Metal Storm logo
How do you take your coffee/tea?

09.10.2009 - 16:44
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
This is probably one of the most asked questions throughout the world everyday, whenever you go round somebody's and they offer you a hot drink, this question pops up. Well how do you take your coffee/tea?

I personally like to have my coffee strong preferably from a perculator but if granuals, like most people use here in England, it would need to be at least a spoon and a half. I have two sugars and depending on the coffee decide whether to add milk or not. I do not drink tea.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
09.10.2009 - 17:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I was actually thinking about this these days. every thing i drink i drink it RAW ( ">:(" smiley optional hahaha), tequila, tea, coffee, milk etc. well i like my milk with (lots of) biscuits but that's pretty much the only exception .

my mom even bought some bags with this weird beverage that's made from chicory and some cereals (it's called "Inka"), tastes pretty bitter(though it's an interesting taste i must say) but it's by far healthier than normal coffee or (god forbid) those little 3-in-1 instant coffee bags plus it makes for a great day-starting beverage with no damaging caffeine. i know lots of people who are addicted to the holy trinity of coffee, cola and cigarettes(my best friend doesn't drink coffee that often but he drinks lots of coke and 1 pack of cigarettes per day or something), it should be interesting to see how their health will be like in about 10 years hahahahah

"man, i'm fucked, my doctor says my liver can't take anymore, but i'm so stressed i just need to smoke."

"told you so!!"
09.10.2009 - 17:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
I drink at least three cups of coffee every day, have done it since I was 13. And it has always been black, pure blackness. No disgusting sugar, milk or cream.
----
09.10.2009 - 17:39
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I seldom drink tea but when i do, there must be chocolate too...And also drink it cold! hahaha
As for the coffee, more than 2 cups every day...It depends, sometimes pure, sometimes with milk or cream.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
09.10.2009 - 17:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Coffee as black as can be. At least around 10 cups a day on workdays and only about 3 when I have the day off.
Have been drinking coffee as black as can be since I was 9, but the time only about 4 cups a day.

Btw coffee is just as bad for you as tea, this for the people who think tea is healthier.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 17:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@haddonfield, granuals isn't real coffee imo. That's instant coffee and is crap. The English really don't know shit about coffee.

Oh btw Starbuck's is crap as well. It's a shame that people actually dare and call that chain good. Their espresso is even weaker than the normal coffee I make at home and get here everywhere.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 17:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Listen to Marcel everybody, he knows what he's talking about!
----
09.10.2009 - 17:53
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 17:47

@haddonfield, granuals isn't real coffee imo. That's instant coffee and is crap. The English really don't know shit about coffee.

I agree, the English know fuck all about most foods and drink, they think pakistani take away pizzas are just as good as Italian ones or a cheap Australian wine that costs £4 is as good as a good ?15 St. Emillion??? Anyway, back in France I mostly used the perculator and that's probably the item I miss the most, a real coffee after waking up is one of the best things you can have in life. My mam's bought this new Nescafe Espresso, it's not granuals but fine powder and it's much nicer than the average granuals and can actually be drank black without being disgusting. I can't wait to get back to France to drink some real stuff though.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
09.10.2009 - 18:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 09.10.2009 at 17:53

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 17:47

I agree, the English know fuck all about most foods and drink, they think pakistani take away pizzas are just as good as Italian ones or a cheap Australian wine that costs £4 is as good as a good ?15 St. Emillion??? Anyway, back in France I mostly used the perculator and that's probably the item I miss the most, a real coffee after waking up is one of the best things you can have in life. My mam's bought this new Nescafe Espresso, it's not granuals but fine powder and it's much nicer than the average granuals and can actually be drank black without being disgusting. I can't wait to get back to France to drink some real stuff though.

I knwo I shouldn't say this to you *runs away and hides behind a wall* but French wines are the most overrated wines in the world and most Australian and South African wines are far better.
*waits to be stoned and shot*

But back to coffee... at least 95% of Dutch home have at least one percolator present. For most people here it's a means of survival.

What I do when I get up is... put on metal, switch on the percolator, shower, dress, fetch the paper, pour cup of coffee and drink that one, then have breakfast with about two cups of coffee.
So ALWAYS have one cup before breakfast.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 18:12
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 18:03

I knwo I shouldn't say this to you *runs away and hides behind a wall* but French wines are the most overrated wines in the world and most Australian and South African wines are far better.

But back to coffee... at least 95% of Dutch home have at least one percolator present. For most people here it's a means of survival.

What I do when I get up is... put on metal, switch on the percolator, shower, dress, fetch the paper, pour cup of coffee and drink that one, then have breakfast with about two cups of coffee.
So ALWAYS have one cup before breakfast.

