Metal Storm logo
Old fart Metalstormers (The 45+ crowd)

Original post

Posted by Derwood, 13.10.2009 - 02:12
I know there are more of us here than Marcel and I... (I'm looking at you Lord Regnier and BitterCOld)

I figured we could use a thread of our own to discuss those things that are a concern to us aging metalheads, like actually buying albums and reminiscing about the scenes we grew up on and other things of little interest to all these young whippersnappers that are overrunning this place.

So...how many of us can still pull off the long hair without a hat? I know I'm out.
13.10.2010 - 13:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guib on 13.10.2010 at 05:52
Ouch... That is rude, saying that we (and yes by we I mean the "Kids") listen to Korn is actually pretty fucking rude.
We might not have all the knowledge a 40+ old fart has... but we still understand what good music is !!
And no im not being defensive... im upset with the way you generalized it

Besides, I can post here if I want as long as I talk about you guys the "old people" of MS.
We all know old people wants and/or need attention anyways (Talk about generalizing)
But yeah that doesn't mean we don't appreciate our ancestors ...

Oh btw my grand parents are dead... finally found people who can relate
hahaha

He was being sarcastic, nitwit.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.10.2010 - 01:55
I_Die_Often
Written by vezzy on 13.10.2010 at 13:43

Ouch... That is rude, saying that we (and yes by we I mean the "Kids") listen to Korn is actually pretty fucking rude.
We might not have all the knowledge a 40+ old fart has... but we still understand what good music is !!

Besides, I can post here if I want as long as I talk about you guys the "old people" of MS.
We all know old people wants and/or need attention anyways (Talk about generalizing)

hahaha

Vezzy! You beat me to it!!!
Guib, when you were 5, I went to see a very young band called KORN, they had an unknown band called Limp Bizkit with them...
See, even I like KORN
I'm proud to be one of the older folks on here and still down in the pits throwing you "punk kids" around!
See me at a show and I'll put you up and surf your ass! (I'm the tall bald guy)
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
14.10.2010 - 08:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by I_Die_Often on 14.10.2010 at 01:55

hahaha

Vezzy! You beat me to it!!!
Guib, when you were 5, I went to see a very young band called KORN, they had an unknown band called Limp Bizkit with them...
See, even I like KORN
I'm proud to be one of the older folks on here and still down in the pits throwing you "punk kids" around!
See me at a show and I'll put you up and surf your ass! (I'm the tall bald guy)

Thats just great im the small hairy guy !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.10.2010 - 15:08
JD
Account deleted

hahaha

Haha your stupid posts always make me laugh, seriously how old are you Vezzy 600 kelo? wahaha
14.10.2010 - 15:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by [user id=28526] on 14.10.2010 at 15:08

Haha your stupid posts always make me laugh, seriously how old are you Vezzy 600 kelo? wahaha

600... kelo?

Care to explain the meaning of the word?
----
14.10.2010 - 15:35
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 14.10.2010 at 15:33

Written by [user id=28526] on 14.10.2010 at 15:08

600... kelo?

Care to explain the meaning of the word?

I meant 600 Year
14.10.2010 - 15:36
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by [user id=28526] on 14.10.2010 at 15:35

I meant 600 Year

Please refrain from mixing up your languages next time.
----
14.10.2010 - 15:41
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 14.10.2010 at 15:36

I meant 600 Year

Oky, but still you didn't answer so that's interesting...
14.10.2010 - 15:59
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I could use an old farts advice now. i'm starting to have hearing problems.. not severe yet, but i think i might be somehow young for that kinda shit.. so, is it normal for a metalhead my age to have hearing problems ?
should i start using earplugs when i practice guitar at home and when at gigs (and look like a dork) lol ?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
15.10.2010 - 00:25
I_Die_Often
Written by Zombie on 14.10.2010 at 15:59

I could use an old farts advice now. i'm starting to have hearing problems.. not severe yet, but i think i might be somehow young for that kinda shit.. so, is it normal for a metalhead my age to have hearing problems ?
should i start using earplugs when i practice guitar at home and when at gigs (and look like a dork) lol ?

I've started to wear plugs to shows now, tired of the ears ringing for a couple days after, and a lot of the shows sound better while wearing them I swear!
Many bands wear them since they do this every nite.
If their good enough for Devin Townsend, their good enough for me!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
15.10.2010 - 06:59
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=28526] on 14.10.2010 at 15:41

Written by vezzy on 14.10.2010 at 15:36

I meant 600 Year

Oky, but still you didn't answer so that's interesting...

