Metal Storm logo
How do you take your coffee/tea?

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 09.10.2009 - 16:44
This is probably one of the most asked questions throughout the world everyday, whenever you go round somebody's and they offer you a hot drink, this question pops up. Well how do you take your coffee/tea?

I personally like to have my coffee strong preferably from a perculator but if granuals, like most people use here in England, it would need to be at least a spoon and a half. I have two sugars and depending on the coffee decide whether to add milk or not. I do not drink tea.
19.10.2009 - 21:25
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 21:21

Written by Haddonfield on 19.10.2009 at 20:20

Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 19:43

Baz, so you're saying you're not British? All British people drink tea everyday, don't they? :<

No, tea is gross.

Is not. :/ And that... how did you call it... emm... substance made from (other) plants' leaves (+boiled H2O) is good as well. Well, you HAVE to drink something healthy from time to time. You can't live just by drinking coffee (okay, I'm lying).

Milk and fruit juice is also healthy and doesn't taste like horrible tea or infusions,

EDIT: Oh and then there's simple plain H2O too.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
19.10.2009 - 21:35
Ragana
Rawrcat
Pffft, you can also drink the fake juice and that's not good anymore. I mean, there was concentrate... or nectar (I might be wrong but there was juice which just pretended to be juice :/) and there was teh real juice.

...myeah. H2O is not much of an option, ya' know...
19.10.2009 - 21:44
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 21:35

Pffft, you can also drink the fake juice and that's not good anymore. I mean, there was concentrate... or nectar (I might be wrong but there was juice which just pretended to be juice :/) and there was teh real juice.

...myeah. H2O is not much of an option, ya' know...

Yep, you have real (good for you juice) and the fake (bad for you juice), for example that horrible Sunny Delight that's so sweet it instantly eats your teeth away. I only like water when it's proper chilled from the fridge.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
19.10.2009 - 21:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 21:21

Written by Haddonfield on 19.10.2009 at 20:20

Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 19:43

Baz, so you're saying you're not British? All British people drink tea everyday, don't they? :<

No, tea is gross.

Is not. :/ And that... how did you call it... emm... substance made from (other) plants' leaves (+boiled H2O) is good as well. Well, you HAVE to drink something healthy from time to time. You can't live just by drinking coffee (okay, I'm lying).

don't worry, he's French, he's allowed not to drink tea
19.10.2009 - 21:56
Ragana
Rawrcat
Myeah, Cappy Ice Fruit does the same and who gives a shit there's vitamin C in that drink. :/
IF I drink water, then I drink only mineral water or properly boiled water - I guess I have a very sensitive taste because I don't like water which is boiled in electric kettle, for me it tastes like it was mixed with some aspirin or smth (other people don't think it tastes bad, though).

I suppose it's better to not drink anything at all.

//Well, yeah, he's not British, but still, how come he can refuse to drink tea? ;s
19.10.2009 - 22:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 21:56

Myeah, Cappy Ice Fruit does the same and who gives a shit there's vitamin C in that drink. :/
IF I drink water, then I drink only mineral water or properly boiled water - I guess I have a very sensitive taste because I don't like water which is boiled in electric kettle, for me it tastes like it was mixed with some aspirin or smth (other people don't think it tastes bad, though).

//Well, yeah, he's not British, but still, how come he can refuse to drink tea? ;s

Well, here it is better to drink tapwater, cause here it superior to bottled mineral water.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2009 - 22:03
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Hey, I've said it before, I am British, I've double nationality, French and English at the same time. The French used to rip me because I didn't drink tea, they couldn't understand how an English guy couldn't drink the stuff. I think tea is a fanny's drink.
----

19.10.2009 - 22:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2009 at 22:02

Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 21:56

Well, here it is better to drink tapwater, cause here it superior to bottled mineral water.

so that's why it's so cheap huh? lol in Barcelona a 1.5 l bottle of sparkling mineral water was something like 0.3 euros the weird thing was, it actually was good.
19.10.2009 - 22:18
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2009 at 22:02

Well, yeah, same here - at least in my town it's very clear unlike in Riga where you can't drink it before boiling it. However, the taste of this water has changed. I used to drink this water but not so long time ago I realized the water is not as tasty as it was (I guess there is more Fe than it was before), so I boil it and then drink if I have no mineral water at home which is pretty rare.

Haddonfield, you just ruined my fun. :/ Okay then. But it's not like French don't drink tea at all, right? So you're different both ways - as French and as British.
19.10.2009 - 22:19
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ragana on 19.10.2009 at 22:18

Haddonfield, you just ruined my fun. :/ Okay then. But it's not like French don't drink tea at all, right? So you're different both ways - as French and as British.

Yep, but the French tend to drink it without milk and they prefer infusions. The English like their cheap teabags and milk.
----

20.10.2009 - 00:11
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
How do I take my coffee? Nice and hot... SPLASHED IN YOUR FACE!!! wha-wha-WHAT?! >:[
20.10.2009 - 03:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I like my coffee like i like my metal... black.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.10.2009 - 06:21
Strong tea, white coffee, one sugar for both. Something i look forward to when the weekend rolls round is a decent coffee, which is an attainable goal as we have an espresso machine. Even though I make fairly crap coffee, its so much better than instant it just livens up my day.

My grandfather routinely has 5 teaspoons of sugar in his coffee. Thought that was worth a mention.

