocals too. Used to listen to KISS quite a lot but I don't do it so often anymore. Anyhow, a good classic band!
30.04.2007 - 07:55
Hyvaarin
I've lately started to really appreciate their 80s material - it's got a really bitchin' feel, and the emphasis is largely on Paul rather than Gene.

<3 P-Stan
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
10.05.2007 - 12:19
Constantinos
"I was made for loving you baby...", one of the best songs ever!!! I am not a KISS fan, but the band has wrote its own pages in the history of rock. There are a lot of tribute bands also.
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
10.05.2007 - 12:37
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
KISS ir my favourite band and my first rock/metal band for me. I first heard them when i was 6-7 , and i was like : "woow - this is the type of music i love"...
I started playing bass and singing in the influence of Gene Simmons...
06.06.2007 - 22:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I like KISS's music but I find them greatly overrated, and Gene Simmons angers me alot, because hes such a whore, hes not in it for the music, hes just a greedy prick, which is pretty unrocknroll IMO. Dont get me wrong, rising from nothing to becoming famous is a part of rock n roll, but he took it to a sickening level.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 14:32
Emjay13
Account deleted
Kiss are my all time favourite band,my parents brought me up listening to them.They were the first band i ever got into. My mum and dad took me to their farewell concert when i was 9 years old. It was one of the best memories i have of my childhood. Ever since then i've wanted to be a "rockstar".
15.06.2007 - 21:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
hell, i used to have KISS trading cards, even though I never owned an album of their's.

favorite tracks would be "God of Thunder" and "Detroit Rock City".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.06.2007 - 12:23
mansonnette
Account deleted
Kisss are one of my favourite bands.
01.12.2008 - 13:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Just found this hilarious "biographic" animated cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUaYk3eC_I
05.12.2008 - 17:38
FOOCK Nam
Beth is such a very good song of them. IMO they are more influence on make up rather than music.
06.12.2008 - 01:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
Their "Symphony" concert is certainly one of the best DVD:s in my collection. If I get to choose one CD from their discography, that must be the one. But then again, I'm a sucker for orchestras.
----
06.12.2008 - 05:55
kkktookmybaby
I used to be obsessed with these guys jajaja my room is full of kiss stuff

i like almost any kiss song that i hear ...

i truly believe ace frehly and paul were the best of kiss