Metal Storm logo
Thrash Recommendations

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.04.2007 - 06:14
Ok, I searched and I dont think I could find a topi to recommend/discuss thrash. Why Im posting this thread is because I must admit that there are very few thrash bands out there that dont bore me, these few would be bands like Megadeth, Sodom, and Kreator. I really enjoy Hybrid thrash though (thrash mixed with another genre) I.E. Keep Of Kalessin, black metal but highly thrash-like aswell. So particularly I would like to hear some recommendations on hybrid thrash, but feel free to recommend straight-up thrash aswell just to keep the topic open.

BTW- Please try and make the recommendations useful, dont recommend bands that Ive likely already heard, like Slayer or Metalica.
08.10.2013 - 22:55
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by UPDIRNS on 01.10.2013 at 03:09

I just stumbled upon a little known thrash band called Deathfall they are from the Netherlands and used to be called Rimmshot. They started as more of a hardcore band, but have morphed into a thrash/deathcore at times band. Their album Reborn is really awesome. Check them out!

They are crossover then? Ill check that out soon thx.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.11.2013 - 02:20
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Latest Nocturnal Graves CD is badass. Recommended.
18.04.2015 - 04:45
Guib
Thrash Talker
Alright it's time someone revives this one up...
So here's some new releases that deserve a listen for 2015 so far.

1. Frosthelm - The Endless Winter
2. Breathless - Return To Pangea
3. Dr. Living Dead! - Crush The Sublime Gods

Enjoy!
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.04.2015 - 07:52
Totenlieder
Written by Guib on 18.04.2015 at 04:45

Alright it's time someone revives this one up...
So here's some new releases that deserve a listen for 2015 so far.

1. Frosthelm - The Endless Winter
2. Breathless - Return To Pangea
3. Dr. Living Dead! - Crush The Sublime Gods

Enjoy!

There's an all female Russian crossover band called Pincher.
They released their debut in 2013. Pretty rad yo.

http://pincher666.bandcamp.com/
----
Blut & Krieg
07.07.2015 - 11:17
Joppe
Steelemeister
Here's an interesting thrash/prog album: Destination Unknown by Arcane (US). Not sure if it's been mentioned here already, if so I'll second that recommendation. AFAIK not the most known album out there, yet it's on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3ce-Ogb14&list=PLF82CBD2E7335B238 including the Ambiguity EP.
----
My vision is augmented
11.07.2015 - 04:13
Bonii
Hey man! you should check this band out. its from Indonesia and they are pretty good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hU8BkV_hqm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
11.07.2015 - 04:14
Bonii
Https://youtu.be/hU8BkV_hqm8
11.07.2015 - 04:17
Bonii
19.07.2015 - 21:30
Lord_Regnier
Witchburner. If you like Teutonic Thrash.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.08.2015 - 04:16
Guib
Thrash Talker
Running Death - Overdrive
Bandcamp

For best Thrash of 2015... seriously.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.10.2015 - 18:28
Sang Dalang Abu
Blind Illusion so under-rated even their release have fuckin awesome kicking Thrash albumzz.

Don't listen to all their release. Becuase 2nd album totally shit.

Here you go. The best album from San Francisco - "Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum"
01.10.2015 - 19:27
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 06.08.2015 at 04:16

Running Death - Overdrive
Bandcamp

For best Thrash of 2015... seriously.

Superb recommendation for all those who missed out this terrific thrash release.

Streaming on YouTube as well(if tracks doesn't play on bandcamp, which happens with me).

Great record.
12.10.2015 - 06:25
I wanna recommend to you guy, a brazilian thrash metal band. It's called Tribuh. This guys released a instrumental thrash single. It's sounds good.

Listen the single in this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UroJedTl0ps
05.11.2015 - 12:27
Sang Dalang Abu
Kreator - Extreme Aggression

Recommended for thrash fans. Be sure to listen this album after listen to Slayer.
05.11.2015 - 22:58
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 05.11.2015 at 12:27

Recommended for thrash fans. Be sure to listen this album after listen to Slayer.

I wouldn't suggest that because Slayer's first albums are soo great that it's probably that the listener will found Kreator average after hearing Slayer's greatness.

At least that is what would have happened to me.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
09.11.2015 - 19:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Warning Sign - Waking The Dead[EP]

Bandcamp

Bonkers.

It's just an ep but surprises me elements thrown in. Great fucking thrash release.
10.11.2015 - 14:09
Sang Dalang Abu
How about Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack ?

recommended.
23.02.2016 - 20:43
SgtD
Here are a couple of Norwegian thrash recommendations...

Equinox: Legendary thrash Norwegian thrash from the eighties. Never got the recognition they deserved.
Auf Wiedersehen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Bu-1V6B-0

Godless Agenda: New Death / Thrash band from Oslo. Check out their brutal video below.
Kill the Cockroaches video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGDSSG1VDY
Bandcamp: https://godlessagenda.bandcamp.com/
08.03.2016 - 02:06
Megadeth
dead on
exodus
pro pain
metallica old
testament
09.03.2016 - 06:19
FOOCK Nam
Check out Carnal Forge. They are the most underrated extreme band. Very violent and element of thrash in their music.
14.03.2016 - 18:29
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ripper - Experiment Of Existence
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.04.2016 - 00:21
Lord_Regnier
What I wish to bring today is not a recommendation but an information.

