Metal Storm logo
Best Fallout game?

Poll

Out of all of the Fallout games released, which is the best?

Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout
Fallout 4
Fallout Tactics
Fallout BoS
Fallout Shelter

Total votes: 22
28.01.2016 - 21:00
winchimes

Out of all the current Fallout games released, which (In your opinion) is the best?

Personally I loved New Vegas and think it is a timeless classic, but what about you guys?
----
Dividing walls of stone,
Eternal heathen Throne,
Beneath the cold starlight.
Revealed for the purest sight.
29.01.2016 - 23:02
IronAngel

Fallout 2 - although that's the only one I have completed, so I may have to change my vote later. The original I found hard to get into, but I might revisit it now that I've played 2. I played 3 a bit when it was released but it didn't really draw me in. In the process of playing of New Vegas now, and I like it so far.

It seems the clumsy gameplay is a staple of the series from the beginning.
30.01.2016 - 01:38
ylside

Whoaahaha don't even get me started.
Fallout 2 - hands down.

Not only is it the main "world" experience, of which all the subsequent games try to simulate more or less - but with the Restoration Project patch... it became the ultimate Fallout experience, no joke. For whoever hasn't played it so far, Restoration patch is the way to go.

Fallout 1 is excellent, Fallout 3 is very nice, New Vegas was good aswell, although it lacked the Rock-it Launcher.
06.06.2016 - 03:18
WayTooManyCDs

I really enjoyed Fallout 2 because of the art style and the overall freedom of how to accomplish tasks, even in the opening tutorial events you're free to try abstract ways of making your way through. I didn't play with the restoration patch though. What does the patch add?
11.06.2016 - 09:34
Overrwatcher

Fallout 3 is actually my favorite of the games due to the broken and desolate atmosphere it had, but New Vegas is a better modern Fallout game and the first two Fallouts are absolute classics that unfortunately sit in my GOG backlog.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
12.07.2016 - 08:59
whatsacow

Out of the modern ones, New Vegas is king. It's better than 3 in almost every way, and definitely better than 4 in everything except combat. It nails moral ambiguity and roleplaying, with characters being almost entirely different depending on who you are. For instance, one of the more boring characters becomes super interesting if you play a gay character - to the point that it actually gives you a far grander view of the political views of the three major factions.

Fallout 3 and 4 have really good world design though, as in exploring the landscape is almost as fulfilling as what you find in them. Bethesda just aren't super great at writing unfortunately.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
12.09.2016 - 22:32
Cass

Of course the best Fallout is Fallout 2 with Restoration Project mod. Perfect in any way, I need to check other mods, but when? work, family, children...
05.10.2017 - 22:49
Nyarlatothep

Fallout. Im so in love with the entire franchise.
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
06.01.2018 - 11:29
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by whatsacow on 12.07.2016 at 08:59

Out of the modern ones, New Vegas is king. It's better than 3 in almost every way, and definitely better than 4 in everything except combat. It nails moral ambiguity and roleplaying, with characters being almost entirely different depending on who you are. For instance, one of the more boring characters becomes super interesting if you play a gay character - to the point that it actually gives you a far grander view of the political views of the three major factions.

Fallout 3 and 4 have really good world design though, as in exploring the landscape is almost as fulfilling as what you find in them. Bethesda just aren't super great at writing unfortunately.

Damn, you stole my thoughts.

New Vegas is a rough diamond in the bag of rocks that are the "modern" Fallout games. Bethesda are great at creating worlds but usually fails to fill them with believable and/or interesting characters and quests.
For the earlier games I choose Fallout 2.

Also anyone who's a fan of the old Fallouts ought to try the Wasteland 2 remake by inXile (most of them worked on Fo1 and 2).
07.01.2018 - 01:12
IronAngel

Anyone played Fallout 1.5: Resurrection? It's a FO2 mod that's a complete fan-made story set between the first two games in another area. I haven't tried it yet but many have said it's a good fix of Fallout goodness.
07.02.2018 - 20:27
ylside

Written by IronAngel on 07.01.2018 at 01:12

Anyone played Fallout 1.5: Resurrection? It's a FO2 mod that's a complete fan-made story set between the first two games in another area. I haven't tried it yet but many have said it's a good fix of Fallout goodness.

I.. actually opened this thread to ask the same question.

Might try it but later.
07.02.2018 - 21:45
Darkside Momo
Retired
Voted Fallout 2, even if I didn't play 3 and onwards.
BTW, unless I'm sorely mistaken Tactics and Brotherhood Of Steel are the same game. Liked it, yet very linear.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.03.2023 - 20:39
Joppe
Steelemeister
Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > New Vegas > Fallout 3... I will leave the rest of them out of this because I only tried Brotherhood of steel and Fallout 4 briefly, and what was the unreleased Fallout: Yesterday.

Special mention goes to Wasteland 2 & 3, and ATOM RPG & Trudograd, these were good games in similar style.
----
My vision is augmented
19.03.2023 - 19:08
samive

Fallout 2, I've played the best RPG ever and I don't think it will ever be equaled.
19.03.2023 - 19:19
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
I haven't played number one, but for me number 3 remains my favorite, there's something about the eerie atmospheric setting off the capital wasteland that gets me. New Vegas is a close second, then number 2, followed by number 4, all of which are outstanding games.