11. Aeon's Embrace
12. Bonus Track

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 342 users
20.09.2016 - 16:23
N0RBERT

Emanuelle is a great singer, the new songs are fabulous, and ignored metal growl. Maybe Sirenia is back on the top of my favourite list!
02.11.2016 - 13:30
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
For me this is a very basic Sirenia album. Emmanuelle is a great singer though, fits perfectly to the band, but overall the album has too many fillers. It's still very catchy though and offers some outstanding moments, but there could be more.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
11.11.2016 - 15:51
Rating: 6
xerval

Although her sound is really powerful, it is just not attractive (IDK how to describe that). I also think the previous couple of albums were more powerful/melodic than this one. I was not very moved by it, but still is a good album! Love the French parts haha
The production is as usual not very impressive, I really wish they work on that in their next albums!
11.11.2016 - 18:04
HyperDrifter

This album was released way too soon and it shows, just over a year since the previous effort.

7th life path had a much more creative sound, best album they've had in a long time and sounded more like old school Sirenia.

Dim Days on the other hand sounds very generic, and I'd say rushed. I wished Morten waited longer, to create another Sirenia album, it seems he was hasty to get a new album out now Ailyn is gone...

Disappointing as I wanted to see their upcoming live show in London on the previous album cycle.
14.11.2016 - 11:26
Rating: 8
PocketMetal

The new vocalist does a great job but sadly the songwriting is just too safe, still an acceptable album from Sirenia. Fifth Column is my favorite of the bunch. I keep my hopes high for the next album.
23.01.2018 - 15:41
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Very average album, with a very average singer. There is a good reason why she was only doing backing vocals or choirs. Not frontwoman material. And I ain't an Ailyn fanatic, although she improved tremendously on the last 2 albums.
25.10.2019 - 11:30
HyperDrifter

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 23.01.2018 at 15:41

Very average album, with a very average singer. There is a good reason why she was only doing backing vocals or choirs. Not frontwoman material. And I ain't an Ailyn fanatic, although she improved tremendously on the last 2 albums.

Emmanuelle is actually a great singer, just check out her performance on the Trail of Tears album Existentia.

Hits total: 7365 | This month: 18