I agree most French wines are overrated but a few like the Pomerol, St. Emillion or Chateau d'Estaf (I think it's spelt like that) are just unbeatable. Australia, South Africa and even California have good wines but the cheap Jacob's Creek, Blossom Hill and co. are nowhere near as good as the above mentionned. I remember my mam saying that a J.P. Chenet (crap french wine) was better than a good, fine tasting ?10 bordeaux, I almost strangled her. My father worked as cellar manager in a 4 star hotel in Manchester when I was a kid, he used to go to wine fairs in order to select the best wines for the prestigious hotel guests. He told me the best wine he has ever tasted was Chillian.

France is probably the same as Holland, 95 to 100% of households having a perculator, just doubt 95% of dutch switch metal music on first thing in the morning
----

09.10.2009 - 18:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 09.10.2009 at 18:12

I agree most French wines are overrated but a few like the Pomerol, St. Emillion or Chateau d'Estaf (I think it's spelt like that) are just unbeatable. Australia, South Africa and even California have good wines but the cheap Jacob's Creek, Blossom Hill and co. are nowhere near as good as the above mentionned. I remember my mam saying that a J.P. Chenet (crap french wine) was better than a good, fine tasting ?10 bordeaux, I almost strangled her. My father worked as cellar manager in a 4 star hotel in Manchester when I was a kid, he used to go to wine fairs in order to select the best wines for the prestigious hotel guests. He told me the best wine he has ever tasted was Chillian.

France is probably the same as Holland, 95 to 100% of households having a perculator, just doubt 95% of dutch switch metal music on first thing in the morning

PLease don't mention J.P. Chenet, that plonk gives me a Chateau Migraine just thinking about it. Used to drink loads of it during University cause it was the cheapest around

BAout switching on metal first thing in the morning/afternoon/whenever I wake, I doubt even 0.01% of Dutch households do that
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 18:29
Jan
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 18:03

I agree totally - I avoid the stuff like the plague. Give me a nice overseas or even better, Italian anyday. (Amarone are just an amazing wine - I usally buy that on the rare occasions that I buy wine - usually I'm more of a microbrew & single malt guy.)

Back to coffee: I start my morning by a few cups of black coffee, made on a coffeemaker. During the day a few mugs are inhaled also.

I am not a fan of instant - I usually drop in a healthy dollop of milk to make it somewhat drinkable.
09.10.2009 - 18:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Jan on 09.10.2009 at 18:29

...usually I'm more of a microbrew & single malt guy.)

I am more of a microbrew & single malt guy myself.

You can wake me up for a great microbrew any time of the night.
Btw, went to the European Beer Festival 2008 at the Carlsberg Breweries in Copenhagen. I have to admit you Danish have some of the best microbrews around (last count was 90 breweries) and make great stouts and porters.
Last weekend I had probably one of the most extreme bitter beers ever. It was an American one called Hop 15 which consisted of 15 different sorts of hops and was 10% but somehow was incredibly refreshing.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 18:42
tulkas
el parcero
Here we don't drink much tea, but we do drink a lot of coffee. But clear it up, here we call it coffee when it is with milk, but when it's just the regular black coffee, we call it tinto. I like both, but I mostly drink coffee. Tinto I only drink when I arrive early to the university and it's extremely cold. Both coffee and tinto I drink it with three spoons of sugar, I like it really sweet. Same with tea. Though I don't drink it much, I still like it a lot, and when I have it, I have it with milk and also 3 sugars.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.10.2009 - 18:54
Ragana
Rawrcat
I drink the real, natural coffee since age 15. Before that I usually drank the granulated one 'cause I thought the other one is not tasty - that it only smells good, but I surely was wrong. Now I drink the granulated coffee only when I have absolutely no time to enjoy drinking coffee and I want to get caffeine in my blood more quickly. Since I have a low blood pressure, I can drink pretty much anything what consists of caffeine. It usually doesn't affect me.
I like my coffee very strong but I always add some milk and approximately one teaspoon of sugar to make it a bit milder. A strange fact is that I usually drink coffee in evenings because I have no time for breakfast, so I skip the coffee drinking time as well. I like to read a book in my bed, drink coffee and eat some tasty truffles or chocolate. ^___^

