Metal Storm logo
Toxik - New Guitarist Announced

Veteran thrashers Toxik have recently recruited Ralph Santolla (ex-Death, Obituary, Deicide) as their new second guitarist. The reformed Toxik is also well into the recording sessions for a currently untitled follow-up to 1989's Think This with a projected release date of late fall 2013. Further details regarding album details and live actions will be revealed in the coming months.

Josh Christian, founding member and lead guitarist comments: "Ralph was the first choice. I had talked to other friends about tour spots and playing as guests, but the new material is pretty deep arrangement wise and complicated in its layering. We need that second voice on the instrument. Ralph's experience level is top-shelf, plus he has a very diverse musical approach. Sure he's played great heavy music with legendary bands and artists but, he also has an amazing ear for melody. The guy can really play! Most of all he's a brother, Ralph Santolla and I go way back, I can remember Chuck Schulinder [Death] sitting in the lounge at Morrisound watching Ralph and I trading ideas and saying: 'You guys should play together.' So, with Chuck's blessings I think the next album just took a giant leap for mankind."

Santolla also comments: "I'm really excited and humbled that Josh has asked me to be part of the reformed Toxik. Here's how all of this started - I basically grew up at Morrisound, I wouldn't be surprised if I was their longest running client. I've answered the phone there and taken the garbage out quite a few times. Jim and Tom have taught me a lot and I owe them quite a bit. Back when Toxik was recording the first album,Tom called me and said there was a band down from New York, and the guitarist was amazing. He said he thought we should meet, so I came down to the studio. Josh and I hit it off immediately, and we've been great friends ever since. We have hour's long conversations about guitar, art, religion, music, politics, you name it. He's an extremely deep, intelligent guy. So when he told me he was putting Toxik back together, I was psyched for him. He started sending me music to check out, and I was blown away. I told him 'Dude, you only get to make one comeback record, give this everything you possibly can, hold nothing back,' and he seems to be doing that. Eventually he asked me to play live, that lead to being in the band. It's a big challenge; the stuff he's writing is ultra fast and technical. And for bonus points, Jason Bittner!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Toxik
Posted: 18.08.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 44 users
18.08.2013 - 12:13
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Wow! Hell yeah
----
18.08.2013 - 19:18
Lit.
Account deleted
Wow, not bad.
19.08.2013 - 06:01
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I'm excited and afraid at the same time, both Toxik records are great and unique, what if their new album is reaaaaally bad compared to them? I think I'll be quite open minded about it.

I just hope they'll get another great artwork by Ed Repka, it suits them.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2337 | This month: 4