Metal Storm logo
Discuss the worst movie you have seen

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 04.06.2006 - 15:34
So, what is it? I just saw a horrible one last noght, I almost throw up, it was that bad. The actress in the lead role was ugly as hell, and the whole thing was like a big puddle of mud. BTW the title was Call Girl
23.06.2014 - 06:10
-Quatropus-
I'm trying to think because I don't normally get to watch movies a lot. I would probably say the only one I felt really disappointed about was The Hills Have Eyes remake. I left in the middle of it due to not actually caring enough and actually got around to watching the original just to enjoy that more than the mess I saw in theater.
25.06.2014 - 04:50
JayMo4
There was this movie that came out in the late 90's called Supernova. It's the one that didn't have the guy from 90210 (apparently there are two crappy movies called Supernova, but I didn't see that other one.) Anyway, this was full of all the worst sci-fi cliches with absolutely none of its positive ones - the only thing that could have made it worse would be Jar Jar Binks. I don't remember a whole lot except that the two guys that I went to see it with - both HUGE fans of the genre - hated it so much that we would have left early if not for that whole "it's like a car accident and you can't look away" appeal. At some point I believe one or more members of the crew were somehow ejected into space and asphyxiated and my friend said he wished it had been us.
08.09.2014 - 05:13
Kennoth
I've had my fair share of bad movies. Most of them get erased from my memory rather quickly... but some... are here to stay.

Let's start with this turd. A cheesy musical? Checked. A John Travolta playing an obese wife to Christopher Walken? Double checked. Actually that doesn't sound really bad when I put it like this. But it is, so save your braincells and don't watch this. 2.5/10

Next on my honorable list of steamy visual crapfest is Red State. Seriously, this is so bad that it actually offends common sense. There are not many movies which I don't finish watching, but this is one of them. 2/10

Then we have Primer, a little pretentious engine that couldn't. To be fair, this movie isn't so much as bad as the masterpieces above, but my main issue with it is that this movie (or should I say its director/writer/main actor) doesn't care about its audience at all. Nope. Not a single fuck given. There's pseudo-scientific babble and time travel, and you spend the entire movie wondering what the fuck is going on. Thanks, but no thanks. 3/10

Suicide Club. To say that Japanese horror cinema is eccentric is an understatement. The movie starts very interestingly: a crapload of school girls off themselves by jumping in front of a moving subway train. Peaks your interest right? Unfortunately if you ever intend to find out what causes it, well tough luck, you're not going to. The only thing you WILL get is a some sort of main antagonist who really belongs in Adam Lambert's newest album cover with his bleached hair, and feminine physique and his manliner. But I know what you're thinking: surely we find out his motives behind Japan's mass suicide frenzy? Yeah. No, you don't. Just don't watch this. 2/10
----
*insert something deep and profound*
08.09.2014 - 11:09
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I can't remember its name, but there was this maniac man who once was a soldier and he was maniacally into women, he could not resist sex at all, and he ended up on a ship which was owned a by an old man who was researching and writing books about how people's past can be relived again through a special psychological process like hypnotizing the person and he started to conduct his experiments on this manic one ! Fuck it, it was such horrible movie, just horrible !
----
The Fangirl.
08.09.2014 - 23:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by angel. on 08.09.2014 at 11:09
I can't remember its name, but there was this maniac man who once was a soldier and he was maniacally into women, he could not resist sex at all, and he ended up on a ship which was owned a by an old man who was researching and writing books about how people's past can be relived again through a special psychological process like hypnotizing the person and he started to conduct his experiments on this manic one ! Fuck it, it was such horrible movie, just horrible !

This actually sounds like a good movie, too bad you forgot the name. Might search for it later.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.09.2014 - 01:15
Urs Blank
Written by angel. on 08.09.2014 at 11:09

Wouldn't it be The Master by Paul Thomas Anderson that you're talking about? A pretty good movie if you ask me.

And to add my two cents to the topic, I recently watched Krrish 3 aka Defender, a Bollywood superhero movie that sucks major ass. So much that it's quite enjoyable actually.
09.09.2014 - 10:12
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Urs Blank on 09.09.2014 at 01:15

Wouldn't it be The Master by Paul Thomas Anderson that you're talking about? A pretty good movie if you ask me.

Ah yes exactly, that it is, but I didn't enjoy it at all, I watched with a friend who studied film, he also had the same opinion that it wasn't a good movie, only the actors and the acts totally were fine in his opinion otherwise there was nothing special about it he also thought.

I wish I could watch it with you then maybe you could explain it scene by scene to me, because I didn't get its point.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.09.2014 at 23:41

This actually sounds like a good movie, too bad you forgot the name. Might search for it later.

As the guy above said it was The Master.
----
The Fangirl.
09.09.2014 - 12:34
Urs Blank
Written by angel. on 09.09.2014 at 10:12

I wish I could watch it with you then maybe you could explain it scene by scene to me, because I didn't get its point.