Don't worry -_- Vezzy's a troll LOL
Not always, but most of the time
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
15.10.2010 - 14:12
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guib on 15.10.2010 at 06:59

You suddenly come out of nowhere and bombard the forum and now you're beginning to make assumptions about me already.
----
15.10.2010 - 18:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
This what happens when youngtsres invade our sacred thread. Spam posts pop up. Hence me mising Zombie's legitimate post/question on ear plugs and such.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2010 - 18:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by vezzy on 15.10.2010 at 14:12

Written by Guib on 15.10.2010 at 06:59

You suddenly come out of nowhere and bombard the forum and now you're beginning to make assumptions about me already.

well technically ive been there for quite a while... you trolled some coments I did, not in an extreme way... but trolling ain't always extreme, it can just be Sarcasm. Don't take it bad, I didn't mean to offend you in any way, I was joking more than anything else
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.10.2010 - 14:14
GT
Coffee!!
Staff

Honestly I think you should. Because if first your hearing is damaged there's nothing to do about it. And looking like a dork for wearing those small yellow/orange/green things? No one will notice those. Another option would be to cash out and buy some professional ones that are almost see-through. I've started using plugs since a Megadeth concert that made me hear ringing for a good 3 weeks. Luckily it stopped.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.10.2010 - 14:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 19.10.2010 at 14:14

Honestly I think you should. Because if first your hearing is damaged there's nothing to do about it. And looking like a dork for wearing those small yellow/orange/green things? No one will notice those. Another option would be to cash out and buy some professional ones that are almost see-through. I've started using plugs since a Megadeth concert that made me hear ringing for a good 3 weeks. Luckily it stopped.

yeah i concur with that, and i'm not even an old fart

plus, if you have long hair and shove the little things waay inside deep and comfy(this should also work with short hair), i guarantee you no-one will notice. it can be difficult to talk to people with them on though.
19.10.2010 - 17:42
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
@ Valentin: nah, fuck people ... when i'm at a show i wanna listen to music not listen to my friends !! lol
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
20.10.2010 - 15:34
Gorgon
33... two years to go. But lots of white hairs are popping up, maybe that helps with the application as old fart
11.11.2010 - 12:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Last Sunday once again noticed that being old does come with a downside... namely those incredibly long and spirit and soul crushing hangovers.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2010 - 12:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2010 at 12:39

Last Sunday once again noticed that being old does come with a downside... namely those incredibly long and spirit and soul crushing hangovers.

what hangower has to do whit age?
I have it to, long, anoying, epic since I start drink alcvohol, when I drink to much I have hangover
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.11.2010 - 12:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.11.2010 at 12:48

I have it to, long, anoying, epic since I start drink alcvohol, when I drink to much I have hangover

When you are younger you recover more quickly. When I was 25 I could drink all day and night, get two hours of sleep an feel totally reviatlised after the sleep.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2010 - 12:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2010 at 12:50

When you are younger you recover more quickly. When I was 25 I could drink all day and night, get two hours of sleep an feel totally reviatlised after the sleep.

This is weird, but it dont works for me, 8-10 h sleep I need it and also I need day time sleep in day like siesta once per week to feel OK, all starts after 22 , before I could drink, not sleep, etc now after drinking I need sleep, and longer better,
All says its not normal, I know, but I have it some 3 years now, besides if I dont sleep, it feels there no oxigen in my lungs and someone starngling me
If Im not drinking I can be up 16-20 h and have 8-9 h sleep to be OK again
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2010 - 10:58
Himann
Orm KrigGud

I'm 25 but I cant drink like a maniac like I used to. When I'm in Norway I can do that but down here in Sri Lanka (where I am now), its a different story. This hot climate makes a similar quantity of alcohol hit you a bit harder than it does in a colder climate so I need at least 6 hours minimum to recover from a heavy night+day of drinking.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 10:58

I'm 25 but I cant drink like a maniac like I used to. When I'm in Norway I can do that but down here in Sri Lanka (where I am now), its a different story. This hot climate makes a similar quantity of alcohol hit you a bit harder than it does in a colder climate so I need at least 6 hours minimum to recover from a heavy night+day of drinking.

What are you doung in Sri Lanka
I cant drink, 3 years ago I could work fisical job, now small fisical job and it feels there no oxigen at lunks
maybe something wrong whit my helath?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2010 - 13:06
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 12.11.2010 at 13:03

Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 10:58

What are you doung in Sri Lanka
I cant drink, 3 years ago I could work fisical job, now small fisical job and it feels there no oxigen at lunks
maybe something wrong whit my helath?

I work here man. Have been here for a while now.

I think you smoke too much lol..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 13:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 13:06

I dont smoke and never trooly smoked
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2010 - 13:20
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 12.11.2010 at 13:16

Really? Thats surprising. Than maybe its a fitness thing. Try to run in the mornings or go to the gym or something, it might help.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 13:20

Really? Thats surprising. Than maybe its a fitness thing. Try to run in the mornings or go to the gym or something, it might help.

Im not fat, but small fisical activity there no oxigen in lungs and somebody strangle me in chests , ok runing, playing football, no problems, but if I need use arms, carry crades, clean snow I be dead after 10min
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2010 - 13:41
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 12.11.2010 at 13:29

Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 13:20

Im not fat, but small fisical activity there no oxigen in lungs and somebody strangle me in chests , ok runing, playing football, no problems, but if I need use arms, carry crades, clean snow I be dead after 10min

No I didn't say you were fat. If you are used to physical activity and do it often then you will get better at it IMO.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 13:41

No I didn't say you were fat. If you are used to physical activity and do it often then you will get better at it IMO.

Maybe my fisical activiest droped 20% but still whole life I do same thinks, only last 2-3 years I feel so tired after any single fisical activity...maybe Im getting old ,D
----

apos;'
[image]