Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 05.07.2006 - 19:28

Rhapsody...one of the cheesiest bands ever, hmm...maybe one of the best...each and every one of their albums contains epic choral arrangements, soaring vocals, mindblowing instrumentation, and of course, the quality that defines the band...the orchestra...unlike some bands, who have an orchestra just to hide the horrid quality of their music, Rhapsody uses it in a way to make you want to slay orcs and dragons, lol...yes I know...nowadays, the method of combining orchestras and choruses to power metal is almost standard...however, Rhapsody was one of the first to use it, and use it to its full potential...anyways, the orchestra rocks...makes it more epic...Rhapsody has been one of the biggest and most influential epic metal bands ever...climactic, epic songs full of adventure...and now, actor Christopher Lee (who plays Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies) does most of the narrations for their albums...I find it really captivating, and exciting (and cheesy)...much neoclassical stylings on the guitar, and some absolutely crushing lines...of course, most of the songs go at 100 miles per hour, with doublebass and palm muted chords apounding, and the synths laying down a barrage of notes...as usual...however, they do have some great ballads...it doesnt matter...highly recommended (at least by me)...Rhapsody is one of the most unique bands of the power metal scene...so...welcome brother, to the world of power metal...a dangerous land filled with dragons, steel, magic, orcs, demons, wizards, and lots of cheese...power metal has some of the highest levels of cheese in any sort of music, but anyways...I think its great...and you should also check Luca Turilli's side project.

Fabio Lione (vocals)
Luca Turilli (guitar)
Alex Staropoli (keyboards)
Patrice Guers (bass)
Alex Holzwarth (drums)

if you dont know anything about Rhapsody, well, this video speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMeBTmiX4g Unholy Warcry

hail mighty Rhapsody
31.08.2008 - 04:00
YoreLore
great band. The "cheese" does not bother me at all, I just count it as this bands style and if another band is more "serious" then that is their style. If I want to hear music with epic orchestras and fast double bass drumming, guitar sweeps, fast riffs and strong vocals with an accent then I put Rhapsody on. The Symphony Of Enchanted Lands album is perfect and is about 10 times better than their last 2 efforts. Songs like Beyond The Gates Of Infinity and The Dark Tower Of Abyss are Rhapsody at their best...but my favourite song is still Flames Of Revenge
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
31.08.2008 - 21:36
Janne
Hugin
I like their album "Dawn Of Victory" the most. For me all the songs from that album are perfect. SOEL is also great but their newest release isn't as good as the olders.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
29.09.2008 - 19:44
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
The Album with Emerald Sword and Dawn of Victory is good.
They are amazing as Dragonforce. But Dragonforce has more songs that are better.
29.09.2008 - 19:57
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 29.09.2008 at 19:44

They are amazing as Dragonforce. But Dragonforce has more songs that are better.

IMO Rhapsody is much more serious than Dragonforce. Rhapsody's music is deeper and has a better atmosphere.
ATM my favourite Rhapsody song is "Tears Of A Dying Angel". The spoken part is awesome!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
29.09.2008 - 21:06
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 29.09.2008 at 19:57

IMO Rhapsody is much more serious than Dragonforce. Rhapsody's music is deeper and has a better atmosphere.
ATM my favourite Rhapsody song is "Tears Of A Dying Angel". The spoken part is awesome!

Yes, but Dragonforce is funny and have sense of humor. Herman and Sam is one of the most funny guitarist.
They play for fun not to serious. But on stage Rhapsody is little better.
29.09.2008 - 21:09
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 29.09.2008 at 21:06

Yes, but Dragonforce is funny and have sense of humor. Herman and Sam is one of the most funny guitarist.

Yeah, Dragonforce is funny that's why I like them and Rhapsody is serious so I also like them. Both bands are good as they are.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
29.09.2008 - 21:12
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 29.09.2008 at 21:09

Written by Guest on 29.09.2008 at 21:06

Yeah, Dragonforce is funny that's why I like them and Rhapsody is serious so I also like them. Both bands are good as they are.

Sonata, Dragonforce and Rhapsody is all good.
05.10.2008 - 21:07
VPeter
Rhapsody deep?
It is very cheesy symphonic power metal. Good cheese though, but far from capturing an fantasy atmosphere.
I also hope they will manage to get an professional fantasy writer for their lyrics, since their lyrics now are absolutely horrible.
06.10.2008 - 12:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Rhapsody of Fire needs a crash course in video making. their videos are thoroughly reprehensible and should not be viewed by anyone, unless of course you're in the band. then they become epic troll slaying masterpieces or something of similar subject matter.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.10.2008 - 17:05
Janne
Hugin
Imo it's deep because I have many feelings during listening to them. Rhapsody is perfect to roleplaying games!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
07.10.2008 - 05:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well not deep btu at leats very well developed wheen it comes to context and cooncept... they... no. Luca Turilli takes the time to write the Algalord Chronicles and to write the lyrics and even make maps and stuff, and Alex Staropoli to do all eth prchestral epic stuff. The result is anything but deep. It's very epic and cheesy, you know, perfect for playing WOW or RPGs or reading The Lord of The Rings or any fantasy/epic literature.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
08.10.2008 - 15:04
Narloth
Quote:
I also hope they will manage to get an professional fantasy writer for their lyrics, since their lyrics now are absolutely horrible.

