9 want it

01. Momentary Relapse Of Pain
02. Stare Into The Night
03. Seize The Day
04. Broken
05. The Pensive Disarray
06. He Will Remain
07. The Meaning Of I
08. Iron Dream (In Memoriam: Peter Steele)
09. Feuer Meiner Zeit
10. Fire Of The Times
11. She Takes Me (Into The Morning Light)
12. It's Time To Know
13. Are You Shaded?

When the year is good, awesome releases of little bands often get overlooked. But the Prog Police has deemed this worthy. Enjoy.

MoraWintersoul's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: GT, Dane Train
Bandcamp music player

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 319 users
22.09.2011 - 19:32
Arcticus

Sweet, "I Am The Revolution" was awesome, looking forward to this now! Always good to see the hometown heroes going strong...the Pete Steele memorial should be interesting
29.09.2011 - 12:36
Rating: 10
Deefer46

I've had a copy of 'The Meaning Of I' for few weeks now, and following on from the brilliant 'I Am The ReVolution' this one is a total fucking EPIC. We tend to band the word 'awesome' about quite a lot but this album really is an Awesome achievement. I must have listened to it now about 30 times and I get blown away with every listen. I Am The ReVolution' was my favourite album of 2009. And this definitely will be my fav of 2011. The musicianship is second to none (Dream Theater take note) with clever, intelligent lyrics, great compositions. As a prog/metal fan this is about as good as it gets. The Meaning Of I - the 'I' must stand for 'incredible' - cos this album is. Buy, Beg, Borrow or Steal this album - it needs to be in your collection. Once its on your turntable, it won't come off for weeks - mark my words. 10/10.......Marvelous. (it really is fuckin' brilliant)
17.10.2011 - 10:32
Rating: 7
sorin

So progressive, much better i am the revolution.
04.11.2011 - 03:50
Rating: 9
Víctor

Great work, and the tribute to Steele (Iron Dream) sounds amazing
16.12.2011 - 12:17
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Never found Voyager's music as good as you guys do, only cheesy. Good for spending 30 minutes.
----
17.12.2011 - 16:57
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by qlacs on 16.12.2011 at 12:17

Never found Voyager's music as good as you guys do, only cheesy. Good for spending 30 minutes.

Cheesy isn't quite the right word. I can't think of one at the moment but let me say this. They are a nice diversion, whenever I listen I feel like I'm in the 1980's again.
----
rekt
18.12.2011 - 05:38
Slinky666
Account deleted
The artwork really got me in the mood for this album. I can appreciate when artwork and music flow together. Clearly, the artist must have listened to this album (hint for other artists: good thing to do). I like all the tracks.
18.12.2011 - 19:42
DrM
DreaMutilated
First listen behind me, a few notes:
The drummer is EXTREMELY annoying, he ruins excellent verses by unnecessarily blasting the double bass.

Comparing it to this year's ultra cheesy/corny/other random food starting with C "All Gods Are Gone" (by Appearance Of Nothing), this is quite a profound observation. Well, random baby barbles are more profound than the lyrics of All Gods Are Gone, but these here are quite nice actually.
19.12.2011 - 08:21
Rating: 9
Mechaniacal

This is pretty amazing. What a year it's been for Australian bands, and for metal in general.
21.02.2012 - 03:08
Rating: 6
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
The first time I listened to this album I thought this was a debut from some kind of debut album. the guitar and drum work was mediocre at best, the singer shockingly underwhelming, and the keyboards, despite filling in empty space the rhythm section of the band was leaving with some interesting melodies, seemed so underneath the mix that it could have been a random synthesizer for all I knew. Alas, the best performances "She Takes Me", and "Its Time to Know", are either pretty far from or are not metal, that it made me wonder why they would focus so much on being some kind of metal band. When Danny sings on most of the songs, his strengths don't really work in the genre as well as his talent might suggest. I thought this was his solo project but felt that he needed to be metal....for some reason and hired a few of his friends from the local high school band.

However, what I am even more shocked is that these guys have been around since 2000, and from what I can gather, Voyager's past releases seemed to be pretty cohesive with combining the band's performance and Danny's singing and keys. Is this some kind of sign that Danny may try something new in the future or is his musical passions having his find himself not really blending very well with the genre.
22.02.2012 - 00:20
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Paradox0 on 21.02.2012 at 03:08

The first time I listened to this album I thought this was a debut from some kind of debut album. the guitar and drum work was mediocre at best, the singer shockingly underwhelming, and the keyboards, despite filling in empty space the rhythm section of the band was leaving with some interesting melodies, seemed so underneath the mix that it could have been a random synthesizer for all I knew. Alas, the best performances "She Takes Me", and "Its Time to Know", are either pretty far from or are not metal, that it made me wonder why they would focus so much on being some kind of metal band. When Danny sings on most of the songs, his strengths don't really work in the genre as well as his talent might suggest. I thought this was his solo project but felt that he needed to be metal....for some reason and hired a few of his friends from the local high school band.

However, what I am even more shocked is that these guys have been around since 2000, and from what I can gather, Voyager's past releases seemed to be pretty cohesive with combining the band's performance and Danny's singing and keys. Is this some kind of sign that Danny may try something new in the future or is his musical passions having his find himself not really blending very well with the genre.

I feel every Voyager record sounds the same, maybe he getting sick of it...
----
rekt
18.04.2013 - 23:59
JÄY
Metal slave
Def. my least favorite of theirs
08.08.2023 - 03:58
tintinb

This was a really good album. Some of the tunes are really catchy.
----
Leeches everywhere.

Hits total: 11710 | This month: 30