Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 05.07.2006 - 19:28

Rhapsody...one of the cheesiest bands ever, hmm...maybe one of the best...each and every one of their albums contains epic choral arrangements, soaring vocals, mindblowing instrumentation, and of course, the quality that defines the band...the orchestra...unlike some bands, who have an orchestra just to hide the horrid quality of their music, Rhapsody uses it in a way to make you want to slay orcs and dragons, lol...yes I know...nowadays, the method of combining orchestras and choruses to power metal is almost standard...however, Rhapsody was one of the first to use it, and use it to its full potential...anyways, the orchestra rocks...makes it more epic...Rhapsody has been one of the biggest and most influential epic metal bands ever...climactic, epic songs full of adventure...and now, actor Christopher Lee (who plays Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies) does most of the narrations for their albums...I find it really captivating, and exciting (and cheesy)...much neoclassical stylings on the guitar, and some absolutely crushing lines...of course, most of the songs go at 100 miles per hour, with doublebass and palm muted chords apounding, and the synths laying down a barrage of notes...as usual...however, they do have some great ballads...it doesnt matter...highly recommended (at least by me)...Rhapsody is one of the most unique bands of the power metal scene...so...welcome brother, to the world of power metal...a dangerous land filled with dragons, steel, magic, orcs, demons, wizards, and lots of cheese...power metal has some of the highest levels of cheese in any sort of music, but anyways...I think its great...and you should also check Luca Turilli's side project.

Fabio Lione (vocals)
Luca Turilli (guitar)
Alex Staropoli (keyboards)
Patrice Guers (bass)
Alex Holzwarth (drums)

if you dont know anything about Rhapsody, well, this video speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMeBTmiX4g Unholy Warcry

hail mighty Rhapsody
22.09.2009 - 11:21
RyanH
LAND OF IMMORTALS
22.09.2009 - 14:23
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 09:17

Triumph Or Agony is really bad album

I agree. SOEL II was average at best and became boring quite fast but it was still better than TOA.
Imo,TOA is a sucky album, a snoozefest. Apart from the title song and the song that comes next in the tracklist, and a few parts in "The Mystic Prophecy", this album is a dull succession of ballads and boring mid-tempos. And even the three songs that have some speed are not good at all.
"The Mystic Prophecy" is destroyed by uber cheesy parts and neverending (and, again, cheesy) citations.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
22.09.2009 - 15:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I like "The Myth of the Holy Sword" and "The Mystic Prophecy of the Demon Knight" from this album...especially because of strong choruses...but compared to SOEL II (which i find good btw) and especially to older albums it is weak
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.09.2009 - 20:17
Zelse
It took me ages to appreciate Symphony of Enchanted Lands 2, but I really like a lot of the songs now - a couple of them are boring/unnecessary/filler but it's a solid album.

Triumph or Agony I like, too, but I do think it drags behind SOEL2 a bit.

But I think both of them are weak compared to older albums.
23.09.2009 - 01:03
Lord_Regnier
Written by Zelse on 22.09.2009 at 20:17

It took me ages to appreciate Symphony of Enchanted Lands 2, but I really like a lot of the songs now - a couple of them are boring/unnecessary/filler but it's a solid album.

Triumph or Agony I like, too, but I do think it drags behind SOEL2 a bit.

But I think both of them are weak compared to older albums.

I never really liked SOEL II and got bored of it quickly.
As for TOA, I hated it at first listen and have never been able to stand this album.

I completely agree with your last sentence.
----
09.10.2009 - 07:27
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I prefer their original name. I know I know, some other entity made them change it somehow...its gay anyway you look at. but at least the word fire is in it...anywho, rain of a thousand flames is one of their best songs.
17.10.2009 - 12:30
Znoy
Queen of the Dark Horizons is Great!
18.10.2009 - 05:54
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I still call them just rhapsody.
19.10.2009 - 15:38
Znoy
What song is long as "Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness" (near 19 minutes)
of other bands?
19.10.2009 - 15:50
Janne
Hugin
Written by Znoy on 19.10.2009 at 15:38

