Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
05.12.2013 - 08:58
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 22:08

Written by Author on 04.12.2013 at 20:39

If you can't listen to them, that does not make them bad, if you say you are "bored" by that music, it's ok, you calling it boring, it's not.

ask marcel or other metalheads many will say DP new album sucks even Megadeth Super Coilider are better then DP

you are clearly clueless
why compare DP and Megadeth?
Why compare Ian Gillan to Bruce Dickinson?
Why did you bring DP into the discussion?
Why do you always say later day DP is boring and yet you never explain why you think that?

Why do I need to ask Marcel and other metalheads about DP's new album? We all have different tastes, if they don't like it, does it it mean I should not like it either? Wtf?!
05.12.2013 - 12:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 05.12.2013 at 08:58

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 22:08

Written by Author on 04.12.2013 at 20:39

If you can't listen to them, that does not make them bad, if you say you are "bored" by that music, it's ok, you calling it boring, it's not.

ask marcel or other metalheads many will say DP new album sucks even Megadeth Super Coilider are better then DP

you are clearly clueless
why compare DP and Megadeth?
Why compare Ian Gillan to Bruce Dickinson?
Why did you bring DP into the discussion?
Why do you always say later day DP is boring and yet you never explain why you think that?

Why do I need to ask Marcel and other metalheads about DP's new album? We all have different tastes, if they don't like it, does it it mean I should not like it either? Wtf?!

Btw read my post above yours directed at K7/Bad English. He DOES NOT speak for me at all. Even though he does think so, apparently
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.12.2013 - 12:23
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Btw read my post above yours directed at K7/Bad English. He DOES NOT speak for me at all. Even though he does think so, apparently

I read it and I know he does not speak for you, it's ridiculous what he's just done.
05.12.2013 - 12:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 05.12.2013 at 12:23

I read it and I know he does not speak for you, it's ridiculous what he's just done.

btw I corrected a mistake in my post, it should have said Iron Maiden and not Marillion Even though I do find new Deep Purple better than new Marillion
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.12.2013 - 12:30
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

btw I corrected a mistake in my post, it should have said Iron Maiden and not Marillion Even though I do find new Deep Purple better than new Marillion

btw, DP and Marillion toured together 2 or 3 years ago

so now, back on topic
05.12.2013 - 18:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just compare old 80's bands what were good ast those days and sucks nowadays , DP sucks whole 90's IM even last 3 after Bruce come back were weeker then 80's but you cant compare TFF whit any of IM albums and same goes to DP , non can be as good as so called classic albums, even Megadeth Super Colider are better then IM and DP last ,
Marillion is OK as prog rock more rock then metal, but what I try to say is if Bruce would be as teenager drink beer, sit at some garadge whit band and simply jam im music would come, he would write lyrics, but he has no time anymore, he is more bussy whit buisness then/than music , so ......

also I remeber Marcel criticaly judged new IM album same he said something about Super Colider and besides there are many metalheads who will agree whit my opiniom about DP , IM last albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2013 - 22:17
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.12.2013 at 18:37

I just compare old 80's bands what were good ast those days and sucks nowadays , DP sucks whole 90's IM even last 3 after Bruce come back were weeker then 80's but you cant compare TFF whit any of IM albums and same goes to DP , non can be as good as so called classic albums, even Megadeth Super Colider are better then IM and DP last ,
Marillion is OK as prog rock more rock then metal, but what I try to say is if Bruce would be as teenager drink beer, sit at some garadge whit band and simply jam im music would come, he would write lyrics, but he has no time anymore, he is more bussy whit buisness then/than music , so ......

also I remeber Marcel criticaly judged new IM album same he said something about Super Colider and besides there are many metalheads who will agree whit my opiniom about DP , IM last albums

you compare 80s band but DP is not an 80s band, it's a 70s band, at least those were their glory days. So, wrong again.
In the 90s, both The Battle Rages On and Purpendicular (especially) were great come back albums, everyone appreciated them back in the day.
I find what you say about Megadeth and their last album simply ridiculous; besides that, comparing Magadeth with DP and IM is silly and wrong, their music is quite different, pointless comparison.
There is nothing metal in Marillion's music, why bring them into discussion here, again pointless.
I don't care that metalheads agree with you on whatever, it's irrelevant, I just listen to music I like even if others dislike it. But what others think it's so important to you apparently.
09.01.2014 - 08:05
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by Jaeryd on 20.01.2013 at 01:45

I like Iron Maiden, but I've been dying to ask this question:

Am I the ONLY one who can hear how horribly off-key Bruce Dickinson is in this song?

I notice it too, I still really like it for what it is, however after seeing them play it live two years ago, I think I prefer what I heard then.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.01.2014 - 18:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 17:25

Written by Author on 04.12.2013 at 16:54

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 16:47

Written by Warman on 04.12.2013 at 13:25

.... soon band can sound like Deep Purple or ian Gilla does

DP last albums are better than IM's, so wrong example if you ask me.

DP is borng old people , DP music since 80's is boring, I cant listen album at all

Okay staff, sorry for the triple quoting or whatever. But what the hell is this? Marcel being mad at K7 above for putting words in his mouth. Here someone (K7?) has even made up a quote from me, which I've never written.

