Metal Storm logo
What is the meaning of life?

Original post

Posted by Berfones, 24.04.2008 - 15:10
I have been looking the MS forum for this thread and I was amazed to find that the only matches to my search were Monty Pyton movie and some other thing that bearly mantion it, so I decided to open my own thread (hopfully this one will not be locked after one day) and to ask you what is the meaning of life for you, I know that this is a very abstract question, so everyone will have a different answer to it, and some will have several answers.
My meanings of life are music and my book, I think of them as my meanings of life because that if one of them will sieze to be I will probably kill myself.
This thread can also be a place for philosophical questions such as what came first, the chicken or the egg? (I have the answer to it if you want...), and one more thing, can someone tell me why do the mods hate Varg Vikernes threads so much?
11.05.2009 - 21:37
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Well if you think too much I can also say that you will be dead but more to the idea of death as change than as death as "okay that's it, shows over".

Like you see patterns and notice thing s about the self and about others too. That stuff's important when you have to deal with others.

I admit, I do think too much but I can't say I'm really missing on life for doing it. I live while I think.
----
18.05.2009 - 09:51
Throne Dweller
Life's about rabbit suits and worm holes.
19.05.2009 - 07:05
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by Throne Dweller on 18.05.2009 at 09:51

Well let's face it... they exist and they're there. Probably to stay. Lemme take this in order......

Rabbit suits... let's face it, weather or not it's some kind of easter festivity or some kind of sexual fettish, rabbit suits have become some form of staple to the lives of individuals. Weather or not it's to make money off an overblown religous holiday or you need it in order to maintain sexual vigor or to achieve the height of said sexual vigor they have made their place in this world. Ultimately there's not really too much I can go into here past this that's not going to sound absurd, deviant or just wacked out in some way.

Worm holes.... okay, that may have been better covered in the universe thread but as it is here I think it's possible to have a point that sorta easily connects a distant point in another place. Like we have side roads to get to places quicker than where a main road will take us, why not have a worm hole? I just don't entirely know that it's entirely the idea that it would just be one point in this universe. Just as easily as they can probably take you to a distant place in this universe I think they can also possibly be a gateway to another area in another universe as well.
----
21.05.2009 - 01:17
Throne Dweller
Written by Ph0eNiX on 19.05.2009 at 07:05

Written by Throne Dweller on 18.05.2009 at 09:51

Well let's face it... they exist and they're there. Probably to stay. Lemme take this in order......

Rabbit suits... let's face it, weather or not it's some kind of easter festivity or some kind of sexual fettish, rabbit suits have become some form of staple to the lives of individuals. Weather or not it's to make money off an overblown religous holiday or you need it in order to maintain sexual vigor or to achieve the height of said sexual vigor they have made their place in this world. Ultimately there's not really too much I can go into here past this that's not going to sound absurd, deviant or just wacked out in some way.

Worm holes.... okay, that may have been better covered in the universe thread but as it is here I think it's possible to have a point that sorta easily connects a distant point in another place. Like we have side roads to get to places quicker than where a main road will take us, why not have a worm hole? I just don't entirely know that it's entirely the idea that it would just be one point in this universe. Just as easily as they can probably take you to a distant place in this universe I think they can also possibly be a gateway to another area in another universe as well.

You missed the point entirely. What I was trying to say is you Ph0eNiX, are god. C:
21.05.2009 - 04:20
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I still like what I had to say
----
21.05.2009 - 13:48
Throne Dweller
Written by Ph0eNiX on 21.05.2009 at 04:20

I still like what I had to say

Well on your note, you still forgot psychological validation, social gratification and ruling the nation amongst plausible reasons to why Rabbit suits are legion.

and worm holes are sticky, seriously.
07.08.2009 - 17:58
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
It's different for everybody, you have to search for your own meaning in life. At least, that is what I believe.
10.08.2009 - 01:07
wormdrink414
Elite
The three B's: Beer, Behemoth and Bitches. No chauvinism intended.
12.08.2009 - 17:50
Destryphior
Written by wormdrink414 on 10.08.2009 at 01:07

