Metal Storm logo
Newsted - Cancel Soundwave Appearance

In the continuing saga that is the Australian Soundwave festival for 2014, it now seems that Newsted have also decided to cancel.

The ex- Metallica bassist Jason Newsted has posted a brief statement on his Facebook page, taken down later, saying that the Newsted band will not be performing live in February and March 2014, without going into any detail, or even apologising to the fans. Outside of the festival, Newsted were playing two sidewave shows with thrash titans Testament in Melbourne and Sydney.

Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah said yesterday he was trying to figure out what was going on with Newsted, and stated that his gear had already arrived in Brisbane. Today he tweeted: "I am heartbroken that @JasonCNewsted will not be joining us at #SW14. We both look forward to bringing you a headline tour later this year." He also says Amon Amarth, Testament and The Black Dahlia Murder will play 10 extra minutes to compensate for that. The Testament sideshows will go ahead with replacement supports.

This has been the worst year for bands pulling out of the Soundwave festival, with Megadeth pulling out last week, Whitechapel being forced to cancel on Monday for family reasons, and Hardcore Superstar saying "only days before our flight, changes were made and placed HCSS in a spot that was too far away from our original agreement."

Source: metalobsession.net
Band profile: Newsted
Posted: 20.02.2014 by Ace Frawley

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 76 users
20.02.2014 - 12:19
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Did he cancel because:
A: The promoter didn't apologize for not apologizing for not apologizing to Mustaine.
B: He saw the publicity it got Megadeth and wanted some too (remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity).
C: He realised he forgot to tape something on the telly and rushed home to see it cause it probably won't be seen out here for at least 6 months.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
20.02.2014 - 13:57
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by M C Vice on 20.02.2014 at 12:19

C: He realised he forgot to tape something on the telly and rushed home to see it cause it probably won't be seen out here for at least 6 months.

what made you to give this option ?
----
The Fangirl.
20.02.2014 - 14:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 20.02.2014 at 13:57

I think he was making fun at the stupidity of the situation, highlighting how flaky and pathetic some band members can be
20.02.2014 - 16:57
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 20.02.2014 at 14:10

Written by angel. on 20.02.2014 at 13:57

I think he was making fun at the stupidity of the situation, highlighting how flaky and pathetic some band members can be

aha I thought there might be a kind of allusion. Seriously though some band members seem to lose their brain through process of making or playing music xD
----
The Fangirl.
20.02.2014 - 21:39
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Wow, an extra 10-minutes by Amon Amarth - it's something but not much. Not happy.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
21.02.2014 - 09:11
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by angel. on 20.02.2014 at 16:57

aha I thought there might be a kind of allusion. Seriously though some band members seem to lose their brain through process of making or playing music xD

I just wanted a 3 options but I only had 2 good ones. The only allusion there is to it taking so long for foreign tv shows to air here most of the time.
Plus it was as solid a reason as the 1st 2 ones.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 2075 | This month: 9