Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 05.07.2006 - 19:28

Rhapsody...one of the cheesiest bands ever, hmm...maybe one of the best...each and every one of their albums contains epic choral arrangements, soaring vocals, mindblowing instrumentation, and of course, the quality that defines the band...the orchestra...unlike some bands, who have an orchestra just to hide the horrid quality of their music, Rhapsody uses it in a way to make you want to slay orcs and dragons, lol...yes I know...nowadays, the method of combining orchestras and choruses to power metal is almost standard...however, Rhapsody was one of the first to use it, and use it to its full potential...anyways, the orchestra rocks...makes it more epic...Rhapsody has been one of the biggest and most influential epic metal bands ever...climactic, epic songs full of adventure...and now, actor Christopher Lee (who plays Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies) does most of the narrations for their albums...I find it really captivating, and exciting (and cheesy)...much neoclassical stylings on the guitar, and some absolutely crushing lines...of course, most of the songs go at 100 miles per hour, with doublebass and palm muted chords apounding, and the synths laying down a barrage of notes...as usual...however, they do have some great ballads...it doesnt matter...highly recommended (at least by me)...Rhapsody is one of the most unique bands of the power metal scene...so...welcome brother, to the world of power metal...a dangerous land filled with dragons, steel, magic, orcs, demons, wizards, and lots of cheese...power metal has some of the highest levels of cheese in any sort of music, but anyways...I think its great...and you should also check Luca Turilli's side project.

Fabio Lione (vocals)
Luca Turilli (guitar)
Alex Staropoli (keyboards)
Patrice Guers (bass)
Alex Holzwarth (drums)

if you dont know anything about Rhapsody, well, this video speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMeBTmiX4g Unholy Warcry

hail mighty Rhapsody
16.10.2007 - 11:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i still like Unholy Warcry, The White Dragon´s Order, The Myth of the Holy Sword and The Mystic Prophecy of the Demon Knight from the last two albums...if nothing else...

but i agree, i write everywhere only "Rhapsody"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.10.2007 - 22:57
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 15:54

Absolutley Love Rhapsody Of Fire !!

Who will not love them They are the masters of symphonic power metal
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.10.2007 - 03:43
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 16.10.2007 at 22:57

Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 15:54

Absolutley Love Rhapsody Of Fire !!

Who will not love them They are the masters of symphonic power metal

So so true Who cant love 'em haha
One of the best bands in the world i think !! I wish they would come to Australia some day, that would be a dream come true !!

Has anyone seen em live, i mean the DVD is freaking amazing ?!
25.10.2007 - 12:00
Fuath
can someone reccomend me a good album from them to get??? many thanks
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

25.10.2007 - 12:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Power of the Dragonflame, Legendary Tales, Dawn of Victory those are really worth to invest in (and the rest two from the Emerald Sword Saga (Symphony Of Enchanted Lands and Rain of a Thousand Flames) are good too )
----

26.10.2007 - 09:27
Fuath
thanks heaps
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

26.10.2007 - 09:40
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ellrohir on 25.10.2007 at 12:23

Power of the Dragonflame, Legendary Tales, Dawn of Victory those are really worth to invest in (and the rest two from the Emerald Sword Saga (Symphony Of Enchanted Lands and Rain of a Thousand Flames) are good too )

Well say .

1st is Dawn of Victory and 2nd is the Emerald Sword saga , these are your first 3 cd to buy from Rhapsody
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
05.11.2007 - 13:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4k8YQP2IUg - the anwser to all who say new Rhapsody s*cks

and this as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYpxQEPzpJk
----

06.11.2007 - 10:20
Fuath
Written by Ellrohir on 05.11.2007 at 13:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4k8YQP2IUg - the anwser to all who say new Rhapsody s*cks

and this as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYpxQEPzpJk

who said rhapsody sucks??? i guess some people cant appreciate good music
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

09.11.2007 - 04:44
bucky01403
Account deleted
I don't care what people think, I really enjoy them.
09.11.2007 - 16:23
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Lupas on 26.10.2007 at 09:40

Written by Ellrohir on 25.10.2007 at 12:23

Well say .

1st is Dawn of Victory and 2nd is the Emerald Sword saga , these are your first 3 cd to buy from Rhapsody

Finally! Someone who agrees with me that 'Dawn of Victory' is the quintessential Rhapsody album! I often have arguments with people who are convinced that 'Symphony of Enchanted Lands' is better, and one of my friends even says that 'Power of the Dragonflame' is supreme, but I've always considered 'Dawn of Victory' a cut above the rest.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
17.12.2007 - 11:24
krotchy
Account deleted
Can somebody help me:

I've heard a band that plays very similarly to Rhapsody, but has a woman on vocals. The problem is I have no idea about the band's name. Anybody know good Power Metal bands with female vocalists? Thanks for your help!
17.12.2007 - 11:52
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.12.2007 at 11:24

Can somebody help me:

I've heard a band that plays very similarly to Rhapsody, but has a woman on vocals. The problem is I have no idea about the band's name. Anybody know good Power Metal bands with female vocalists? Thanks for your help!