I'd change Behemoth to Beef or Booze, but otherwise I'd say you're right..
17.08.2009 - 11:44
Berfones
Written by Destryphior on 12.08.2009 at 17:50

booze, blood and boobs...
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
21.08.2009 - 01:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I believe life is about inner satisfaction, it's short so you need to make the most of it and if you can look back (no matter what age you die) and think mainly of good times and things and are happy then you have acheived this. It's just my opinion though and it's my way of seeing things. To me, I live through the philosophy that doing right by everyone will make you satisfied within, some people will appreciate this philosophy, others won't, those you just ignore, they aren't worth the time or space.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
31.08.2009 - 20:20
Galar
Wicked Mung
To smoke crack and worship satan!

Haha, Just kidding.

I am only 18 years old. I am a freshman in college, and I certainly have yet to understand life and what it truly means. I am sure I will someday, but until that day I will continue to attend metal shows and indulge myself in the metal realm.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
05.09.2009 - 05:33
The meaning of life is that we search for the meaning of life until you are the last human on Earth.
06.09.2009 - 01:14
Thinking about the meaning of life drives me crazy.. Like black holes ect but I suppose the meaning of life depends on the person's religion, parenting, independance. Personally, I believe life is what you make of it but there is no point in looking for a reason for it, it may as well just be enjoyed. It seems like a waste of life looking for the meaning of it like some philosophers have done.
06.09.2009 - 14:16
Jan Destiny
It's simple:
Girls, Beer and Rock 'n Roll
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
09.09.2009 - 11:36
terrorist
Is this Rock and Roll or a Form of state control!!!Live your life and resist upon the presure,expend your knowledge.That's what life is all about.And don't listen to me or anyone else.Of course after you get enough knowledge to live independentely ehheehe
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
28.09.2009 - 13:22
TheBigRossowski
Written by Countess Bathory on 06.09.2009 at 01:14

Thinking about the meaning of life drives me crazy.. Like black holes ect but I suppose the meaning of life depends on the person's religion, parenting, independance. Personally, I believe life is what you make of it but there is no point in looking for a reason for it, it may as well just be enjoyed. It seems like a waste of life looking for the meaning of it like some philosophers have done.

Which philosophers do you mean? Everyone should search for their own meaning in life, but saying they wasted their lives is a bit absurd. It is without a doubt that we have learned things from some of these philosophers who just threw their lives away. Jean-Paul Sartre's Being and Nothingness is a good example...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
29.09.2009 - 06:00
FOOCK Nam
LIFE is to be Alive until death in the every Certain or Specific time you want.
29.09.2009 - 06:12
FOOCK Nam
Written by Countess Bathory on 06.09.2009 at 01:14

Listen to the song Resurrection Of The Wild, by Windir. The waste of life looking for it meaning like some philosophers is To YOU because You have your own Life and it is different than them, but to Them, what you do can be a waste of life to Them, because They have their own Life and it is different than you. Everybody has their own life, and I am not sure but maybe until now, I can say even the couple who are married living together, each of them STILL has different Life. Moreover, the Meaning of Life for each INDIVDUAL Human being for each one's mind can be Different too, at Least to Me, I think so. Even if it is Same, yeah but that My thought, what about you, I dont know.

The very Beautiful and STRONG thing I would say: many things can be happened to You in the future both negative and positive, then will you feel regret or still be SATISFIED with your Life ?
29.09.2009 - 06:18
FOOCK Nam
Written by Berfones on 17.08.2009 at 11:44

Written by Destryphior on 12.08.2009 at 17:50

booze, blood and boobs...

I would change it as BEATING, Breath, but Boobs, well I cant deny, more over I think boobs and bitches can be same.
01.10.2009 - 20:32
Written by FOOCK Nam on 29.09.2009 at 06:12

Listen to the song Resurrection Of The Wild, by Windir. The waste of life looking for it meaning like some philosophers is To YOU because You have your own Life and it is different than them, but to Them, what you do can be a waste of life to Them, because They have their own Life and it is different than you. Everybody has their own life, and I am not sure but maybe until now, I can say even the couple who are married living together, each of them STILL has different Life. Moreover, the Meaning of Life for each INDIVDUAL Human being for each one's mind can be Different too, at Least to Me, I think so. Even if it is Same, yeah but that My thought, what about you, I dont know.

