Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
11.11.2009 - 07:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Yeah they're coming here to, like all these megabands that were in the peak of their popularity more than 20 years ago and finally now look to the third world as the only way to attract multitudes... I'm definately not going to pay a shitload of money to see this decadent band.
20.11.2009 - 02:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Damn, it sucks not having money to see them live
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.11.2009 - 21:03
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
08.12.2009 - 19:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Does anyone know anything about these new DVDs they released? Français pour un nuit apparently was only released in France and the South American DVD only released in South America. Won't they be available in other countries?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.12.2009 - 18:57
Written by BloodTears on 08.12.2009 at 19:52

Does anyone know anything about these new DVDs they released? Français pour un nuit apparently was only released in France and the South American DVD only released in South America. Won't they be available in other countries?

from their site

The DVD will be available in retail stores in France only, at www.metallica.com, or you may order online through the record company at www.metallicanimes.com. There will be three formats available: Standard DVD in a digipack including a 16 page booklet, Blu-Ray DVD, also in a digipack with the booklet, and the deluxe limited edition box set that includes the DVD, a copy of "Death Magnetic on CD," a Large T-shirt, laminated pass, and five exclusive photos
09.12.2009 - 20:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by By Demons Driven on 09.12.2009 at 18:57

from their site

The DVD will be available in retail stores in France only, at www.metallica.com, or you may order online through the record company at www.metallicanimes.com. There will be three formats available: Standard DVD in a digipack including a 16 page booklet, Blu-Ray DVD, also in a digipack with the booklet, and the deluxe limited edition box set that includes the DVD, a copy of "Death Magnetic on CD," a Large T-shirt, laminated pass, and five exclusive photos

Thanks a lot for your help!
----

My Instagram
12.12.2009 - 22:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Lars' and Kirk's TOP 25 albums and songs of the decade:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131756

I am surprised both have Mastodon's latest album. And Kirk's list includes Gojira and Tool
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.12.2009 - 00:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by K✞ulu on 30.11.2009 at 21:03

Skolnick on Hetfield:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130583

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131178

Wow, that's awesome!

Alex Skolnick is the man, and I agree with everything he said about James! He is an amazing songwriter, musician and rhythm guitarist. And as Alex said, his rare excurtions into soloing have always been memorable whenever he's done it. I've always wished that James would play more lead in Metallica. I love Kirk's soloing, don't get me wrong, but James has some chops too, and his style would be a perfect foil for Kirk's more chaotic style. Alex is so right about his definition of "virtuoso", okay, James can't shred like Alex, or even Kirk, but he is definitely a virtuoso musically in what he does.

Go Alex!
17.12.2009 - 02:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
"So when I said James is a 'virtuoso' it was not from the perspective of a 'fan boy,' or to be an 'ass-kisser' (as a couple nitwits have indicated), just an honest opinion from a music professional." hmmm

so am I a fanboy cause I think they are almost 10 at their concerts? cause as I read here this none fanboy was agree with me about their live performance. and he was talking about their new live performance which is not like early works cause of for example james's vocals. yes live shit deserves 10 and yes S& M and ...

nowadays you have to be brave to like mtellica, cause someone may kill you for this.
17.12.2009 - 02:31
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 09.12.2009 at 20:10

from their site

lol country and site comparison over here and this one of metallica's magics hehe
20.12.2009 - 17:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls is used in opening credits for Zombieland
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.12.2009 - 18:27
TheOwl

Officially this is the case but a few copies of both DVDs will be hitting some selected stores in most countries.... additionally a couple of big wholesalers will be distributing both DVDs across the globe but they will be given a limited number of items from the label. Finally you can always get it online... check http://www.metallicadvd.com
22.12.2009 - 19:32
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Yeah... they came within a couple hours of me and they wanted like $160 Dollars for tickets... and I won't pay that much to see a band that I like. Personally... I think the way they present themselves counts just as much towards how much I don't like them as James Hetfield's ridiculous country-metal voice...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
22.12.2009 - 22:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Metallica always overcharges for their shows...I paid 120 bucks for the last time I saw them...I will never see them again that was the last time...I just wanted to see them one last time...
23.12.2009 - 16:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by K✞ulu on 12.12.2009 at 22:30

Lars' and Kirk's TOP 25 albums and songs of the decade:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131756

I am surprised both have Mastodon's latest album. And Kirk's list includes Gojira and Tool

on Kirk's song list:
04. AFROMAN - "Because I Got High"

ahhahahahhahahh that song rules
24.12.2009 - 21:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Man...Lars' list is effing terrible. You'd think being the NWOBHM fan that he was, he'd actually put in some good metal. U2, Eminem, Kings Of Leon, Slipknot, Green Day - yup, a list compiled by a true douchebag. That's not anything personal against Lars either, regardless of who put it together I'd still think they're a douchebag.

