Metal Storm logo
Jack Starr's Burning Starr - No Turning Back!

7.3 | 14 votes |
Release date: 1986
Style: Heavy metal, US power metal

Owners:

10 have it
3 want it

01. No Turning Back
02. Light In The Dark
03. Fire & Rain
04. Call Of The Wild
05. Road Warrior
06. Prelude In C Minor
07. Evil Never Sleeps
08. Path Of Destruction
09. M-1
10. Avenging Angel
11. Run For Your Life
12. Coda
13. Burning Starr ['97 remix version][1998 Sentinel Steel reissue bonus]
14. Metal Generation ['97 remix version][1998 Sentinel Steel reissue bonus]

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 20 users
13.05.2022 - 14:11
Rating: 7
majormalfunction

Now this is more like it. For those who wanted to hear Jack Starr play something close to Virgin Steele after he left they got it here, and by something close I mean very close. This is a good record, though maybe a bit spotty at places. There's three nonsignificant instrumentals shorts and Fire & Rain is a cover by James Taylor. The rest is enjoyable and at times great USPM. The best song by far is Light in the Dark, it's a quite menacing song with a cool main riff with some atmospheric keyboards on top (played by David Defeis). Evil Never Sleeps and the title track are also true classics.

4 (or 5?) of the songs here were previously released on the Phantom Lord record Evil Never Sleeps.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
07.08.2022 - 12:02
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Good indeed. Originally I was a little worried that this would be one of those superego inflated *cough* Yngwie Malmsteen *cough* guitar shredding trips, but obviously when you hear this album, it's solidly mainly focused on balanced songwriting, and it's not overladen with guitar solos and leads. Better than earliest Virgin Steeles IMO.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2947 | This month: 8