Metal Storm logo
MindGrinder

15.08.2006 - 22:44
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer

This is a Black/Death Metal band hailing from Norway. Their vocalist, Cosmocrator, played bass for the Blackened Death Metal band Zyklon and has also done guest vocals in the band Windir. They also have, behind the drum kit, the Black Metal band Disiplin's former drummer Nex. Cosmocrators' way of singing is curiously similar to the growls that Secthdaemon makes, being backed up in some songs by Titan (the guitarist) which sings in a way that I can only describe as Hardcorish.

Their music has taken a little different direction in their latest release "Riot Detonator" by being more Thrash oriented in some songs and with prominent solos there. The difference of the musical approach in their latest release makes them hard to be recognized in some songs, making one think that we have two bands within an album; just listen to "Pathetic Submission" and "The Rebellion".

Highlight: Pathetic Submission (this song totally slays)

If you want to check them out here is their official website:

http://www.mindgrinder.com/cms/

If not, screw yourself.
----
Christless
25.08.2006 - 16:01
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 15.08.2006 at 22:44

This is a Black/Death Metal band hailing from Norway. Their vocalist, Cosmocrator, played bass for the Blackened Death Metal band Zyklon and has also done guest vocals in the band Windir. They also have, behind the drum kit, the Black Metal band Disiplin's former drummer Nex. Cosmocrators' way of singing is curiously similar to the growls that Secthdaemon makes, being backed up in some songs by Titan (the guitarist) which sings in a way that I can only describe as Hardcorish.

Their music has taken a little different direction in their latest release "Riot Detonator" by being more Thrash oriented in some songs and with prominent solos there. The difference of the musical approach in their latest release makes them hard to be recognized in some songs, making one think that we have two bands within an album; just listen to "Pathetic Submission" and "The Rebellion".

Highlight: Pathetic Submission (this song totally slays)

If you want to check them out here is their official website:

http://www.mindgrinder.com/cms/

If not, screw yourself.

Catchy enough, not my fav band though
26.08.2006 - 02:49
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Basso:

Praised be Yevon for this thread has been revived. I thought it would vanish and be forgotten. Yeah, the band has some catchy stuff indeed. Did you check the song Pathetic Submission?
----
Christless
26.08.2006 - 14:33
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 26.08.2006 at 02:49

@Basso:

Praised be Yevon for this thread has been revived. I thought it would vanish and be forgotten. Yeah, the band has some catchy stuff indeed. Did you check the song Pathetic Submission?

Woow, Final Fantasy ftw mate!

On topic : I am now grimly and frostbittenly checking it out, await a very necro answer

Answer : Shit there was some really catchy stuff in that song, maybe I would headbang to it if I saw them live :[
26.08.2006 - 15:40
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Yeah. That song is a definitely headbanger because of the way it starts with the guitars and with the simple company of the drums; just to be followed by the double bass resulting in a headbanger frenzy. :[ In this song you can easily appreciate how similar Cosmocrator sings to Setchdaemon, except with the voice and scream he makes (after the solo). They are a good band; they may not be pushing the boundaries of Metal far beyond as other bands but that does not mean that they aren't good. I still prefer Zyklon over MindGrinder though.
----
Christless
27.08.2006 - 12:05
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 26.08.2006 at 15:40

Yeah. That song is a definitely headbanger because of the way it starts with the guitars and with the simple company of the drums; just to be followed by the double bass resulting in a headbanger frenzy. :[ In this song you can easily appreciate how similar Cosmocrator sings to Setchdaemon, except with the voice and scream he makes (after the solo). They are a good band; they may not be pushing the boundaries of Metal far beyond as other bands but that does not mean that they aren't good. I still prefer Zyklon over MindGrinder though.

I would prefer Myrkskog over both Zyklon and MindGrinder !
But yes indeed theese guys are cool.
31.08.2006 - 05:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 12:05

Written by Darth Satanious on 26.08.2006 at 15:40

I would prefer Myrkskog over both Zyklon and MindGrinder !
But yes indeed theese guys are cool.

I do prefer Myrkskog over MindGrinder but not over Zyklon. The reason of this, well, I wrote it in this thread:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=397
----
Christless