Metal Storm logo
Metallica with Dave Mustaine.

Original post

Posted by Hermann Langke, 25.10.2009 - 17:54
Metallica are the Holy Grail of Thrash Metal.Now we all know that,once,it also had Dave Mustaine in its ranks.Now I want to know where would have Metallica been now had the volatile but hyper-talented Mustaine still been around with them?

Poll

Where would Metallica be had Dave Mustaine still been a member?

They would have been even greater
Can't say
They would have gone down
They would have stayed the way they are

Total votes: 171
30.10.2009 - 13:40
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.10.2009 at 17:48

Written by Hermann Langke on 29.10.2009 at 16:52
Friedman was responsible and there is ample proof for it.

That is actually not entirely true. Marty wanted Megadeth's poppy stuff to being even more poppy, and he also wanted their heavier stuff to be much more heavier than it previously was. His latter wishes were not taken on board when it came to recording Risk. Also, Dave has his name on EVERY single writing credit on Risk and Cryptic Writings. I think anyone trying to point the finger at Marty and say it's all his fault when it's clear the final say on the band's direction lay with Dave, is just deluding themselves. Even if it was Marty's idea, Dave still went along with it, and why? Because he wanted a no.1 album, and to be more popular. Which ever way you look at it, Dave sold out, and that's it.

Dave also wanted to match Metallica and that's why the sound changed.But now-a-days Megadeth is heavier than Metallica.
30.10.2009 - 17:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Hermann Langke on 30.10.2009 at 13:40
Dave also wanted to match Metallica and that's why the sound changed.But now-a-days Megadeth is heavier than Metallica.

I do think that was a big reason for it, yes. I highly doubt that it was a coincidence that Megadeth's material became lighter and more melodic immediately after Metallica did it. Megadeth really got back to form with "The System Has Failed", which I actually regard as one of their best albums. As for Metallica, I love "Death Magnetic", it really is the best album they've put out since the 80's.
30.10.2009 - 19:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
It seems that we have just less ppl who are really fan of metallica ) just 7?
30.10.2009 - 23:13
Forget it man! We know Dave is the biggest arrogant in the whole world and Lars and James are couple of assholes, no way. Things happened the way they should.
31.10.2009 - 10:00
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.10.2009 at 17:13

Written by Hermann Langke on 30.10.2009 at 13:40

I do think that was a big reason for it, yes. I highly doubt that it was a coincidence that Megadeth's material became lighter and more melodic immediately after Metallica did it. Megadeth really got back to form with "The System Has Failed", which I actually regard as one of their best albums. As for Metallica, I love "Death Magnetic", it really is the best album they've put out since the 80's.

Death Magnetic is one of the best from Metallica's camp and System Has Failed was and is really good.
31.10.2009 - 18:13
There would not be Meagadeth that's for shore
02.11.2009 - 12:04
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Hermann Langke on 02.11.2009 at 10:20
I love Warbringer.They are War Metal.Have you seen Some Kind of Monster?
Could you please stop quoting every single thing that has been said between the two of you. Obviously a decent conversation is going on so you shouldn't need to use the quote button to notify them, but if so, kill everything except the outermost (quote) (/quote) bits because it's making the page terribly long and wide without even being relevant to the latest statements or questions.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.11.2009 - 12:07
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Syk on 02.11.2009 at 12:04

Written by Hermann Langke on 02.11.2009 at 10:20
I love Warbringer.They are War Metal.Have you seen Some Kind of Monster?
Could you please stop quoting every single thing that has been said between the two of you. Obviously a decent conversation is going on so you shouldn't need to use the quote button to notify them, but if so, kill everything except the outermost (quote) (/quote) bits because it's making the page terribly long and wide without even being relevant to the latest statements or questions.

I get it.I didn't quite notice it.Btw what do you feel about Mustaine with Metallica?
02.11.2009 - 12:14
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I don't really care. We got some great, some decent and some crap albums out of the split but it's all in the past and now there are many better things to consider. Vektor, Eidolon, Heathen, Agent Steel...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.11.2009 - 12:45
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Syk on 02.11.2009 at 12:14

I don't really care. We got some great, some decent and some crap albums out of the split but it's all in the past and now there are many better things to consider. Vektor, Eidolon, Heathen, Agent Steel...

