Metal Storm logo
How do you take your coffee/tea?

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 09.10.2009 - 16:44
This is probably one of the most asked questions throughout the world everyday, whenever you go round somebody's and they offer you a hot drink, this question pops up. Well how do you take your coffee/tea?

I personally like to have my coffee strong preferably from a perculator but if granuals, like most people use here in England, it would need to be at least a spoon and a half. I have two sugars and depending on the coffee decide whether to add milk or not. I do not drink tea.
24.04.2016 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.04.2016 at 10:51

Coffee: Usually black. Sometimes with milk if I don't want it too strong but always without sugar.
Tea: I like it strong too so I leave the teabag there the whole time. No sugar unless it's honey and a bit of lemon doesn't hurt either.

same like me just no milk, it sucks
and in last 2 years I drink only at home, maybe when I have kebab rulle I can have coffee, if its included in price, few places it is not here
I never drink coffee outside anymore, 4 years ago in Luleå it was sek 15 ... now 30 O think way to expensive to pay ... well komvux cafe still its cheap but no thanks
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.04.2016 - 13:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 24.04.2016 at 13:05
and in last 2 years I drink only at home, maybe when I have kebab rulle I can have coffee, if its included in price, few places it is not here
I never drink coffee outside anymore, 4 years ago in Luleå it was sek 15 ... now 30 O think way to expensive to pay ... well komvux cafe still its cheap but no thanks

I get free coffee at the hospital. The staff at the hospital MUST get coffee in order to survive.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.04.2016 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.04.2016 at 13:12

Written by Bad English on 24.04.2016 at 13:05

I get free coffee at the hospital. The staff at the hospital MUST get coffee in order to survive.

I and slowing down additions, I have no isndie need drink coffee outside home
I did drunk at work, because sek 120 and food and 'fika'' is for free, I overdosed coffee strong at night shifts, rare day shifts I was dizy , head was spinning, so I stopped do it at summers heat
I feel better same whit food,kebab rule and pizza like 4 times per week, now its 1 per month and same whit dagens lunch ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.07.2016 - 19:15
Ernis
狼獾
The coffee's black and strong (Turkish, Italian, or made in the cup)... I melt a chocolate bar in it...
24.07.2016 - 02:56
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 23.07.2016 at 19:15

I melt a chocolate bar in it...

Got to be good for ya
24.07.2016 - 09:13
Ernis
狼獾
Oh yep, it's nice. Need to be careful not to overdose on sugars tho...
24.07.2016 - 09:26
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 24.07.2016 at 09:13

Oh yep, it's nice. Need to be careful not to overdose on sugars tho...

Don't worry, sometimes i take a flask of coffee to work and dip a whole packet of gingernuts into my coffee throughout the day.
24.07.2016 - 11:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
My tea has to be masala tea.
29.08.2016 - 02:47
Metren
Dreadrealm
Coffee with a bit of cream, no sugar, since I am trying to lose weight. I pretty much never drink tea, it's not really my cup of... umm... not sure how to finish that sentence now.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
30.08.2016 - 04:24
redmonde
Coffee is always with bit of cream and sometimes black.
05.10.2016 - 01:45
I like cream and tons of sugar in my coffee...is to bitter if you leave it black with no sweet stuff...
09.10.2016 - 22:13
Nyarlatothep
Coffea, always black.
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
10.10.2016 - 15:57
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I love my tea with spices especially with cinnamon and something else that I don't know what it's called in English, with saffron candies in it.
----
The Fangirl.
10.10.2016 - 16:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Depends on how, when and for what I am drinking. If just to energize, I'd take plain tea. But if I'm feeling a bit of headache I'd take with cinnamon and masala for any throat/cold issues. I also drastically reduced my coffee intake after reading much that tea is indeed healthier than coffee. But it seems to be an unresolved topic still.
10.10.2016 - 20:15
no one
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 10.10.2016 at 16:32

Depends on how, when and for what I am drinking. If just to energize, I'd take plain tea. But if I'm feeling a bit of headache I'd take with cinnamon and masala for any throat/cold issues. I also drastically reduced my coffee intake after reading much that tea is indeed healthier than coffee. But it seems to be an unresolved topic still.

Yeah i'm not sure how true that is. I'm also not even sure green tea is better for you than coffee from something i read. They both have different nutritional values that are benefiting, but they are both good for you. Coffee just has more caffeine which can be a negative thing for some people.
13.10.2016 - 13:45
Cy Nide
I like to start my mornings with black coffee and black metal.
14.10.2016 - 21:29
Haddock666
Coffee with milk and sugar, I used to use also cream but for health reasons I stopped using it. I don't use any additives when drinking tea, usually green tea.
19.10.2016 - 15:05
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Crimson Maiden on 05.10.2016 at 01:45

I like cream and tons of sugar in my coffee...is to bitter if you leave it black with no sweet stuff...