What an odd thread...
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
25.10.2009 - 09:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
For both tea and coffee: Milk and 2 sugars (sweeteners). Though I don't like it too milky, so I only put a little bit of milk in.
25.10.2009 - 12:43
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.10.2009 at 09:38

(sweeteners)

Eeeewwwwww
----

25.10.2009 - 12:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 25.10.2009 at 12:43
Eeeewwwwww

I hated them at first as well. I got used to the taste eventually though.
25.10.2009 - 12:50
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.10.2009 at 12:48

Written by Haddonfield on 25.10.2009 at 12:43
Eeeewwwwww

I hated them at first as well. I got used to the taste eventually though.

I can't, even diet drinks taste foul to me. They even started putting sweetners in Smirnoff Ice which to my regrets made that drink unbearable.
----

25.10.2009 - 13:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 25.10.2009 at 12:50
I can't, even diet drinks taste foul to me. They even started putting sweetners in Smirnoff Ice which to my regrets made that drink unbearable.

I hate diet drinks too. I've tried diet coke and similar stuff, and it's horrid! I'd prefer it if I could drink those drinks, but I just can't. The taste is foul.
25.10.2009 - 13:06
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 20.10.2009 at 03:58

I'm with Craig here (except on the metal part). Coffee is best served black. Putting milk and/or sugar in is just for people who doesn't like coffee, but won't admit it

Tea is just boiled water with some colour. The only way to make tea taste of something is by pouring a truckload of sugar or honey in it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.10.2009 - 19:19
tulkas
el parcero
Written by GT on 25.10.2009 at 13:06

I'm with Craig here (except on the metal part). Coffee is best served black. Putting milk and/or sugar in is just for people who doesn't like coffee, but won't admit it

Not necessarily. I like it black, but not all the time. I take it with milk sometimes because I like the taste. I drink it black when I need to pick myself up at university, or when it's extremely cold. The thing is that I've sort of become "immune" to caffeine, maybe because I had been drinking coffee since I was a kid But I still like it a lot, both black and with milk, and colombian coffee is really good
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
25.10.2009 - 20:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 25.10.2009 at 13:06

Tea is just boiled water with some colour. The only way to make tea taste of something is by pouring a truckload of sugar or honey in it

i like my tea like i don't like my metal... raw and black.

i don't really get you people who drink coffee with tons of sugar/milk. it's not like you're forced to have coffee even though you don't like it, unless of course you return late home in the night, blood is all around you from the fight, you see all the blood spilled on the ground, and there's no trace of the orcs to be found. then i strongly suggest you take a broadsword in your hand and follow the orcs to their camp find something healthier to help you freshen up, since the #1 reason for drinking coffee(it tastes good, getting a fresh start in the day is just a silly excuse and you know it ) is voided.
26.10.2009 - 20:50
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

You drink Smirnoff Ice? I don't even think that stuff could make my cat tipsy.
26.10.2009 - 20:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.10.2009 at 20:50

I used to before they replaced the sugar with sweetners. Sometimes drinking isn't just about getting pissed, you're still young, you'll learn
----

26.10.2009 - 22:57
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 26.10.2009 at 20:54

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.10.2009 at 20:50

I used to before they replaced the sugar with sweetners. Sometimes drinking isn't just about getting pissed, you're still young, you'll learn

I said tipsy, not shit-faced. ;P What other reason is there to drink an alcoholic beverage if you don't plan on AT LEAST getting tipsy? The thing with Smirnoff Ice is that you might as well just drink a soda... It's cheaper.
29.10.2009 - 03:49
Vent
It would be so awesome to say 'the coffee i drink would make your eyes bleed it's so strong'.... but i really love coffee with soy and that pumpkin spice stuff from starbucks. with foam! o.o
29.10.2009 - 04:26
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Vent on 29.10.2009 at 03:49

It would be so awesome to say 'the coffee i drink would make your eyes bleed it's so strong'.... but i really love coffee with soy and that pumpkin spice stuff from starbucks. with foam! o.o

Coffee with soy and pumpkin spice!!?? I do not even want to think about that. Sorry, it just sounds... not good at all
----
29.10.2009 - 20:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by tulkas on 29.10.2009 at 04:26

Coffee with soy and pumpkin spice!!?? I do not even want to think about that. Sorry, it just sounds... not good at all

My thoughts exactly! Ewww!
29.10.2009 - 23:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am drinking tea (fruit flavors and with honey) as "common drink", which means about 2 liters per day, sometimes even more...

and about coffee - i like when there is lot of milk and lot of sugar in it and have at least one cup almost every day too...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.11.2009 - 19:26
Vent
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.10.2009 at 20:46

Written by tulkas on 29.10.2009 at 04:26

My thoughts exactly! Ewww!

hmm, usually people get sqeamish at the soy??
seriously though, as if it would actually taste like spices, it's starbucks.
02.11.2009 - 22:48
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Vent on 02.11.2009 at 19:26

hmm, usually people get sqeamish at the soy??
seriously though, as if it would actually taste like spices, it's starbucks.

But doesn't Starbucks suck when it comes to coffee? I wouldn't know because here in Colombia we have Juan Valdéz, which is great, but about Starbucks I've heard people say that their coffee is hideous, and that people drink it because of the brand.
----