I see.I like Heathen[/band]
02.11.2009 - 19:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha I haven't seen a forum page in such bad shape before. Learn how to quote correctly people!
----
02.11.2009 - 21:55
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 02.11.2009 at 19:56

Haha I haven't seen a forum page in such bad shape before. Learn how to quote correctly people!

the quoting gave me a headache, good Lord...:lol:

I'm surprised this thread is still going on. I don't understand why some people just couldn't let go this idea that if Mustaine had stayed with Metallica, things would have been better. There is still nothing that would lead to the idea that it could have been better. The fact that Mustaine co-wrote 6 songs during the 6 months he was with Metallica, it's just not enough.
03.11.2009 - 14:46
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps

Come on.This is exciting talk.
03.11.2009 - 16:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Okay I am deleting ALL the stretched out posts with the gazzilions of quotes in it. I will remain doing so until you guys quote properly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.11.2009 - 19:20
Thrash666
Wow everyone quit your fuckin bitching!!!!! Who gives a fuck if it isn;t done the right way. We are talking about Metallica and Mustaine not too much quoting. If it gives you a headache, go look at some other fourm.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
03.11.2009 - 20:16
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Thrash666 on 03.11.2009 at 19:20

Wow everyone quit your fuckin bitching!!!!! Who gives a fuck if it isn;t done the right way. We are talking about Metallica and Mustaine not too much quoting. If it gives you a headache, go look at some other fourm.

Well, with all that quoting not done right, one cannot even follow the discussion anymore, frankly speaking. Hence the bitching...
04.11.2009 - 09:07
Thrash666
Written by Guest on 03.11.2009 at 20:16

Well, with all that quoting not done right, one cannot even follow the discussion anymore, frankly speaking. Hence the bitching...

hmmmm alright i understand haha
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
04.11.2009 - 12:58
Brave
Sometimes i'm happy for Dave kicked out Metallica.
05.11.2009 - 13:56
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps

Wow now that's getting onto everyone's skins.I think we make a great Thrash team!
05.11.2009 - 13:59
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Guest on 02.11.2009 at 21:55

I'm surprised this thread is still going on. I don't understand why some people just couldn't let go this idea that if Mustaine had stayed with Metallica, things would have been better. There is still nothing that would lead to the idea that it could have been better. The fact that Mustaine co-wrote 6 songs during the 6 months he was with Metallica, it's just not enough.

Lol.I will give you a pill and that is watch the poll even more closely Metallica would be Led Zep with Mustaine.
05.11.2009 - 14:14
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.11.2009 at 16:05

Okay I am deleting ALL the stretched out posts with the gazzilions of quotes in it. I will remain doing so until you guys quote properly.

i get you
05.11.2009 - 14:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 13:59

Lol.I will give you a pill and that is watch the poll even more closely Metallica would be Led Zep with Mustaine.

Why? Because you and some other people say so?
----
05.11.2009 - 14:17
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Warman on 05.11.2009 at 14:15

Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 13:59

Why? Because you and some other people say so?

I think you should know it well.Just think of Metal without Metallica and the same without Mustaine.
05.11.2009 - 14:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 14:17

I think you should know it well.Just think of Metal without Metallica and the same without Mustaine.

I'm not saying anything, I love both Megadeth and Metallica. But Metallica did fine without Mustaine ("Master of Puppets" being one of my favourite albums and the song itself being my favourite song for seven years). There's no way we can know how the band would sound today if Mustaine was still in it.
Actually, I think it's good they kicked out Mustaine. Because without that, there would be no Megadeth. And I much rather have two great bands out there, than just one. Right?
----
05.11.2009 - 14:23
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Warman on 05.11.2009 at 14:20

Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 14:17

I'm not saying anything, I love both Megadeth and Metallica. But Metallica did fine without Mustaine ("Master of Puppets" being one of my favourite albums and the song itself being my favourite song for seven years). There's no way we can know how the band would sound today if Mustaine was still in it.
Actually, I think it's good they kicked out Mustaine. Because without that, there would be no Megadeth. And I much rather have two great bands out there, than just one. Right?

I agree with you.No Megadeth.But it would have been a double feast of Metallica's greatness with Megadeth's technicality.
05.11.2009 - 17:00
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

So you took "my headache" litteraly, you would have prefered me being rude?

Why compare Metallica (with Mustaine) with Led Zeppelin? From what perspective?

Instead of daydreaming with what could have been with Mustaine being in Metallica all the time, go listen to the Rust in Peace album and chill out...
05.11.2009 - 19:52
Thrash666
Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 13:56

Wow now that's getting onto everyone's skins.I think we make a great Thrash team!

haha THRASH TILL DEATH!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
06.11.2009 - 10:07
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Thrash666 on 05.11.2009 at 19:52

Written by Hermann Langke on 05.11.2009 at 13:56

haha THRASH TILL DEATH!!!!!!!

Do you have any Thrash Metal documentary.Cheers to our Thrash Team.
11.11.2009 - 09:32
Megadeth88
I'm kind of glad Hetfield kicked Mustaine out. If Mustaine was still with Metallica, then Megadeth wouldn't have formed.
12.11.2009 - 17:06
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Megadeth88 on 11.11.2009 at 09:32

I'm kind of glad Hetfield kicked Mustaine out. If Mustaine was still with Metallica, then Megadeth wouldn't have formed.

Everybody says the same thing.But I will opine that it would have been the technicality of 'Deth plus the brilliance of Metallica.