If we're talking about tea, I prefer the natural tea I can get only by going to some meadow (like peppermint tea) or search for linden trees (linden tea) because the peppermint tea you buy tastes really awful and so does linden - the best way is to search for it on your own if you can. They both are teas I prefer to drink in Autumn and Winter, they give me the right feeling, especially when I add some honey instead of sugar (though, I usually drink tea without sugar). I also like the black tea or earl grey which, I suppose, is the same English breakfast tea and is freaking tasty.
09.10.2009 - 19:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@ragana yeah linden tea is awesome, especially the type my grandmother used to make, getting the leaves and little fruits, boiling them and stuff, it was pretty damn good if i recall correctly, shame you can only pick those in the late spring/summer time(at least around here).
09.10.2009 - 19:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
Well, that's the way you get the original linden tea - dry the leaves & blossoms and use it as tea. Tasty and VERY healthy.
True, they're available only when the summer ends (spring is not the real time when to pick up leaves for tea) but that's why you should remind yourself to pick those blossoms so you could drink some natural tea.
09.10.2009 - 19:23
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 19:14

Well, that's the way you get the original linden tea - dry the leaves & blossoms and use it as tea. Tasty and VERY healthy.
True, they're available only when the summer ends (spring is not the real time when to pick up leaves for tea) but that's why you should remind yourself to pick those blossoms so you could drink some natural tea.

In france that isn't tea, it's called an "infusion", tea is only made from tea leaves (there are multiple kinds), I don't like tea or infusions but I've actually tasted a fresh infusion (I didn't lke it though), made from mint leaves. It's funny coffee is the only drink I can drink hot. Everything else has to be very well chilled. I do like Iced Tea though, probably because it is iced.
----

09.10.2009 - 19:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 09.10.2009 at 19:23

In france that isn't tea, it's called an "infusion", tea is only made from tea leaves (there are multiple kinds),

I just wanted to say more or less the same. Btw, t's not only in France that that isn't tea. Anywhere in the world that isn't tea. Like you said: "tea is only made from tea leaves" and the tea shrubs don't grow in any European countries (as far as I know) You'll only find the tea plants/shrubs in the tropics at a high altitude.
For the exact low down on what tea is please go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 19:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Strong black coffe from 3 to 20 times per day well my record is 19 but I wanna earch 20
strong , black no milk n sugar same whit tea strong
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2009 - 19:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Of course, there isn't any Ceylon tea plantations in Latvia but there are peppermints. Fresh peppermint tea actually is my favourite.
Ah, well then yes, but we're not calling it anything else but tea.

And yeah, I can't drink anything hot as well. My coffee almost all the time is cold (mostly because I forget that I have made it and have left in the kitchen to cool down... in the end everything's cold).
09.10.2009 - 19:53
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 19:45

Strong black coffe from 3 to 20 times per day well my record is 19 but I wanna earch 20

But tea isn't that strong, well, not as much as coffee. If you want something strong, you take coffee, but if you want something tasty and stuff like that, then tea is the thing.
----
09.10.2009 - 19:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 19:49

Of course, there isn't any Ceylon tea plantations in Latvia but there are peppermints. Fresh peppermint tea actually is my favourite.

And yeah, I can't drink anything hot as well. My coffee almost all the time is cold (mostly because I forget that I have made it and have left in the kitchen to cool down... in the end everything's cold).

Read the link I posted and you'll sea peppermint tea is NOT tea. Tea can only be made from a certain type of plant. Athough the preparation is the same it is called different. Pouring boiling water over peppermint, hibiscus, other flowers does not make it tea
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2009 - 20:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
Coffee also is tasty "and stuff". XD

Yadda yadda, I opened it, Marcel. And I read the first line where it was said that tea is something made from leaves of... some plant which name I don't remember but I fully understood what it means, ya' know. Peppermint tea is and will be peppermint tea no matter what's said there - I refuse to call it infusion or smth. But yea, I understood the difference.
09.10.2009 - 20:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 09.10.2009 at 19:53

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 19:45

But tea isn't that strong, well, not as much as coffee. If you want something strong, you take coffee, but if you want something tasty and stuff like that, then tea is the thing.

deepend show much you put te ain cup

I forgot say COFFE WHIT WHSIKY I drink it to sometimes and offen in school, because its only way how can you get booze into stomack
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2009 - 20:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Or coffee with amaretto or rum. But you can't drink much of it otherwise it'll start to taste horribly.
09.10.2009 - 20:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
----
09.10.2009 - 20:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 19:59

Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 19:49

Read the link I posted and you'll sea peppermint tea is NOT tea. Tea can only be made from a certain type of plant. Athough the preparation is the same it is called different. Pouring boiling water over peppermint, hibiscus, other flowers does not make it tea

so what it tastes good

call it "radioactive diarrhea" for all i care, if the taste is great, it stays great.
09.10.2009 - 21:06
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 20:16

Or coffee with amaretto or rum. But you can't drink much of it otherwise it'll start to taste horribly.

I've tried coffee with amaretto, whiskey and colombian Aguardiente, but I didn't like it, with either. Maybe with amaretto, but I prefer coffee with nothing.
----
09.10.2009 - 21:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Well, yeah, I prefer teh mortal people's coffee as well.