Lars Ulrich has ripped a hole in the douchebag continuum.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.12.2009 - 21:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The Eminem Show is the best pick out of those imo
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.12.2009 - 03:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Kirk's list is better than Lars' list but still pretty lame
What the hell is wrong with them?
28.12.2009 - 05:49
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
2 Idiots, real Idiots. they are both gays.
30.12.2009 - 00:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Only these past days i did realize how much i actually like Metallica, despite anything i might have said on this forum in the past. their first 4 albums are great, their 5th is good too, only thing wrong with it is its purpose, to bring more album sales. their last one is good too, and FAR SURPASSES Endgame, it's simply a much better thought-through album.

honestly, it seems Mustaine tries to beat Metallica in every way he can, whenever he can, i'm sure there were plenty of other times he desperately wanted people to like him/Megadeth more than Metallica but here's what i recall:

-1991: Metallica sells out
1992: Megadeth sells out
-1998: Lars tells Mustaine to take more risks with his music
1999: Megadeth releases "Risk"
-2004: Mustaine writes the song "Something I'm Not" over 20 years after he was kicked out of Metallica for being a drunk asshole.
-2008: Metallica releases "Death Magnetic" after spending 5 years with rehab and perfecting the songs.
2009: Megadeth releases "Endgame" which is an obviously rushed, sub-par album with way too much gratuitous soloing just for the sake of it.

either way, Mustaine and Lars keep on failing(i don't even need to make a list about Lars), and i can't judge who is/was the bigger dickhead out of the two.
01.01.2010 - 00:18
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
Metallica RIP... I am not sure who this new band is but IMO they died after ...And Justice for all. I also find it hilarious they are in the extreme metal forum. They are only here because of thier past albums. pre '95.... anything after they belong int he staypuff metal forum....
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
01.01.2010 - 16:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by fade on 01.01.2010 at 00:18

Metallica RIP... I am not sure who this new band is but IMO they died after ...And Justice for all. I also find it hilarious they are in the extreme metal forum. They are only here because of thier past albums. pre '95.... anything after they belong int he staypuff metal forum....

You are being very generous, sir. Cause actually they died for me and loads of others BEFORE that semi atrocity called ... And Justice For All
As for them being here for their pre 95 albums... since when is Metallica an extreme metal album?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.01.2010 - 18:13
Lord_Regnier

Metallica RIP... I am not sure who this new band is but IMO they died after ...And Justice for all. I also find it hilarious they are in the extreme metal forum. They are only here because of thier past albums.

Agreed.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
07.01.2010 - 08:43
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

from their site

which one you will buy?
07.01.2010 - 19:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 07.01.2010 at 08:43

from their site

which one you will buy?

I'm not sure yet. Maybe the one live in France.
----

My Instagram
08.01.2010 - 07:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 07.01.2010 at 19:30

Written by Guest on 07.01.2010 at 08:43

from their site

which one you will buy?

I'm not sure yet. Maybe the one live in France.

I took the decision, I didnt like to have a second CD of DM (Im talkin about Box), it seems they want to sell one more CD for crazy fans! they sold a lot, so to be honest I didnt like this kind of box. but I would like to have it shit!
10.01.2010 - 16:11
Forsaken666
Written by Valentin B on 30.12.2009 at 00:49

i can't judge who is/was the bigger dickhead out of the two.

Oh I'm gonna help you, it's Dave.
10.01.2010 - 16:41
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

Some one with a brain in their head, Metallica really does not belong in the extreme metal sub-forum and, I agree the only reason the thread is here is because of their first 3 albums. Too bad Hetfield hasn't drank himself to death yet.
20.01.2010 - 23:55
the stranger
Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2009 at 17:35

Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls is used in opening credits for Zombieland

That movie kicks ass.

I saw Metallica yesterday. My body is still aching.
21.01.2010 - 14:00
Inlé
Wow. Going back to that, list Kirk's top 4... Is awesome. Especially #1 :3

Lar's list reads like a 13-year-old "rocker"... Wow.

I would like to catch Metallica live at some point, though. Been re-listening to RTL especially, recently. Good stuff.