Metal Storm logo
Best traditional metal voice

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 09.08.2006 - 14:37
I vote for udo.the power he puts in his vocals is so uplifting(head over heels for example) and he's got some range there,i tells ya!
and don't forget to give an argument

Poll

which has the best voice?

Bruce Dickinson
Dio
Rob Halford
James Hetfield
other(specify)
Ozzy
Lemmy Kilmister
Dave Mustaine
Udo dirkschneider

Total votes: 323
23.10.2006 - 18:09
Hyvaarin
Written by Bad English on 28.08.2006 at 16:01

hep people where are Pino Scotto he was singer of Italian band Vanadium and his new band are Fire Trails and he is claisc and legend, he is I think grandfather of Italian metal
Alos Baron Rojo, Rata Blanca singer shood be here, we cant denau those vocalists also Peter Byford hope you know who is he, and Chris Boltendahl and Wolf Kaspereck too, where are thay why nobody dont mentiob those dudes?

Honestly, do you really expect any of those guys to be included? They may be good (though I wouldn't know, as I've not heard much by a lot of them ), but they're far too unspectacular to warrant an inclusion.

I voted for Rob. 'Victim of Changes', anyone?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
23.10.2006 - 18:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Hyvaarin - Yes thay shood be Pino are Italian Ozzy, like Baron Roje vocals, in ewery countr has simmilar man who are traditional metal granfather, and IMO Bon Scot shood be here too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.10.2006 - 08:23
Hyvaarin
Well, who would you vote for out of that list?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
06.11.2006 - 06:10
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deffinitely Bruce Dickinson. C'mon, he's Dickinson! I don't have to explain my vote!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.11.2006 - 16:39
Eight
Shapeshifter
Bruce and Lemmy are my favourites, as ?{Reinhardt}? sayd, no need to explain
But voted For Dickinson
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
27.11.2006 - 15:24
Bankler
Account deleted
Ronnie James DIo is best of them all, (Halford and Bruce Dickinkson is also very good vocalists.)
27.11.2006 - 16:49
FOOCK Nam
James Hetfield, I vote for him cuz his voice is very warm
29.11.2006 - 02:01
Bitch Boy
I voted Hetfield's, especially in ballads. Dickinson is also very good, but the best, for me, is Daniel Heiman (former vocalist of Lost Horizon).

By the way, I don't know what is Mustaine doing in that poll he's brilliant as a songwriter and as a guitarrist, but he voice is quite awful...
06.01.2007 - 13:09
matthioso
James Hetfield! His voice is incredible! maybe not showen on St. Anger, but live he still kicks ass . Hopefully we'll hear his good voice again on their next album.
----
www.seedofrock.be
07.01.2007 - 07:15
baldur
hm...... dickinson (maiden) maybe +13 greatest voice ever!!!!!!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIDEN!!!!!
07.01.2007 - 07:16
baldur
well hansi kürsch???
hm hes got also a great voice a nicer one than dickinson i think!
07.01.2007 - 08:32
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Definetly James Hetfield, he has amazing fricken vocals and he's one of the main reasons that Metallica's doing so well.
07.01.2007 - 11:23
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I voted for James Hetfield, mind you, it was indeed a hard choice, although I chose him because it was Metallica that drew me into metal and that he also has a strong kind of energy in his vocals, well, he DID on Metallica's good ablums.
07.01.2007 - 19:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
You know, James Hetfield and Dave Mustain arn't traditional heavy metal vocalists, they're thrash, they don't even belong on the poll.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.01.2007 - 19:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Author on 07.01.2007 at 08:32

Definetly James Hetfield, he has amazing fricken vocals and he's one of the main reasons that Metallica's doing so well.

Did you say metalica's doing well? Um....last I heard half of their fans hate them and they hadn't released a thrash album in 20 years. But meh...I guess they do still have a pretty loyal following.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.01.2007 - 00:09
Gilardina
i voted for bruce, i think is the one of the greatest singers ever!!! is not coincidence thats he is the singer of IRON MAIDEN!!!! eventhough james hetfield is pretty good too!!!!
----
and remember, as much as it seems to be real, is all in your mind...
10.01.2007 - 23:46
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Metallica forever.I voted for James Hetfield.He is the best traditional metal singer.His voice is amazing
12.01.2007 - 18:36
Charly546
Damn it's a hard vote. So many very good vocalists...Bruce Dickinson, Lemmy Kilmister, Udo Dirckscneider, Rob Halford, Dio...It's really hard to pick THE best.
But my vote went for Bruce Dickinson. He just has "something" in his voice that makes him a little bit better (imo)
than others.
12.01.2007 - 19:13
Jay
Perkele
Aggh... This ones tough...
But I prefer Halford.
He is the best metal singer ever. Can reach unbelievably high notes (or at least when he was younger) and has this really warm voice when singing ballads. And he just has this something that no one else has.. (insert gay joke here : NOT!)

