Metal Storm logo
Fallujah - Drummer Andrew Baird Decided To Step Down

Californians Fallujah shared news that their long-time drummer, Andrew Baird, has decided to step down from the band to focus on his personal life and family. Andrew has been part of the band since 2007.

Statement from the band as follows: "Today, we regret to inform you all that our brother Andrew has decided to step down from the band in order to focus on his personal life and family. There is no bad blood and we support him in this decision. Andrew has been in Fallujah since 2007 and has put in immeasurable amounts of hard work and sacrifice to help get us to where we are today. Despite having some massive shoes to fill, Fallujah will carry on with new material and tours as planned. Thank you all for understanding and sticking with us."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fallujah
Posted: 23.03.2023 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 22 users
23.03.2023 - 23:08
Opethian
Regarding Andrew's departure from Fallujah.
Though I am sad that my musical partner of 15 years is stepping away, I support my brother in any decision he makes to improve his life. I've never felt more musically connected to anyone in my life, so naturally, this has been difficult. Andrew will always have a place in this project we built together, and I'll hold out hope that we will create music together again. That being said, I'd love to address my endless inbox of messages asking what will happen next and I'll say this...There is a reason why by the time I was 30 I had already written and recorded 5 full-length albums and 2 eps. The same reason why after 20 years of playing music I still pick up my guitar every day and continue the work. I live through music and it lives through me. It goes beyond love and passion. If I'm breathing, I am creating. For many or for nobody, it's what I do.
Big love to everyone who has stuck with us through this journey. I'm knee-deep in new material that the team and I can't wait to show you. Come to my twitch tonight if you want to talk. 🖤 Scott Carstairs
25.03.2023 - 23:08
Uxküll
Damn big loss, saw them live with Psycroptic last year, put on a hell of a show and the drumming was impressive.
----
"Nullum unquam exstitit magnum igenium sine aliqua dementia [there was never great genius without some madness]."

Best of Metal A-Z: http://metalstorm.net/users/lists.php?user_id=158339
29.03.2023 - 23:14
FUCK...

Hits total: 1429 | This month: 9