It would be horrible, the main concept would be lost! If somebody wants reflective fantasy, he always has Silmarillion Aglalord Chronicles are great! They are so... ingenuous! Pure Light, pure Evil, taken so seriously... that Sgraal thing... that weird end with Gargoyles, an epic victory of Dargor over common sence!!! and everything PLAYED so cool! I have been pining for such things while reading Joyce.
01.01.2009 - 01:55
Black_Sheep
Anyone here from the offical ROF forum? (it's the best forum btw)

EDIT: Narloth! nice to see you here
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
02.01.2009 - 03:42
Ess-B
Account deleted
Rhapsody makes true works of art. I miss their old name though. HAIL MIGHTY RHAPSODY.
02.01.2009 - 11:38
Hellkommando
I am a huge fan of Rhapsody, great vocals and I enjoy the lyrics as well, guess its the fantasy geek in me too, lol. Check out this clip where none other than the great Christopher Lee sings too!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93SdirnzTw
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
02.01.2009 - 13:42
Saitenhexerin
Oh yea Christopher Lee on vocals! I can remember how hard it was for me to wait for the release of this EP!
Rhapsody rock!!! although I wonder if they have problems with putting their music on stage?
I can not imagine how they manage all their arrangements on stage...must be very difficult!
has anyone of you seen them live yet?

so far, marina
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
09.01.2009 - 14:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Stopped listening to them for a while. their keyboard player is quite good though.
21.01.2009 - 02:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 09.01.2009 at 14:36

Stopped listening to them for a while. their keyboard player is quite good though.

Well he also makes the orchestral arrrangements and writes most of the music with Mr. Turilli.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.01.2009 - 05:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Power of The DragonFlame still kicks major ass.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.01.2009 - 17:45
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@LeChron James: amen to that
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.01.2009 - 06:24
Narloth
Written by Black_Sheep on 01.01.2009 at 01:55

Anyone here from the offical ROF forum? (it's the best forum btw)

EDIT: Narloth! nice to see you here

It seems that only we two so far So let's bring people to it
29.01.2009 - 05:05
Zelse
I lurked the Rhapsody forum for a long time, never registered though. Didn't have much to say.

I love Rhapsody, one of the first power metal bands I got into. Power of the Dragonflame and Dawn of Victory were their best albums, in my opinion, but they're all spectacular.

I really can't wait for them to get out of whatever jam they're in and record the new material they've had written for so long, though.
27.05.2009 - 06:25
tulkas
el parcero
Hey, i'm not a rhapsody fan or anything, but having learned that christopher lee did narrating work for 2 of their albums, could someone please tell me, from those 2 albums, in which songs does he appear. i tried looking here on the lyrics but it doesn't say, so... if anyone helps me with that i'll be very thankful!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.05.2009 - 06:44
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by tulkas on 27.05.2009 at 06:25

Hey, i'm not a rhapsody fan or anything, but having learned that christopher lee did narrating work for 2 of their albums, could someone please tell me, from those 2 albums, in which songs does he appear. i tried looking here on the lyrics but it doesn't say, so... if anyone helps me with that i'll be very thankful!

Oh yeah man, you can try the last 2 albums "Symphony Of The Enchanted Lands II - The Dark Secret" and "Triumph Or Agony", try to listen the first one I mentioned, It would give you a clear idea of his role in the album, great voice of course!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.05.2009 - 06:45
Zelse
He did some work on Symphony of Enchanted Lands II. He does some narration on The Dark Secret (I think... I usually skip the intro tracks so I'm not sure), Unholy Warcry, The Magic of the Wizard's Dream, and Shadows of Death.

He also does some narration on the following album, Triumph or Agony, on the last song, The Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight. The narration from him (and other actors) starts at around 7 or 8 minutes in, and I believe he also narrates near the end, too.
27.05.2009 - 06:46
Zelse
And I know my post that's like three posts up already said it, but god dammit, I want to hear some activity from these guys!
27.05.2009 - 06:48
tulkas
el parcero
@daggon, zelse: thanx a lot guys, i'll check them out. i just love mr. lee's voice, it's so powerful
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.05.2009 - 06:49
Zelse
Yea. Truth be told, the only song he sings on is The Magic of the Wizard's Dream, but the narration is fun to listen to (as long as you accept the fact that it's some of the cheesiest stuff you will EVER hear).
27.05.2009 - 06:59
Lord_Regnier
Written by Zelse on 27.05.2009 at 06:46

And I know my post that's like three posts up already said it, but god dammit, I want to hear some activity from these guys!

Most likely you won't hear about any activity in Rhapsody's case anytime soon.
They're still frozen by this legal case between them and MCM. Looks like this shit will never end.

Personally, I'm not in a hurry to hear anything new from them. Their last two albums have been huge letdowns, especially TOA. Saying this album is boring would be generous. It's just plain sleep-inducing.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
27.05.2009 - 07:31
Zelse
Written by Lord_Regnier on 27.05.2009 at 06:59

Written by Zelse on 27.05.2009 at 06:46

Most likely you won't hear about any activity in Rhapsody's case anytime soon.
They're still frozen by this legal case between them and MCM. Looks like this shit will never end.

Personally, I'm not in a hurry to hear anything new from them. Their last two albums have been huge letdowns, especially TOA. Saying this album is boring would be generous. It's just plain sleep-inducing.

Still? Christ, they've been in this bind for over two years or something. They can't stay young forever, they need to get some recording done! Sigh. Even if their last couple of albums were fucking dull (Triumph was slightly better than Symphony II, imo, which was horrendously boring) I have a feeling their next album (whenever/if it ever comes out) will be awesome.