Metal Storm logo
Marduk

Original post

Posted by Throne of Rats, 23.08.2006 - 13:07
A thread dedicated to the mighty Marduk, feel free to discuss/share your thoughts on Marduk.
01.05.2007 - 11:08
Nazeef
Written by Throne of Rats on 01.05.2007 at 11:05

Really? Fuck Me Jesus has to be one of the most Blackened, Evil and somewhat Brutal release that have Marduk have ever created.

I don't think so my friend, "Fuck me Jesus" is Marduk debute album. It may holds satanic and evil themes and atmospheres but in term of brutality, it is so far to be a "PANZER DIVISION" :-)
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 11:31
Throne of Rats
Written by Nazeef on 01.05.2007 at 11:08

Really? Fuck Me Jesus has to be one of the most Blackened, Evil and somewhat Brutal release that have Marduk have ever created.

I don't think so my friend, "Fuck me Jesus" is Marduk debute album. It may holds satanic and evil themes and atmospheres but in term of brutality, it is so far to be a "PANZER DIVISION" :-)

Correction FMJ is an EP, and IMO is more 'Old School' and brutal to me, however you must think different
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
01.05.2007 - 13:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Panzer Division is the most brutal Marduk album, but that is why I don't like it much, it is just fast. LA Grande Dance Macabre or Nightwing - the truly great albums...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.05.2007 - 14:13
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Throne of Rats on 01.05.2007 at 11:31

Correction FMJ is an EP, and IMO is more 'Old School' and brutal to me, however you must think different

Even when the title of the EP suggests it is a really brutal album; it isn't that brutal.
Panzer Division Marduk is a lot more brutal. Or maybe it is just the war theme that runs through the entire Panzer Division Marduk album? Anyway, I think Fuck Me Jesus is more a typical dark satanic black metal release, Marduk wasn't that brutal back then.
24.05.2007 - 20:18
BlackMin
Account deleted
Ive really got into Marduks new album in these last weeks. Ive never been a fan of Marduks music. I checked Plague Angel like year ago and it got boring to me in pretty short time. The main reason were the song structures; pretty much every song were fast blastbeat massacre from start to end. In new album its really refreshing to hear some slower parts/songs at times.
29.05.2007 - 01:00
Sunioj
Written by APOHAKC on 01.05.2007 at 13:47

Panzer Division is the most brutal Marduk album, but that is why I don't like it much, it is just fast. LA Grande Dance Macabre or Nightwing - the truly great albums...

I just got Nightwing, I like alot actually, prolly more that Panzer Division Marduk, it just feels darker and versatile...this is going to be my fav from this band for awhile!
29.05.2007 - 01:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Sunioj on 29.05.2007 at 01:00

Written by APOHAKC on 01.05.2007 at 13:47

I just got Nightwing, I like alot actually, prolly more that Panzer Division Marduk, it just feels darker and versatile...this is going to be my fav from this band for awhile!

That is what I am talking about Nightwing is great album, it is little bit slower than other releases, but cuh darker.. I especially liked bass lines on that album, truly amazing, at least to me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.06.2007 - 03:42
Germ
Account deleted
Written by Throne of Rats on 01.05.2007 at 11:31

Written by Nazeef on 01.05.2007 at 11:08

Lol I love the cover

13.07.2007 - 13:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
All Metal Music recently conducted an interview with Morgan Håkansson and you can listen it at YouTube here.
18.07.2007 - 17:43
Infurnace
One of the best Black Metal band I know. "Rom:12" is a really great record. It's pretty different from the other albums.
25.07.2007 - 04:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The other day I bought 4 Marduk albums again that I lost in my car crash, before having a chance to listen to them. I previously had 2, La Grande Danse Macabre and Panzer Division Marduk, and I really did not understand the hype over them, so I just bought a handfull to end my curiousity: Rom 5:12, Dark Endless, Heaven Shall Burn, and Opus Nocturne. After somewhat brief listens, I can safely say that I prefer Opus Nocturne over all the others. Not only does it have the cool intro that Black Metal Radio uses, but I was more fond of the geetar riffs I guess. All the songs on Heaven Shall Burn sound the same, and the vocals on Dark Endless are annoying to me, but I do like the instrumentals. I do agree with everyone in regards to Rom 5:12 standing out the most in their discography, and while I do like it, I don't think that all the songs are strong enough for me to think that it's their best.