Maybe Edenbridge , or maybe even Nightwish but i don't think their music is similar to Rhapsody Of Fire..., Dark Moor on the first 3 albums also had a female vocalist in their line-up (but her voice was like male!)
17.12.2007 - 17:28
krotchy
Account deleted
Thanks! I'll hear them out.
17.12.2007 - 18:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i suppose you cant send us any sample of the song, isnt it?
----

18.12.2007 - 12:55
krotchy
Account deleted
It's neither Edenbridge nor Dark Moor.

I have an mp3 of the song. How can I send it to you?
18.12.2007 - 13:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
icq? (mine is 266-407-491)
----

18.12.2007 - 14:56
krotchy
Account deleted
Can I send it by E-mail? I only get to use Internet occasionally, so I don't have icq...
18.12.2007 - 21:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
if your mail client will be able to send it (some clients cannot send more than for example 1MB of data or so)...my e mail is rakcesa@seznam.cz, but please be sure to name your e-mail that i can easily recognize it is from you (i receive many spams which i usually delete instantly w/o reading)
----

20.12.2007 - 03:44
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I hope the following album that they do in the future is much better........I find that the latest one was too overly produced. I mean the concept was excellent [as always], but musically, it wasn't thrilling like before. But the next album will be a new saga also so, even more of a reason to get my hopes up
20.12.2007 - 12:59
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 03:44

I hope the following album that they do in the future is much better........I find that the latest one was too overly produced. I mean the concept was excellent [as always], but musically, it wasn't thrilling like before. But the next album will be a new saga also so, even more of a reason to get my hopes up

New saga? i think it will still be 'The Dark Secret' saga, and the story continues at the point when The White Dragon order returns to Algalord with the seventh black book...
20.12.2007 - 13:11
krotchy
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 18.12.2007 at 21:40

if your mail client will be able to send it (some clients cannot send more than for example 1MB of data or so)...my e mail is rakcesa@seznam.cz, but please be sure to name your e-mail that i can easily recognize it is from you (i receive many spams which i usually delete instantly w/o reading)

I found it!
I wrote down the lyrics and searched for them in the browser.

It's Fairyland!!!

Damn, that's a relief

Duyhung, it was almost Dark Moor, since the female vocalist (Elisa Candelas Martin) of Fairyland sang in the early Dark Moor.

Thanks!
20.12.2007 - 15:34
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 12:59

New saga? i think it will still be 'The Dark Secret' saga, and the story continues at the point when The White Dragon order returns to Algalord with the seventh black book...

but on the closing track, Christopher Lee says "......A New Saga Begins."
20.12.2007 - 17:21
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 15:34

Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 12:59

but on the closing track, Christopher Lee says "......A New Saga Begins."

yeah i know but it does not necessarily mean that we're gonna have a new saga with new story , i mean when writing that line ("a new saga begins") maybe Luca meant the battle between Algalord and Nekron has begun (with the seizure of the black book) rather than, well, a new story for the next album... Anyway all we can do now is wait for the new album and hopefully we'll have the answer

@krotchy : congratulations on the victory of your epic quest for that mysterious band (hahhah don't laugh at me, this is the thread of a power metal band, you know )
20.12.2007 - 21:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 13:11

It's Fairyland!!!

which song if i may ask, plase? (if i would be even able to identify it if you had send it to me )
----

20.12.2007 - 22:48
Lupas
Maximus
@Krotchy

If you want a female fronted power metal just ask me i'm an expert in this , about female fronted metal.

Try Phoenix Reign
----
21.12.2007 - 14:52
krotchy
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2007 at 21:50

Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 13:11

It's Fairyland!!!

which song if i may ask, plase? (if i would be even able to identify it if you had send it to me )

It was "Fight for your King" from Of wars in Ossyria.
21.12.2007 - 14:57
krotchy
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 20.12.2007 at 22:48

@Krotchy

If you want a female fronted power metal just ask me i'm an expert in this , about female fronted metal.

Try Phoenix Reign

Sure thing! I'm always glad to hear good female vocals in Haevy Metal songs. It's pretty rare to find a Power Metal band that has a woman as a frontman (or maybe frontwoman)...
28.08.2008 - 01:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Rhapsody fuckin rules. fuck the music downloading website making them change their name with that retarded "of Fire" suffix at the end. DOWN WITH RHAPSODY DOWNLOADING.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.08.2008 - 02:43
Iron Priest
I love Rhapsody. And the cheese doesn't bother me at all. Ha I'll have march of the swordmaster blaring when I'm stopped at a stop light. Rage of the Winter is my fav though.