Metal Storm logo
Fields Of The Nephilim - Confirmed For Roadburn 2015

Roadburn 2015 continues to shape up nicely. Now it was announced that British gothic rock/metal innovators Fields Of The Nephilim will be gracing the stage twice at the 20th edition of the festival. In addition to serving as the Saturday headliner on April 11th, 2015, the band will perform a different set as special guests at Houses Of The Holistic on Friday, the special Roadburn event curated by Ivar Bjørnson (Enslaved) and Wardruna's Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik, which will be held on Friday, April 10th.

Ohio's Electric Citizen and Sweden's Monolord were also confirmed. Enslaved and Wardruna will also perform on the 20th edition of Roadburn Festival that takes place from April 9th to April 12th, 2015 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Fields Of The Nephilim is working on new material, so fans might get a chance to hear that at Roadburn.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Fields Of The Nephilim
Event: Roadburn 2015: 20th Anniversary
Posted: 28.08.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 59 users
28.08.2014 - 23:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Never really listened to them, however, if their sound is predominantly gothic, I don't think this is anything I'll get too excited about
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.08.2014 - 23:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 28.08.2014 at 23:16

Never really listened to them, however, if their sound is predominantly gothic, I don't think this is anything I'll get too excited about

I'm not a great fan of gothic music but Fields of the Nephilim are quite good.
29.08.2014 - 00:34
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 28.08.2014 at 23:22

Mkay, well if they have your thumb up, I'll probably at least give them a peek. Any album in particular?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.08.2014 - 00:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.08.2014 at 00:34

Mkay, well if they have your thumb up, I'll probably at least give them a peek. Any album in particular?

Always been a fan of Elizium, but you could always use a cheat code and go straight for Zoon which is kind of a gothy death / thrash album.
29.08.2014 - 01:08
Darkside Momo
Retired

Well, FOTN are the tits. I enjoyed them quite a lot live (report [ul=http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=808#Fields]here[/url]) apart of the fact that their audience was static as fuck.
As for the albums, JOOE's right. Elizium is considered their best by many, but for metalhead I'd recommend starting by Zoon (a lot of goth metal bands would do well to take lessons from than one) or Mourning Sun (quite varied and exceptional too)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.08.2014 - 02:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Darkside Momo on 29.08.2014 at 01:08

I'd recommend starting by Zoon (a lot of goth metal bands would do well to take lessons from than one) or Mourning Sun (quite varied and exceptional too)

I don't dislike goth metal, I just find a lot of it to be far too whiny and sobby for my tastes. As long as it doesn't sound too boy bandish, I'll probably dig it
----

~ II. VII
29.08.2014 - 02:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.08.2014 at 23:22

100% agree whit this one .... maybe 1th post from you what makes 100% sence(nothing personal, but seems I am pub influenced, since we drink there , and as often I drink alone)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2014 - 02:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Btw according to MS prof its one man band now
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2014 - 02:48
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.08.2014 at 02:04

Written by Darkside Momo on 29.08.2014 at 01:08

I'd recommend starting by Zoon (a lot of goth metal bands would do well to take lessons from than one) or Mourning Sun (quite varied and exceptional too)

I don't dislike goth metal, I just find a lot of it to be far too whiny and sobby for my tastes. As long as it doesn't sound too boy bandish, I'll probably dig it

far, far from it! It has quite a lot of death metal in it It's agressive, heavy, and has some really catchy riffs - plus that dark gothic mood
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.08.2014 - 11:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema

I was gonna recommend Mourning Sun but Momo already did that. It's quite haunting and beautiful. Not sure you will like that, but hey, it's good stuff.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 3682 | This month: 7