Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 09.06.2009 - 14:55
New Dream Theater thread, the other one is deceased.

Let the discussion begin.
05.07.2015 - 13:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And I would like to hear The Count of Tuscany, but I was told the time is limited

anyway the Prague gig was good, just the sound mixing failed a bit...which is sad, because support bands sound great

and the audience...first they began to sell tickets to 20k hall, later they was forced to change it to 3k venue and it still felt quite empty...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

12.04.2016 - 07:52
Forces of Steel

Dream Theater is a band that I can't get into at all. They have very talented musicians, but they have yet to release an album since 1992 to have any effect on me. Also, I'm just not a fan of James LaBrie's voice, and would gladly stick with the Charlie Dominici era. Even Majesty was pretty good.

When it comes to progressive metal, I prefer the USPM variety, so it's those first four Fates Warning albums for me.
15.04.2016 - 14:08
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Forces of Steel on 12.04.2016 at 07:52

When it comes to progressive metal, I prefer the USPM variety, so it's those first four Fates Warning albums for me.

It's even harder to be a fan of John Arch's voice to be honest.
10.07.2016 - 14:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ololol

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.10.2016 - 00:21
Amy

Wait a minute, why haven't I heard anything about the Dream Theater tour on MS? I found out through the band's website. At lease in the US I think their at the tail end of the European tour for the Astonishing.
----
\m/
15.07.2022 - 00:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DREAM THEATER's JOHN PETRUCCI Announces First Solo Tour With MIKE PORTNOY On Drums

October 07 - Boston, MA - Berklee Performance Center
October 13 - New York, NY - Town Hall
October 15 - Washington, DC - Lincoln Theater

More shows will be announced in the near future.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theaters-john-petrucci-announces-first-solo-tour-with-mike-portnoy-on-drums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2022 - 13:00
heavyriffs
Account deleted
A great band but don't like vocals. I have seen them live and they are masters of their domain.
07.10.2022 - 14:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DREAM THEATER To Begin Recording New Album In Late 2023

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theater-to-begin-recording-new-album-in-late-2023

So it might be out late 2024 or even 2025 hmmmm well well
----

apos;'
[image]
05.02.2023 - 14:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to Ilta-Sanomat, DREAM THEATER's concert in Oulu, Finland on Friday (February 3) was canceled a short time before the show was supposed to start.

Ticketmaster, which was responsible for the event's ticket sales, announced the cancelation via a message sent to those who purchased the ticket just over half an hour before the first support band was supposed to take the stage at Oulun Energia Areena.

In the message, Ticketmaster said the show was called off for "security reasons".

Toni Peiju, CEO of the event production company All Things Live Finland Oy, which was responsible for organizing the concert, told Ilta-Sanomat that "the subcontractor company had made a stage that was not safe to perform on. The lighting and sound equipment are heavy, and the stage structures would not have been sufficient to support their weight. The lights would not have been allowed to hang. It was purely a security matter."

https://www.is.fi/oulun-seutu/art-2000009371360.html
----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2023 - 17:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Mike Portnoy rejoined Dream Theater