Of course Bruce Dickinson - who is getting old too - and Hansi Kürsch follow next...

And of course Dave Mustaine, he has this unbelievably cool voice that cannot be compared to anyone else.
----
This one goes to 11
13.01.2007 - 14:15
Judas
The Amputator
Well, of that list, my vote goes to Bruce Dickinson, just because his voice doesn't get any worse, even at his rather advanced age. Sure, Lemmy is older than Bruce, and his voice is the embodiment of roughness, and Halford was better when he was younger, but today, no-one in that list can match him IMO. Bruce still hits every note, whereas Halford singing 'Painkiller' today is a bit of a farce.

As for others, well, Hansi Kürsch is unbelievable, as has been said, as is Tobias Sammet (although he doesn't really have anything SPECIAL, except he does pronounce words better than most ). I'm a big fan of King Diamond's as well, even though many may find his falsetto ridiculous. José from Mägo De Oz is pretty amazing too. And I've really been into some of Garm's clean, haunting vocals that he did in Arcturus and Borknagar...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.01.2007 - 15:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Judas on 13.01.2007 at 14:15

Bruce still hits every note, whereas Halford singing 'Painkiller' today is a bit of a farce.

oh come on.. dickinson is more of a power-singer, with few very high pitched stuff, while halford can do both power, and some of the most high pitched stuff i ever heard(including female vocals!) and i'd like to see dickinson nail painkiller. i must say that the intro to dissident aggressor, while almost no metal singer(i think) can do the intro scream, halford could, and still i haven't heard anything near it. it's the most INSANE scream ever and the heaviest song in all the 70s, if you forget into the void and electric funeral by sabbath.
so halford owns dickinson, and furthermore halford's 55 years old, while dickinson is 48. a clear advantage for bruce, no?
15.01.2007 - 20:20
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
is this a joke? damn i guess it has been said a lot of times by Wrathchild

no need to explain, why Iron Maiden always win, so Bruce Wins,, straight away

----
Stay Metal !!!
24.01.2007 - 06:28
Richard
Elite
I voted 'other' - King Diamond. He has a very distinctive vocal style (although to be fair, so do all the singers that are listed in the poll - well, I don't listen to Accept or UDO so I don't know much about Udo Dirkschneider, but I like the others). King Diamond has tremendous range, and particularly on albums like Fatal Portrait and Abigail his falsetto vocals are second to none, IMO.

My second choice would be Bruce Dickinson - he's still going strong and his voice sounds as good as ever - the latest Iron Maiden album is excellent and even better than some of their 'classic' 80's material IMO.
----
24.01.2007 - 10:41
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
Lemmy Kilmister gets my vote. I just love the way he belts his voice out. A second vote would have gone to Conrad Lant of Venom.
25.01.2007 - 12:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
I would definetly voted for King Diamond, but since there is no King on the list I won't speak about him.
Altough I don't like his solo albums I voted for Dio, he has incredible voice, really like colour of his voice, and all the power he have, I also think that he have more quality voice than all of those great singers, after Dio I would voted for Dave Mustaine or Bruce Dickinson.
I also hate Ozzy and James, their vocals sucks, but don't hang me, it is my opinion, especially Ozzy, I can't listen his singing more than five minutes.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
17.03.2007 - 09:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I was going to narrow it down to Dio and Dickinson, it was a hard choice but after seeing Dio live it was amazing, he didnt have the same running-about energy that ive seen on Maiden dvds, but just being there he had a certain mystique about him that created an incredible atmosphere (vocally it was a tie so I had to leave it up live performance....sorry!)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.07.2007 - 14:03
HELLilac
Written by Arian Totalis on 07.01.2007 at 19:49

You know, James Hetfield and Dave Mustain arn't traditional heavy metal vocalists, they're thrash, they don't even belong on the poll.

You are right. It's funny how many metal fans don't even know what the traditional metal voice is..

If you can include James Hetfield and Dave Mustain, why left Tom Araya out??? He's just as good (or as bad) as these 2.

And where is Russell Allen (Symphony x), Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian)??? These 2 are the metal vocalists with traditional voice and certainly among the best ones.
----
AS SOON AS YOU'RE BORN, YOU'RE DYING..
16.07.2007 - 21:24
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Damn, when you put to choose between Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford and DIO it makes it kinda hard...but my vote goes for Bruce

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.07.2007 - 03:04
I voted Ozzy. He isn't that great of a singer, but the way he sings on Black Sabbath(the song) is awesome. I just love it.
----
oderint dum metuant
17.07.2007 - 07:15
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
BTW What the hell is Mustaine and Hetfield doing here???
Those guys are Thrash Metal amd they're not that "traditional"!!!