05. Mary La Sanglante
06. Lycanthropie
07. Poison D' Etat
08. La parodie Du Fou
09. Souvenirs De Gambai
10. Livide
11. Dernière Morsure
12. Vestige D'Un Chaos

Finally the new album of ADX's return is out and all the people who used to listen to this cult French band will be able to see if it was a good idea or not to do this come back. Ten years after their last album "Resurrection", the French combo is better than ever to prove that French Speed Metal is still alive, and you know what? It's a great return!

With Killers, Vulcain and Nightmare, ADX is probably one of the most important and famous old school band from France. It's great to see that the band is back one more time and evidently when this come back is accompanied by a great album this is simply perfect. One more time ADX plays its favourite music some kind of really melodic Thrash Metal mixed with Heavy Metal. This kind of music was really popular during the 80's in France and the great thing with ADX is that even if they still play such music, it doesn't sound so old! Definitely the "old school" Metal influences are still here but this is fast, aggressive, melodic of course and it sounds modern! Sure the vocals in France are maybe the only point which can be negative for some people (yes, the vocals sound a bit old that's right) but Phil is a good singer which is able to transmit a real energy through his voice so at least it doesn't sound weak, this is powerful as hell.

This new album is perfectly recorded and full of hits. A song like "A La Gloire De Dieu" has a really great thrashy riff, when a song like "Division Blindée" is a lot more melodic and Heavy, the album is really varied finally. The guys, even if they're not so young now (sorry dudes ) still have the energy of newcomers and believe me you'll move your ass while you'll listen to this album which never lacks of rhythm!

I simply regret that I got a promo CD which only feature two full length songs plus a medley so I cannot say for sure if everything is perfect. But it seems to be great yes and I'm happy to say today that ADX is not back for nothing. The band will tour all around France next autumn so don't miss them if they come in your city, you'll probably have some great surprises! Fans of French Heavy and Thrash Metal "Division Blindée" is a must for your discography!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 25.05.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
24.06.2011 - 13:40
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Need to pick this up asap! what a great band...

Hits total: 6436 | This month: 6