The very Beautiful and STRONG thing I would say: many things can be happened to You in the future both negative and positive, then will you feel regret or still be SATISFIED with your Life ?

That is effectively what I said. If you want to dedicate yourself to finding the meaning of life then go for it because it is up to you. I just think that it is a waste of time, as in I would not like it myself but that is just my opinion as an individual - which from what I gather is what you are talking about.
01.10.2009 - 20:42
FOOCK Nam
Written by Countess Bathory on 01.10.2009 at 20:32

Written by FOOCK Nam on 29.09.2009 at 06:12

That is effectively what I said. If you want to dedicate yourself to finding the meaning of life then go for it because it is up to you. I just think that it is a waste of time, as in I would not like it myself but that is just my opinion as an individual - which from what I gather is what you are talking about.

Yeah, I understand why you think it is waste. Maybe that is why every individual has their own meaning of Each ONE's Life.
02.10.2009 - 12:35
Baz Anderson
Staff
"the meaning of life is to give life meaning..." - thinking of the Ayreon song here.
02.10.2009 - 12:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.10.2009 at 12:35

"the meaning of life is to give life meaning..." - thinking of the Ayreon song here.

It is a great answer.
----
02.10.2009 - 15:32
FOOCK Nam

Then to find the meaning of Life is to Find that Ayreon song, . Well, which song is that ?
02.10.2009 - 18:02
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.10.2009 at 15:32

Then to find the meaning of Life is to Find that Ayreon song, . Well, which song is that ?

I think it is somewhere in "The Sixth Extinction" - the last track on the new album. I'm not 100%, but I'm quite sure it's in there.
02.10.2009 - 23:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I see meaning of life in "leaving something behind" (and not only children, debts, etc.)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.10.2009 - 04:20
GuitarVillian
Life is about inner harmony, understanding as much as you can, and passing it on so that other people like maybe if you have a kid or something.
21.10.2009 - 23:30
TheBigRossowski
Life is about coming home everyday and one day finding someone who mistakes you for someone else and then his buddy (Woo) pees on your rug. Then your life unfolds to go out and find the guy you were mistaken for, he should compensate you for your fucking rug, man. Then he doesn't want to help you, even though he's a millionaire... so you tell his assistant that he told you you can take any rug in the house. Eventually, you get called back to the millionaire's house, but not because of the rug, because his wife was kidnapped and he needs your help to be recover his wife. You give up the money to the bad guys, or at least try to, but your buddy fucks it up and you avoid calls from the guy because he wants to know how the drop went.

You start to find out more details and you start piecing the puzzle together, run into some nihilists, some fucking fascists, a guy named Jackie Treehorn and his goons, a fucking fifteen year old brat, and slowly everything in your life is clear.

But I'm not going to ruin your life and tell you how it ends...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.10.2009 - 10:25
FOOCK Nam
Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.10.2009 at 23:30

Life is about coming home everyday and one day finding someone who mistakes you for someone else and then his buddy (Woo) pees on your rug. Then your life unfolds to go out and find the guy you were mistaken for, he should compensate you for your fucking rug, man. Then he doesn't want to help you, even though he's a millionaire... so you tell his assistant that he told you you can take any rug in the house. Eventually, you get called back to the millionaire's house, but not because of the rug, because his wife was kidnapped and he needs your help to be recover his wife. You give up the money to the bad guys, or at least try to, but your buddy fucks it up and you avoid calls from the guy because he wants to know how the drop went.

You start to find out more details and you start piecing the puzzle together, run into some nihilists, some fucking fascists, a guy named Jackie Treehorn and his goons, a fucking fifteen year old brat, and slowly everything in your life is clear.

But I'm not going to ruin your life and tell you how it ends...

The meaning of Life is to search what life means, then go to Metalstorm, I find this thread, I find out life is to read this thread to and gather good idea of what is meaning of life, and then I got the idea of a post that I quoted and find it is very funny and has its meaning to find the meaning of life, blah blah blah, and maybe someone this my post and find what is the meaning of life or to recycle the process blah blah...

Dude, I think your drunk