An espresso on its own, without any sugar nor cream, can be a little bitter but some chocolate or a cake to accompany the cup, and you're in heaven... I can't imagine having coffee with sugar any more (with milk, yes...) but sugar, for me, ruins the experience...
19.10.2016 - 20:21
no one
Account deleted
I don't think I have ever come across coffee and cream in nz.
20.10.2016 - 23:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Same here. We only take it with milk. Never with cream, although I might try it just for the sake of checking how it tastes.
21.10.2016 - 08:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The consumption of coffee in Jammu is less than tea. What people prefer here is Kahwah.

It keeps you warm, energetic and puts you away from flues/viruses as well.
21.10.2016 - 09:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.10.2016 at 08:15

The consumption of coffee in Jammu is less than tea. What people prefer here is Kahwah.

It keeps you warm, energetic and puts you away from flues/viruses as well.

Sounds nice.
13.11.2016 - 01:39
jadis40
I like my coffee with either hazelnut or french vanilla flavoring. And I recently bought a coffee grinder, so I can grind my own beans. In my opinion, it tastes much better than the pre-ground stuff.
15.11.2016 - 11:16
IronAngel
In Finland, cream is traditionally a fancier alternative to milk. At parties (like weddings, graduation etc.) there's typically cream available for your milk. Some cafés also serve it, but milk is the standard. It makes it fuller and greasier, of course. Personally, if it's available, I like to add a bit of cream and top it with milk so that it's lighter. (At home I don't use cream, it's expensive and I'd get fat!) I hate black coffee, so I add milk with at least a 1:1 ratio.

To clarify, Finnish coffee is filter coffee. Nowadays you can get actual espresso-based coffee from most cafés, few people have the expensive machines at home. I have a Bialetti moka pot for a similar coffee, but usually we drink filter coffee. I do drink good espresso black, occasionally.
15.01.2017 - 04:38
Ernis
狼獾
Written by IronAngel on 15.11.2016 at 11:16

To clarify, Finnish coffee is filter coffee. Nowadays you can get actual espresso-based coffee from most cafés, few people have the expensive machines at home. I have a Bialetti moka pot for a similar coffee, but usually we drink filter coffee. I do drink good espresso black, occasionally.

I have had filter coffee but I find it too light. I normally use a Bialetti pot at home while at work I make it straight in the cup... it's gotta be strong for me. On the other hand, this single cup of pretty strong coffe is completely enough for the entire day. I kinda have the impression that coffee in Nordic countries tends to be really light. Ground coffee such as Löfbergs Lila, Kulta Katriina, Paulig etc. tend to be rather coarse so you won't be able to extract the max out of it anyway whereas in Italy you'd grind it as finely as possible.
20.01.2017 - 19:00
IronAngel
Written by Ernis on 15.01.2017 at 04:38

I kinda have the impression that coffee in Nordic countries tends to be really light.

In comparison to Italian coffee, yeah. Compared to the "Americano" you can get in Italy, where they add water to the espresso after the fact(!!), it's fuller. I've never actually had coffee made in the pot/cup so I can't compare. (Basically you pour the water over the stuff like you would tea?)

But to be fair, how strong the filtered coffee is depends a lot on how much of it you put in the filter. Some people put in so little that it almost looks like black tea, i.e. it's slightly transparent. But you can also make it pretty strong. It's never as full/thick and pleasant in texture as espresso, though (which I suppose has some of the finely ground coffee seeped into the water). I guess what makes it better to coffee made straight in the pot, in theory anyway, is that since the ground coffee stays out of the drink itself, it doesn't get bitter as it stands a while.
27.01.2017 - 11:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by IronAngel on 20.01.2017 at 19:00

I've never actually had coffee made in the pot/cup so I can't compare. (Basically you pour the water over the stuff like you would tea?)

We had a filter machine in my previous office. I tried it but the result was pretty bland for me, not to mention the hassle with the filter and the jug etc...
The way I do it is just pour boiling water straight on ground coffee in the cup and then whisk it with a spoon until I get the final result that is a beautiful opaque black drink with thick dark golden foam... I normally use three to five heaped spoonfuls of coffee per one cup. The finer the grind the better because it means much better absorption and the coffee grounds sink straight to the bottom of the cup partly binding with water on the way down. Coarsely ground beans don't yield such a buzz and tend to float in the cup because they are less dense than water. Italian coffee pot works in a similar way as an espresso machine but in reverse (the steam originates from below and pushes through the coffee above; the pressure is lower so you don't need to squish the coffee densely into the funnel as baristas do with espresso machines) and a Turkish coffee put is similar to "in cup" style but with putting coffee into cold water and then slowly bringing it close to the boiling point (not really to boil because that would result in a burnt taste)... results in a spectacularly nice foam and super black and strong cup plus even better absorption...
17.07.2017 - 03:35
Blackface
I take my coffee black (Just like my metal) with no sugar. I use a lovely blend, which makes me feel enlightened.
07.09.2017 - 13:36
JasonR
I am a real coffee lover. 3-5 times coffee for me is most important per day.
19.09.2017 - 19:19
darkthrone
Black like my metal ha ha