I would not be able to "explain" it to you scene by scene, it's more a matter of impression I guess. I must admit the movie isn't going anywhere, as you don't have any form of explanation nor proper ending. The fact is the story is based on the rise of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology (respectively referred to as Lancaster Dodd and "The Cause" in the movie), and that alone makes it interesting to me. There is someone in my family who was in that "Church" for a while and had major troubles getting out of it, so I was curious about how it's founder was depicted. Plus as you said the acting is top notch
09.09.2014 - 13:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Urs Blank on 09.09.2014 at 12:34

I would not be able to "explain" it to you scene by scene, it's more a matter of impression I guess. I must admit the movie isn't going anywhere, as you don't have any form of explanation nor proper ending. The fact is the story is based on the rise of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology (respectively referred to as Lancaster Dodd and "The Cause" in the movie), and that alone makes it interesting to me. There is someone in my family who was in that "Church" for a while and had major troubles getting out of it, so I was curious about how it's founder was depicted. Plus as you said the acting is top notch

Oh I see I got you now, I didn't know there was an actual background for this story.
----
The Fangirl.
01.11.2017 - 23:19
VIG
Account deleted
Old thread, but I have to post here.

1) The Cable Guy
2) Jack And Jill
3) Barbarella
4) Basic Instinct

Some of these movies I couldn't even get through they were so bad
06.01.2018 - 12:17
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Transcendence is the only movie I've walked out on from a cinema. Surely there are worse but this was so bad I couldn't bear sitting there for an hour more.
02.10.2019 - 19:11
Metren
Dreadrealm
Pretty much anything with Adam Sandler in it, really... RLM's Mike and Jay had a great and very believable hypothesis about Jack and Jill and other Sandler movies. They actually suggested that the films only exist as an embezzlement scheme for Sandler and his friends. I forget the details, but their theory made sense to me.

As far as films that are so bad they make me angry, I'd have to say Minority Report is one of the worst films I've ever seen and it deserves to be hated precisely because it actually was praised to the high heavens by otherwise good film critics (Ebert, Phillips) when it came out.

I don't really know where to begin with that film... the premise is nonsense; the holes have very little plot around them, the action scenes are silly beyond even my wildest imagination. It's just a shit film in almost every way.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.08.2021 - 22:58
no one
Rocket Man

I hate Elton John's music and I hate musicals. This wasn't entirely a musical but I still somehow managed to sit through the whole thing anyway, and it wasn't too bad I guess. Typical rockstar story really, though somehow still interesting.
----
Unable to connect to the database
22.08.2021 - 23:19
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Speaking of musicals, Mama Mia has to be the worst film I've ever had the displeasure of watching, for a start I hate ABBA with passion!
25.08.2021 - 09:45
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Metren on 02.10.2019 at 19:11

Pretty much anything with Adam Sandler in it, really...

Says man who never saw Uncut Gems, The Meyerowitz Stories, and Punch Drunk Love.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
25.08.2021 - 17:00
Zap
Written by RaduP on 25.08.2021 at 09:45

Written by Metren on 02.10.2019 at 19:11

Pretty much anything with Adam Sandler in it, really...

Says man who never saw Uncut Gems, The Meyerowitz Stories, and Punch Drunk Love.

I liked/loved those three films but it's kind of pathetic that from a career spanning 82 (according to imdb) films/shorts, one only ever sees those three titles get mentioned as being not intolerably shite.
25.08.2021 - 17:51
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Zap on 25.08.2021 at 17:00

it's kind of pathetic that from a career spanning 82 (according to imdb) films/shorts, one only ever sees those three titles get mentioned as being not intolerably shite.

Not gonna argue with that. The only other Sandler films I liked, I blame on having had less than 14 years of age when I saw them.
----
25.08.2021 - 17:56
Zap
Written by RaduP on 25.08.2021 at 17:51

Not gonna argue with that. The only other Sandler films I liked, I blame on having had less than 14 years of age when I saw them.

I'm guessing Click?
25.08.2021 - 18:18
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Zap on 25.08.2021 at 17:56

Written by RaduP on 25.08.2021 at 17:51

I'm guessing Click?

That too. But think worse.

At least Click had this scene, which is significantly better than that one other emotional scene from the film:

----
27.08.2021 - 12:24
Zap
Written by RaduP on 25.08.2021 at 18:18

That too. But think worse.

Grown Ups? I don't know Sandler's work that well to be honest and also not sure on your age, haha.

Yeah, I could see that scene working pretty well depending on context.
28.08.2021 - 14:27
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by RaduP on 25.08.2021 at 09:45

Without a time machine, it would've been difficult for me to see Uncut Gems before I posted that comment You got me on Meyerowitz Stories and Punch Drunk Love though

That said, I can accept everyone and their grandmother defending Adam Sandler to death, so long as nobody is nuts enough to defend Minority Report. I still hate that film with a passion. Relative to its budget, it is still the worst film I've ever seen.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.08.2021 - 14:46
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Zap on 27.08.2021 at 12:24

Grown Ups?

"Watching Grown Ups is like eating rat poison, it really is a good idea." - Jay Bauman
----
02.09.2021 - 12:11
Zap
Written by Metren on 28.08.2021 at 14:46

"Watching Grown Ups is like eating rat poison, it really is a good idea." - Jay Bauman

That's right, Jay!