Release date: August 2011

01. Alpha Eri
02. M20
03. Gas Und Staub Zwischen Den Sternen
04. Sternenstaub
05. Verteilung Der Nebel Im Raum
06. NGC 6611
07. NGC 3242 (Ghost Of Jupiter)

Close your eyes, lean back; prepare yourself for liftoff. Rise out from your seat, through your ceiling, your roof, and into the sky above as Alrakis embraces you, freeing mind and body from this terrestrial realm. Soon, as you rise through the heavens, away from the reaches of the Earth, you begin a cosmic black metal journey not unlike that of Sun Of The Blind or Chaos Moon.

At this time you have left everything you have ever known behind and in its place, the Cosmos. Floating through this massive void your outstretched hand can almost feel the warm touch of a passing planet, the rough skin of a soaring meteor. By now you have become fully acclimated with your new surroundings; feeling ever more alive in this lifeless landscape until you begin a rapid descent.

Grasped by the gravity of a nearby, unknown star, you rapidly free fall towards its surface at terminal velocity. Your hair starts to singe, reaching flames lick out towards your body; you know it is only a matter of time before you will inevitably disintegrate in this fiery inferno. And then you are lifted back up, resuming your cosmic journey.

You repeat this near-death dance several times, always thinking it will be the last. Exhausted, you fall limp, resigning yourself to the uncontrollable throes of space until you realize it is over. No more do the tumultuous forces of the universe haunt you, instead leaving you alone to become one with the outstretched stars and planets, each passing quasar and grain of stardust, no longer fearful of atmospheric heat or the suction of a black hole. You are finally at peace, on your way to Alpha Eri.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written by Marcus | 14.01.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 134 users
15.01.2012 - 13:25
Rating: 8
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
A good enough review for the front page if you ask me.

Agreed on everything you said. Personally I rated it a little lower but that's not enough to make me disagree with your excellent description.

PS I jacked your opening paragraph for my Staff pick, which links to your review.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.01.2012 - 16:03
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
Man ! what an awesome review
You precisely described how this album makes me feel, now I love it even more
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
15.01.2012 - 18:07
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.01.2012 at 13:25

A good enough review for the front page if you ask me.

Agreed on everything you said. Personally I rated it a little lower but that's not enough to make me disagree with your excellent description.

PS I jacked your opening paragraph for my Staff pick, which links to your review.

Thanks! That would undoubtedly be the coolest thing to happen to me on this site. I just saw that, I feel so accomplished now!

Written by InnerSelf on 15.01.2012 at 16:03

Man ! what an awesome review
You precisely described how this album makes me feel, now I love it even more

Thanks for the kind words, glad I managed to make you enjoy it even more.
15.01.2012 - 20:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Man this stuff is so beautiful. While acts like Darkspace creates a more fearful portrait of space, this is just... beautiful.

Glad that the review matches the beauty of the record, agree with Troy... This is front-page material
Cheers.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.01.2012 - 16:36
Merchant of Doom

One of the best of 2011...
17.01.2012 - 03:19
Susan
Smeghead
Yeah, very well written review

I must hear this music now so I can take my own journey through the universe.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.01.2012 - 02:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Great review!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.01.2012 - 02:04
Enoch
Account deleted
Good review. Great music.
07.02.2012 - 14:11
Umideath

One of the best of Dark Ambient/Atmospheric Black...
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
17.02.2012 - 19:45
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Pretty cool album. Darkspace are still rulers of space but I'm enjoying this quite a bit.
----
Brujerizmo!
17.02.2012 - 19:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Konrad on 17.02.2012 at 19:45

Pretty cool album. Darkspace are still rulers of space but I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

I see both as parallels to be honest. Can't compare them at all. Both are wonderful bands but they take a completely different approach for their space concept.
Darkspace just shows an empty and sometimes terrifying portrait of space while Alrakis displays a more beautiful, delicate and calm melancholy approach to it.
And Oranssi Pazuzu?...They are just tripping balls dude.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.08.2012 - 23:59
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
My favorite review, describes this album perfectly. To counteract Troy i would have rated this a little higher
18.08.2012 - 02:39
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by Alex F on 14.08.2012 at 23:59

My favorite review, describes this album perfectly.

Ha you are too kind but thank you all the same.
21.08.2012 - 18:26
Slayer666

It's been almost a year and this baby still gets regular spins... Haven't found anything like this yet.
22.08.2012 - 04:11
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Slayer666 on 21.08.2012 at 18:26

It's been almost a year and this baby still gets regular spins... Haven't found anything like this yet.

I have

I also still spin this every once and a while.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
02.10.2012 - 02:53
Evil Chip

Still really good.

Hits total: 5336 | This month: 8