Edit: Rom 5:12 is easily my favorite, with Opus Nocturne being a distant second.
28.07.2007 - 04:32
6stringedDemon
Account deleted
MARDUK IS IN MY BLACK HEART THEY ARE JUST SO FUCKING PURE !!!!! Legion was a god new singer is not to bad On darkned Wings MAkes me butcher some one
26.08.2007 - 12:27
FOAD
Account deleted
"Rom 5:12" has been a constant for me lately. I love how fucking vile it sounds. The vocals are so much wetter than on other releases.
30.08.2007 - 01:11
iuda
Account deleted
ROM 5:12 sounds very fine to me. Of my favorite songs from this album: The Levelling Dust, Vanity of Vanities and Through The Belly of Damnation. If i was asked to rate it, i'd had given it 8.5 out of 10. Though i like the album, it wasn't what i had espected. Not that evil, not that scary.

Nightwing is a good album, but at the moment i am not sure which i would personally consider their best. Maybe this one, maybe not.

My favorite Marduk song: Death, Sex, Ejaculation from La Grande Danse Macabre. I consider it simply divine. Yes, i prefer melodic metal rather than noisy anger. What do i mean? Well, the instrumental was the first thing that caught my attention when i first listened to Death, Sex, Ejaculation. Evil. Since then i listen to this song at least 10 times a day. I wish they would perform it live in Romania. Yes, there is a great chance to meet me there, i won't miss such a chance of seeing Marduk live!
01.09.2007 - 10:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Romans 5:12 really got me back into black metal, I was getting tired of it and I moved away from it for a bit but something about this album just grabbed me. Everything about it, the drums are heavy, not just the sound quality, but the beats themselves seem almost like a heavy tribal feel to them, thats the best way I could word it. The riffs are evil sounding but with more of a rock n roll feel to them that I never see in BM....not to mention Ive never heard vocals like these.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.09.2007 - 09:20
Winter Death
Account deleted
Jesus there is a lot of praise for the new album. I'm convinced that I'm going to have to go pick it up. I would not have predicted that they could have redeemed themselves.
13.12.2007 - 22:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
France's Radio Metal recently conducted an interview with Morgan Håkansson. You can listen to the chat in streaming audio at this location.
14.12.2007 - 07:45
ArcanaHereticae
Panzer Division Marduk is one of the best Black Metal albums of all time, in my opinion.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
14.12.2007 - 14:00
Xaphiris
Speaking of which... I'm going to see them on the 7th of January. Yay!
----
09.01.2008 - 21:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Mmmm I don't know what to think about this band...
One friend told me that they kick ass.. And then I downloaded some songs from their first albums such as Dark Endless, Panzer Div, and things like that.. And I didn't like it... Panzer was just... to much noise [Don't take it in a bad way.. it's just that I don't have other words to describe it]

So then I deleted all the tracks that I had... And listened to my stuff again.
That day was about..mmm 6 mouths ago.

NOW... I listened to the Myspace of them... two songs of the new album Rom 5:12 and they was just... insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*cking awesome, Then I heard one song ogf the album Those of the Unlight with one of the best Bass line that I have heard in a very long time....
Sooo I'm really confused.
Maybe is the fact that I don't like so much the norsecore... I like the Marduk more technical and melodic.

I don't know so much about their discography. Can someone tell me about albums that has something to do with my tastes, Like Rom 5:12, Those In the Unlight and stuff like that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.01.2008 - 15:55
VPeter
I really don't understand the hype about Panzer, I found that album awefull. it is just such a mess, it just blasts away without any feel of direction every song feels the same and gets repetive quickly.
21.01.2008 - 08:17
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
whats a good album to start on? panzer marduk?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
21.01.2008 - 14:58
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.01.2008 at 21:47

Mmmm I don't know what to think about this band...
One friend told me that they kick ass.. And then I downloaded some songs from their first albums such as Dark Endless, Panzer Div, and things like that.. And I didn't like it... Panzer was just... to much noise [Don't take it in a bad way.. it's just that I don't have other words to describe it]

So then I deleted all the tracks that I had... And listened to my stuff again.
That day was about..mmm 6 mouths ago.