In case some people are interested, Morbid Saint's "Spectrum Of Death" has been re-released recently in a 2CD Digipack remastered limited edition.
It includes the entire "Spectrum Of Death" album from 1990, "The Black Tape - Demo 1992" (4 songs from the "Destruction System" album that was not released at the time), "Destruction System" (I will mention more details later) and "Recordings 2010-2011" (4 songs taken from the "Thrashaholic" compilation released in 2012, which are in fact old songs never recorded before but played live).

It is a remastered version but don't worry, it is not remastered in the way of overpolished. In fact the difference is very small. I believe "Spectrum Of Death" sounds a tiny bit better but I'm not even sure.
However, "Destruction System" sounded definitely better to me than the Keltic Records version from 2005 I already had . It is still basically a demo, so don't expect stellar production. It sounds exactly as it is: a good demo, no more no less. Still, I think it sounds better than lots of other demos I heard and even a few albums.
The track list is a bit different than on the Keltic version. It is the same track list as the LP version released in 2015.

If you go on Encyclopedia Metallum, check the album and click on the link for eBay, you will see that the album is easily available now and at a good price. Just be careful to be sure you order the right version.
This new version from 2016 is available only on CD, no vinyl. And of course I don't know how long it will be available but it is listed as a "Limited Edition".

I thought a few people might be interested. I'm happy if it can help. This album has been almost impossible to find for a long time and when it was prices were usually insane.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
27.10.2019 - 19:08
Guib
Thrash Talker

I love it.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.10.2019 - 01:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Here's some other rec for 2019

1. Phantom Witch / Death As We Know It / USA
2. Oxygen Destroyer / Bestial Manifestations Of Malevolence And Death / USA
3. Bloodmores / The Seeds Of Seasons / UK
4. Critical Defiance / Misconception / Chile
5. Inculter / Fatal Visions / Norway

----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.09.2022 - 09:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Message from Lithuanian therasher Phrenetix

Estonia and Riga! We're coming for you this Friday in Tallinn and Saturday in Riga! Been a long time since we visited our Baltic neighbours - see you thrashers there! \m/
Tallinn, Estonia - Barbar September 23rd
Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1687172481661763
Riga, Latvia - Republika September 24th
Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1896310087231290

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=767413344688683&set=a.483826743047346
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.11.2022 - 21:37
Megamike
Written by Lord_Regnier on 10.04.2016 at 00:21

What I wish to bring today is not a recommendation but an information.

In case some people are interested, Morbid Saint's "Spectrum Of Death" has been re-released recently in a 2CD Digipack remastered limited edition.
It includes the entire "Spectrum Of Death" album from 1990, "The Black Tape - Demo 1992" (4 songs from the "Destruction System" album that was not released at the time), "Destruction System" (I will mention more details later) and "Recordings 2010-2011" (4 songs taken from the "Thrashaholic" compilation released in 2012, which are in fact old songs never recorded before but played live).

It is a remastered version but don't worry, it is not remastered in the way of overpolished. In fact the difference is very small. I believe "Spectrum Of Death" sounds a tiny bit better but I'm not even sure.
However, "Destruction System" sounded definitely better to me than the Keltic Records version from 2005 I already had . It is still basically a demo, so don't expect stellar production. It sounds exactly as it is: a good demo, no more no less. Still, I think it sounds better than lots of other demos I heard and even a few albums.
The track list is a bit different than on the Keltic version. It is the same track list as the LP version released in 2015.

If you go on Encyclopedia Metallum, check the album and click on the link for eBay, you will see that the album is easily available now and at a good price. Just be careful to be sure you order the right version.
This new version from 2016 is available only on CD, no vinyl. And of course I don't know how long it will be available but it is listed as a "Limited Edition".

I thought a few people might be interested. I'm happy if it can help. This album has been almost impossible to find for a long time and when it was prices were usually insane.

Yes! I have this on the same 2CD format and its great! Found it for a great price well worth it for this much content from Morbid Saint!
----
http://www.braingell.com Tune in "Live" every Saturday night 9pm-12am (EST) The best in Thrash , Death and Speed Metal!
13.12.2022 - 15:47
gonzo1986
Anyone have any suggestions, what Albums are similar to The Gathering from Testament? I Like Sodom, Exodus, Slayer, Warbringer and so on.

Oh hey, try out the German Band TRAITOR. They do pretty good Thrash...
04.03.2023 - 21:20
Megamike
Hey Gonzo, try these 2 bands, First is a band called Dead Sentry, they are from Canada and sound exactly like Exodus. Also try a band from Greece called "Released Anger" they are exactly like Kreator!
Hope this helps.
----
http://www.braingell.com Tune in "Live" every Saturday night 9pm-12am (EST) The best in Thrash , Death and Speed Metal!
21.07.2023 - 02:39
Guib
Thrash Talker
It has been a while, but hey!! I'll get back on my thrash game but meanwhile here's 2.

1. Foreseen - Untamed Force (Crossover 2022)
2. Thanatos - Violent Death Rituals (Death-Thrash 2020)

Enjoy
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.07.2023 - 11:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 21.07.2023 at 02:39

It has been a while, but hey!! I'll get back on my thrash game but meanwhile here's 2.

1. Foreseen - Untamed Force (Crossover 2022)
2. Thanatos - Violent Death Rituals (Death-Thrash 2020)

Enjoy

My thrash broker is back.

Noted.