EDIT: What the hell? Now I'm making up K7 quotes.
----
09.01.2014 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 09.01.2014 at 18:40

Okay staff, sorry for the triple quoting or whatever. But what the hell is this? Marcel being mad at K7 above for putting words in his mouth. Here someone (K7?) has even made up a quote from me, which I've never written.

example, whitch one i cant remeber
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2014 - 22:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2014 at 19:12

If you look at the post above you have quoted Warman, me, saying ".... soon band can sound like Deep Purple or ian Gilla does".
----
09.01.2014 - 22:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 09.01.2014 at 22:21

Written by Bad English on 09.01.2014 at 19:12

If you look at the post above you have quoted Warman, me, saying ".... soon band can sound like Deep Purple or ian Gilla does".

its some error, I dont remeber what I tr y to quote, I delete mulitple posts IMO, make some error
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2014 - 22:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2014 at 22:23

its some error, I dont remeber what I tr y to quote, I delete mulitple posts IMO, make some error

Apparently.
----
09.01.2014 - 23:04
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by CobiWan1993 on 09.01.2014 at 08:05

I notice it too, I still really like it for what it is, however after seeing them play it live two years ago, I think I prefer what I heard then.

Like I said, I also like Iron Maiden. I definitely appreciate his vocal style for what it is, and Iron Maiden (though also great with Paul Di'Anno) wasn't the same for the few albums when Bruce Dickinson was absent from the group.
----
21.03.2014 - 19:14
andyschultz
Does anyone know when Maiden is planing on back to the US
31.03.2014 - 08:54
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by deadone on 31.03.2014 at 03:00

I don't think it was entirely Blaze Bailey's fault though.

The song wiriting on those albums is extremely repetitive and the guitar sound was completely gutted.

A full-on miss-fire
31.03.2014 - 13:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
I actually love both the Blaze albums.
----
02.04.2014 - 17:18
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Virtual XI is Maiden's worst album, but The X Factor is very good.
02.04.2014 - 17:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azarath on 02.04.2014 at 17:18

Virtual XI is Maiden's worst album, but The X Factor is very good.

Killers are wortsh then comes last one
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2014 - 11:30
Silent Jay
Written by deadone on 31.03.2014 at 03:00

Written by Jaeryd on 09.01.2014 at 23:04

Iron Maiden wasn't the same for the few albums when Bruce Dickinson was absent from the group.

I don't think it was entirely Blaze Bailey's fault though.

The song wiriting on those albums is extremely repetitive and the guitar sound was completely gutted.
This. I don't think it was Blaze's fault at all, really. He was a good front man with a good voice but it was clear he didn't fit Maiden. What really let ' The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI' down was, as you say, the song writing and general sound especially the guitars. This would be on Steve Harris and Nigel Green for the most part but the bands quality had been going that way for a while... 'No Prayer for the Dying' and 'Fear of the Dark' were not exactly the best of Maiden albums themselves afterall . Blaze IMO contributed to some of the best songs from that period and his post-Maiden albums during the following decade, such as Silicon Messiah, are hugely underrated.

and even to this day I still can't get over how horribly muttered the first verse of 'The Clansman' is. How the hell did that get past quality control!
03.04.2014 - 14:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 02.04.2014 at 17:32

Really? That's their best album according to me. With the exception of "Drifter", there's quality songs and a bunch of the most underestimated metal songs ever.
----
03.04.2014 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 03.04.2014 at 14:33

Really? That's their best album according to me. With the exception of "Drifter", there's quality songs and a bunch of the most underestimated metal songs ever.

Whit Paul IM is best ...
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2014 - 15:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 14:54

Written by Warman on 03.04.2014 at 14:33

Whit Paul IM is best ...

Then why did you say Killers is Iron Maiden's worst album?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.04.2014 - 15:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.04.2014 at 15:06

Then why did you say Killers is Iron Maiden's worst album?

I mean ''Iron maiden'' 1th one whit Paul is best , as him whit vocalist and its also oneof their best albums
Killers are weeker as both Blaze albums but better as last one, what is horible
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2014 - 16:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 03.04.2014 at 15:52

Killers are weeker as both Blaze albums but better as last one, what is horible

NO, you said Killers is worse than the last one. Jeez, you can't even remember what you wrote yourself a couple of hours ago.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.04.2014 - 16:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.04.2014 at 16:03

NO, you said Killers is worse than the last one. Jeez, you can't even remember what you wrote yourself a couple of hours ago.

whisky talks, but killers are second worts from all IM disco IMO
last one is horibble, non a single song what I like, in Killers there were 2-3 good songs , but Killers is not close IMO whit Blaze, Bruce made IM super group, his wird vox, ppl cant see that here are no many vocalists who can be good as Bruce, if Paul would stayed or Blaze be from 80's IMO wont be as they are now, why Wolfsbane isnt so famose, why Blaze solo has less fans as IM has and most IMfan go to the gigs, why Paul solo gigs are not sold out and his solo band has no strong fan base?
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2014 - 19:55
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

That's something you don't hear every day. Killers is great.
03.04.2014 - 19:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azarath on 03.04.2014 at 19:55

That's something you don't hear every day. Killers is great.

you can hear killer album only you listen it by your self
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2014 - 20:09
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Was I just put in my place?
03.04.2014 - 20:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Azarath on 03.04.2014 at 20:09

Was I just put in my place?

No clue what he meant with his last reply. Total gibberish it most probably was, anyway.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996