NOW... I listened to the Myspace of them... two songs of the new album Rom 5:12 and they was just... insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*cking awesome, Then I heard one song ogf the album Those of the Unlight with one of the best Bass line that I have heard in a very long time....
Sooo I'm really confused.
Maybe is the fact that I don't like so much the norsecore... I like the Marduk more technical and melodic.

I don't know so much about their discography. Can someone tell me about albums that has something to do with my tastes, Like Rom 5:12, Those In the Unlight and stuff like that.

I'd definately recommend Those Of The Unlight. It's very melodic, with clean guitars every so often and even an instrumental with some keyboard work. On Darkened Wings is probably the best song (with that great bassline) but all the other songs are very, very good too, especially the title track and Burn My Coffin. You wouldn't know it was the same band that made Panzer Division (That's because it wasn't really, apart from Morgan).

ROM 5:12 is fantastic. There is good variety between the songs, Mortuus vocals are amazing and it has that really dirty sound and a great atmosphere. It's got some fast, brutal blastbeat stuff but overall is very well paced. This album is way better than Plague Angel (the only other one with Mortuus on vocals).

Heaven Shall Burn... is mostly blasting, but unlike Panzer Division it has more atmosphere, the riffs are very melodic (dark and sorrowful melodies) and the songs are very well structured.

Those are my 3 favourite albums. Opus Nocturne is very similar to TOTU but the songs arn't half as good.
21.01.2008 - 17:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=2943] on 21.01.2008 at 14:58

I'd definately recommend Those Of The Unlight. It's very melodic, with clean guitars every so often and even an instrumental with some keyboard work. On Darkened Wings is probably the best song (with that great bassline) but all the other songs are very, very good too, especially the title track and Burn My Coffin. You wouldn't know it was the same band that made Panzer Division (That's because it wasn't really, apart from Morgan).

ROM 5:12 is fantastic. There is good variety between the songs, Mortuus vocals are amazing and it has that really dirty sound and a great atmosphere. It's got some fast, brutal blastbeat stuff but overall is very well paced. This album is way better than Plague Angel (the only other one with Mortuus on vocals).

Heaven Shall Burn... is mostly blasting, but unlike Panzer Division it has more atmosphere, the riffs are very melodic (dark and sorrowful melodies) and the songs are very well structured.

Those are my 3 favourite albums. Opus Nocturne is very similar to TOTU but the songs arn't half as good.

Thank you man, I appreciate it ^^
For me this band is really interesting... It was really a shame when I heard Panzer Div and though that the band was pure noise xD.
But some albums seems very very good.
I only wonder... what about the albums Dark Endlees, Nightwing, La Grande Danse Macabre or WWorld Funeral?
I readed good things abouth Nightwing.. but I don't know about the others.

Thanks one more time =p
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.01.2008 - 21:58
VPeter
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 21.01.2008 at 08:17

hell no, I think Plague Angel is a good start.
23.01.2008 - 00:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Id definitely go with the new album, Its probably my favorite from what Ive heard of them, Im not a big black metal guy but that album I found to be extremely enjoyable.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.01.2008 - 05:16
bucky01403
Account deleted

Opus Nocturne
22.02.2008 - 16:47
NOИ
...and World Funeral is a good album, that was my first one from Marduk actually. with Arioch as a vocalist, I'm expecting much more from this band! a more religious turn like his old project Funeral Mist maybe or something new and more extreme for black metal, I dont know...
29.02.2008 - 17:19
Damnated
Churchburner
i picked up Rom 5:12 again today, and i liked it. the monotonous blast beats are still annoying, but the album is pretty diverse and entertaining throughout it's course. they have some orthodox elements now, which i appreciate.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.03.2008 - 09:15
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Being not a massive Black Metal fan myself, I have always had a spot for Marduk in me. They're truly an awesome powerful Black Metal regardless if Legion is on vocals or not. I prefer the pre-Legion Marduk personally. My fav album by them is Dark Endless. I also enjoy Opus Nocturne and Heaven Shall Burn.... When We Are Gathered(Legion's debut in Marduk). I'd say Heaven Shall Burn is their most extreme album, mainly for my passion for the song Black Tormentor Of Satan. That song is one of a kind in terms of True Black Metal. Overall though Marduk are a sick Black Metal band all round.