What song is long as "Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness" (near 19 minutes)
of other bands?

check this out!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.11.2009 - 04:13
Zelse
Rhapsody is back!!

http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/
19.11.2009 - 11:26
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
That's good news...I hope. At least something to look forward to
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.11.2009 - 16:13
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Good news indeed. Well... It still depends of the quality of the new album, if it's like the previous two (bleh) or the first tetralogy (yeah!)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.11.2009 - 17:29
Janne
Hugin
I'm really looking forward to an eu tour!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.11.2009 - 18:06
MetalSpider
Ah...cant wait to hear a new album from this great cheesy band!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.11.2009 - 19:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by MetalSpider on 19.11.2009 at 18:06

But for sure the highest quality cheese of all the genre

Still I wonder what happened between them and Joey De Maio

I can't wait for the new album, really, I like everything they do, I even praise the last two albums, I really like them so I'm expectant of the new sound of the band now they are with Nuclear Blast, surely they will make again a great quality album, as always. Yup I'm a tool.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.11.2009 - 01:52
MetalSpider
Written by Daggon on 19.11.2009 at 19:49

Written by MetalSpider on 19.11.2009 at 18:06

But for sure the highest quality cheese of all the genre

Still I wonder what happened between them and Joey De Maio

I can't wait for the new album, really, I like everything they do, even I praise the last two albums, I really like them so I'm expectant of the new sound of the band now they are with Nuclear Blast, surely they will make again a great quality album, as always. Yup I'm a tool.

Oh definitely...these guys are some of the highest quality cheese around.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.11.2009 - 02:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well it was about time they got rid of DiMaio's grip. And they sign with (probably) teh biggest label in metal nowadays, that guarantees us the nice cheese, epicness and creativity (with the Algalord Chronicles I mean, not musically) that has always characteried Rhapsody, plus the support of NB, damn it's gonna be one hell of an album, I can feel it
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 08:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 02:03

damn it's gonna be one hell of an album, I can feel it

And I totally second that.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
26.11.2009 - 13:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Daggon on 20.11.2009 at 08:53

i third that
----

04.12.2009 - 21:33
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 26.11.2009 at 13:12

Written by Daggon on 20.11.2009 at 08:53

i third that

I fourth that XDXD
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.01.2010 - 23:39
mr. IRON
And I fifth that yada yada...

'The Frozen Tears of Angels' will surely be great. Even greater compared to the last two albums, that were good but the both only had a little bunch of good songs; too much fillers and ballads. They're under Nuclear Blast now, so there'll not be any DeMaio diseases . 'A true masterpiece of symphonic power/speed metal' sounds promising but can I ever trust promises of this kind? No. However, I believe the album will sound great. I have my expectations pretty high.
06.02.2010 - 16:08
Satanus
Hail To Rhapsody .... The Mighty Lords
20.02.2010 - 20:02
MeTalRea|istiK
HAIL!!!!!!!
20.02.2010 - 20:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hail! Hail! Hail and kill!

oh sorry...that belongs to another topic
----

24.02.2010 - 20:46
ChaoCentric
Epic Cheesiness aside they are mind blowing musicaly. Im almost certain i heard a whole guitar sweep in every song. I wish i could see them but no good european bands come to the south eastern segment of the U.S.
----
When the Sky Darkens and the Prospect is War Whos given a gun and then Pushed to the fore!
25.02.2010 - 21:04
MeTalRea|istiK
Yeah!!i heard bout the new album but cant find it anywhere
25.02.2010 - 21:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Currently it seems, it is only on their website...Nuclear Blast has nothing in scheduled releases...
----

26.02.2010 - 00:24
JÄY
Metal slave
Power metal bands tend to exaggerate their release dates, more than other styles, ive noticed...itll prolly come out 2013
26.02.2010 - 00:40
Lord_Regnier
Written by JÄY on 26.02.2010 at 00:24

Power metal bands tend to exaggerate their release dates, more than other styles, ive noticed...itll prolly come out 2013

I think it's a marketing strategy at times, seeing as Powermetal is the most commercial metal genre.
----