Metal Storm logo
Tim Lambesis - Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison

As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis has been sentenced to six years in prison in a San Diego Superior Courtroom for attempting to hire a hit man to kill his wife. In February, the singer pleaded guilty to soliciting an undercover cop to murder Meggan Lambesis, whom he had married eight years prior and adopted three children with. At the time, he faced up to nine years in prison. According to Radio.com, the verdict was handed down as more than three dozen people, out of the 80-plus spectators present, wore yellow felt hearts in support of Meggan Lambesis. Three of Lambesis' bandmates - Nick Hipa, Phil Sgrosso and Josh Gilbert - were present at the sentencing.

Meggan said Lambesis' behavior changed in the prior months. He had bullied her. He had become "dangerous." Reading a prepared statement, she claimed her life "felt as fragile as a piece of paper that could float away at any moment." Meggan explained to the court that Lambesis texted her the day before his arrest asking for his children's social security numbers: "He was tying up loose ends," she said. She now believes he was fantasizing about killing her in advance, quoting a favorite line from the Arnold Schwarzenegger's film Total Recall where he shoots his wife and says, "Consider that a divorce." Meggan closed by requesting the maximum sentence and a lifetime restraining order.

Defense attorney Warwick explained that Lambesis has forever given up any future contact with the adopted children, per Meggan's request. Blaming the trainer at the gym who gave Lambesis the steroids, Warwick called the man a drug dealer, claiming that "Tim's aberrant behavior" would not have occurred if it were not for the steroids. Warwick claimed Lambesis put on 40 pounds and, with the steroids combined, "morphed" into a different person.

Struggling to speak, Tim Lambesis wept before he could look at his wife. He said he could not verbally apologize before because of his restraining orders. "I do feel deep remorse. I want to thank you... for your prayers... in the midst of everything that I've done... that you have still have the heart that you do."

The judge also confirmed Meggan and children would receive 10 years' protection. Lambesis will return to court where he faces a civil suit from Meggan, who is looking for $2 million in the suit.

Lambesis was arrested on May 7th, 2013, immediately after he handed cash and photographs of his wife, along with gate codes to her home, to a San Diego County Sheriff's deputy posing as a fake hit man. Tim was in custody less than a month before bonding out on $2 million bail. He has been on house arrest for nine months, living in Carlsbad, California.

Photo: Bob Weatherston

Lambesis gave an in-depth interview to Alternative Press shortly before being sentenced, the first interview since his arrest where speaks about his case, and much more.

Meanwhile, the frontman's bandmates, along with drummer Jordan Mancino, have formed a new band called Wovenwar, which features Oh, Sleeper's Shane Blay on vocals.

Source: radio.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying
Posted: 17.05.2014 by LeChron James

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 292 users
17.05.2014 - 17:00
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Wait....did he try to blame the guy he bought steroids from? I find that mildly comical
17.05.2014 - 18:16
Druss

Written by Alex F on 17.05.2014 at 17:00

Wait....did he try to blame the guy he bought steroids from? I find that mildly comical

It reminds me of the cases where robbers attempt to break into houses, hurt themselves in the process and then sue. Where excuses like that can be said with a straight face in a courthouse, by a trained barrister, it paints a depressing picture sometimes.
17.05.2014 - 18:22
Mattybu

I think the real one at fault here is Arnold, whose lines in action movies are so irresistibly awesome it's almost impossible not to want to replicate them in real life.
17.05.2014 - 18:45
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Mattybu on 17.05.2014 at 18:22

I think the real one at fault here is Arnold, whose lines in action movies are so irresistibly awesome it's almost impossible not to want to replicate them in real life.

Completely agree. This is just like those violent games which make the kids violent and want to get out killing everyone. The game producers are so wrong, what are they doing with our kids. Violent games should totally be forbidden.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.05.2014 - 18:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
What I've learned from this: Tim can rock a man bun.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2014 - 21:36
Morgul

Quote:
Quote:

Completely agree. This is just like those violent games which make the kids violent and want to get out killing everyone. The game producers are so wrong, what are they doing with our kids. Violent games should totally be forbidden.

hahahahahahahhahahaha
17.05.2014 - 22:02
ThyKingdomScvm

The only thing that sucks about this whole thing is no Pyrithion full-length.
17.05.2014 - 23:28
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Written by ThyKingdomScvm on 17.05.2014 at 22:02

The only thing that sucks about this whole thing is no Pyrithion full-length.

I'm sure they can find someone else to do vocals if they wanted to.
18.05.2014 - 00:17
Zadion

I feel really bad for the guy, to be honest. I'm not going to defend him - he deserves every year of this sentence - but I can imagine the unfathomably deep amounts of regret and remorse I would feel if I was in his situation. He had a great life and he utterly destroyed it for seemingly no reason other than "the steroids made me do it." It's quite sad, really.

On another note, Tim looks like a right up badass in that photo.
18.05.2014 - 00:36
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I've fantasized about killing people I hate, but I'm not sure what level of psychosis you have to be in to actually seek out a paid assassin. I'm fascinated and appalled by this dude... his SoCal easy life and Christian roots... roid rage!... it is hard for me to empathize with psychopaths so it is just as easy for me to dismiss them as parasites and not people... so the pain Lambesis will experience now I feel numb to. I can't even rouse myself up for the thought of his buttocks being plundered. Just an empty feeling but at least no one died.
18.05.2014 - 00:40
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.05.2014 at 18:47

What I've learned from this: Tim can rock a man bun.

True. He should shave his head immediately... if he doesn't want someone to yank on it.
18.05.2014 - 01:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 18.05.2014 at 00:40

He should shave his head immediately... if he doesn't want someone to yank on it.

....in the shower
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.05.2014 - 05:59
SublimeDragon

I sure hope he likes anal
18.05.2014 - 20:43
Opethian

What an Idiot. Think about it, your in a pretty successful Metal band (That i don't give 2 shits about) and you end up going to PRISON for this BS? You're a fucking Idiot. Have fun taking it up the ass, because i can assure you there are no 15 year olds that are going to be cheering you on in there
19.05.2014 - 03:39
Lord_Agony

Don't drop your soap
19.05.2014 - 06:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Can't wait to hear his dark ambient efforts.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.05.2014 - 09:48
R Lewis

Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.05.2014 at 06:25

That was mean
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
19.05.2014 - 16:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

You mean dungeon synth? :p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.05.2014 - 20:45
Machiavelli
Account deleted

Maybe he should start listening to Agalloch.
20.05.2014 - 09:57
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Mattybu on 17.05.2014 at 18:22

His real plan was to hire a hitman so he could save his wife and say "Come with me if you want to live."
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
20.05.2014 - 17:47
Mattybu

Written by M C Vice on 20.05.2014 at 09:57

His real plan was to hire a hitman so he could save his wife and say "Come with me if you want to live."

22.05.2014 - 14:07
Stoned Crow

It was Arnold Schwarzenegger getting revenge; possessing his body and going Total Recall, he'll be back.
----
I'm very serious about not being serious.
28.05.2014 - 22:49
Ilham
Giant robot
This is the only thing I could think about while reading this piece of news.

Hits total: 5862 | This month: 9