07. Come Undone [Duran Duran cover]
08. Believe Me
09. Down To The Floor
10. Angel Sky
11. Freight Train

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Despite the presence of Mike Portnoy and Russell Allen, anyone coming to Adrenaline Mob expecting to find a glorious bastion of modern progressive metal will be sorely disappointed. There is none of the songwriting ingenuity, instrumental interplay, or, truth be told, any remnants whatsoever of Dream Theater or Symphony X in this album. Even the guitar solos seem forced, out-of-place, or unbearably standard. Mike Orlando may be a technically proficient musician, but it seems as if the solos are merely obligatory and not inspired at all. In addition, aside from the six-and-a-half-minute "Hit the Wall," a song which tires itself out rather quickly, most of the tracks are between four and five minutes, not a great deal of time for progressing musically.

Read more ››
published 17.08.2012 | Comments (4)

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 357 users
06.03.2012 - 21:02
Rating: 4
Rulatore

Sounds generic, I'm kind disappointed
13.03.2012 - 18:13
Rating: 9
Byners

Nope... It isn't generic at all.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
15.03.2012 - 02:39
strade

Oh, come on.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
16.03.2012 - 03:23
Rating: 5
Liquid

If I'd gotten this a month ago, I'd have enjoyed the hell out of it. I was in the prime Symphony X swing (they came through my town a few weeks ago), and I was starting to get into punch and crunch. Unfortunately, in the meanwhile, I've been exploring thrash metal. Don't ask me why I haven't before. But basically... comparing recent purchases Vulgar Display of Power and Omerta. Yikes.

What this album needs is someone who can write a riff. The choruses are cool, the vocals beefy, the solos appropriately self-congratulatory, etc. Except all this promised balls-to-the-wall metal kind of sounds like something between generic radio metal and, well, hard rock. I'll still look forward to releases from Russell Allen, but I'm pretty sure Mike Orlando is on my skip list forever.
23.03.2012 - 07:03
Deon101

Russell Allen - My favorite metal singer ever
Mike Portnoy - One of the worlds greatest drummers
Mike Orlando - A savy shredder

All get together and make....... a Hard Rock album. Even though I knew this, I gave this cd 50 minuets of my life. What did I get out of it? 1 song that I liked, Hit the Wall (and I had to make myself like this song). Even though this wasn't a metal album, I still had hope that some type of vituosity could be shown on a normal basis. There are little spurts here and there, but you would never know the true ability of these guys from this album. I'm sorry, but I listened to this cd with the wrong expectations and now I don't think I can enjoy it.... Its just.... Generic, nothing new, nothing that gets my blood pumping, nothing flashy. These songs are predictable. They could have at least given us one song that they just ripped to shreds, but no. If your into hard rock, this might be an awsome cd, especually if you have no idea who these people are. I can not recommend this to anyone.

Hit the Wall
25.03.2012 - 21:56
Rating: 7
Fade To Black

Nothing special, but this is the first album from the band.
06.04.2012 - 13:18
Rating: 9
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
"Undaunted" aweful .
19.04.2012 - 02:26
Regolith

What the... Are they... Is this... Seriously? This is horrid. Painfully straightforwad, predictable, cookie-cutter structure. I respect each individual artist here but the sum was not greater than the parts. And how wierd is this: right smack in the middle they cover Duran Duran. Of all bands! What the...? I happen to like DD but the point is it's a metal album.
01.07.2012 - 22:20
John Shock

Written by Deon101 on 23.03.2012 at 07:03

Russell Allen - My favorite metal singer ever
Mike Portnoy - One of the worlds greatest drummers
Mike Orlando - A savy shredder

All get together and make....... a Hard Rock album. Even though I knew this, I gave this cd 50 minuets of my life. What did I get out of it? 1 song that I liked, Hit the Wall (and I had to make myself like this song). Even though this wasn't a metal album, I still had hope that some type of vituosity could be shown on a normal basis. There are little spurts here and there, but you would never know the true ability of these guys from this album. I'm sorry, but I listened to this cd with the wrong expectations and now I don't think I can enjoy it.... Its just.... Generic, nothing new, nothing that gets my blood pumping, nothing flashy. These songs are predictable. They could have at least given us one song that they just ripped to shreds, but no. If your into hard rock, this might be an awsome cd, especually if you have no idea who these people are. I can not recommend this to anyone.

Hit the Wall

How bad can this be? ...
01.07.2012 - 22:33
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by John Shock on 01.07.2012 at 22:20

How bad can this be? ...

As bad as he described it. I fangasmed over the lineup when they announced this and then some shitrain coming out of my speakers put my little fire out.
----
7.0 means the album is good
01.07.2012 - 22:42
John Shock

Written by Milena on 01.07.2012 at 22:33

Written by John Shock on 01.07.2012 at 22:20

How bad can this be? ...

As bad as he described it. I fangasmed over the lineup when they announced this and then some shitrain coming out of my speakers put my little fire out.

I gotta confess...when i saw the announcement about this line-up i got all excited and expected some mix between Russen Allen Symphonic stuff and Portnoy's best techniques on the drums....
04.09.2012 - 18:56
John Shock

Kinda surprised with the idea of change about these two talented famous musicians of Prog style! They did something diferent to surprise fans from Prog style...including me! i'm blown away!
14.02.2014 - 13:20
Rating: 5
Lethrokai

Goddamnit... I decided to come back to this album, just to check on whether I was being harsh on it my first time.

Turns out, I wasn't being harsh enough! Bland doesn't even begin to describe this one. There is absolutely nothing here that isn't done completely by the textbook.

I mean, I know they wanted to change things up with this... but doesn't "changing things up" generally come with, oh I don't know, innovation!?
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
05.11.2014 - 13:50
Rating: 6
_deepblack

The only good track is the first track and its kinda disappointing a super group like this produces this kind of cliche music
05.06.2018 - 01:04
Rating: 6
Captain Laika

First reaction was disappointment, because this line-up raised high expectations. Some songs were enjoyable though and stuck in my head. Still never made it to the end of the album, interest is lost after 4/5 tracks. Now I consider it nice workout music.
12.10.2022 - 18:42
Rating: 7
Tom Muller

Its not that bad come on
----
Can you see it

Hits total: 7721 | This month: 19