Metal Storm logo
What would people be more surprised to know about you? Pt. II

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 27.01.2012 - 23:38
You know what to do. Tell us your quirks, and oddities.
03.10.2014 - 00:10
no one
Account deleted
Hang on back up, deadone collects toy soldiers...that is something I did not know about him
03.10.2014 - 06:59
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 03.10.2014 at 04:15

I play with them too - table top wargaming. It's like strategy video games but will little lead guys.

yeah i remember when i was in oz i would walk past these gaming shops sometimes and there would be this big lay out of a landscape with all these little war dudes, and then real dudes standing around looking at them thoughtfully
04.10.2014 - 15:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Another weird fact about me:

I like to pour chewing-gum in Coca-Cola and chew the fuck about it. I like this weird flavour.
05.10.2014 - 08:20
MetalDoomMaster
Written by Karlabos on 02.10.2014 at 00:45

I like the smell of cigarettes. I don't even smoke, but I like the smell when someone is smoking nearby...
Which is pretty weird I guess. everyone else I know says (s)he can't stand the smell.

I do the same thing. I don't smoke either, but for some reason the smell makes me feel good for some reason. Especially lately since everywhere is banning smoking and I smell it less often.
05.10.2014 - 23:55
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.10.2014 at 15:35

I like to pour chewing-gum in Coca-Cola and chew the fuck about it. I like this weird flavour.

I like the idea. How does it taste?
07.10.2014 - 12:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Author on 05.10.2014 at 23:55

Awesome. If you're a fan of wet chewing-gum, then you'll have a nice fucking time. Initially, I use to drop in milk but the taste was awful. It clicked with Coca Cola.

Chewing-gum becomes more wet thus it puts pressure on your cementum teeth and also led your jaw to keep swinging for hours. I'm huge fan of chewing-gum poured in coca-cola.

Hey, why don't you try it?!
09.10.2014 - 23:36
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 07.10.2014 at 12:16

Written by Author on 05.10.2014 at 23:55

Awesome. If you're a fan of wet chewing-gum, then you'll have a nice fucking time. Initially, I use to drop in milk but the taste was awful. It clicked with Coca Cola.

Chewing-gum becomes more wet thus it puts pressure on your cementum teeth and also led your jaw to keep swinging for hours. I'm huge fan of chewing-gum poured in coca-cola.

Hey, why don't you try it?!

I will
10.10.2014 - 01:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by deadone on 02.10.2014 at 09:15
I also gave up cigarettes instantly after being a 30+ smoker a day. Had one craving the day after and that was it.

Written by Author on 02.10.2014 at 09:32
Smoking was easy compared, i also gave that up cold turkey, though probably only about twenty a day.

Respect to you both. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but after 3 weeks I felt like SHIT. I never smoked so much as you though. I smoked max 5 cigarettes a day (and at parties it could be 10 tops). I decided that I wanted to stop but had to do it gradually. Nowdays I'm fine with only 2 a day. Some odd day I can go without smoking so I think the future looks bright in that sense but yeah... I can't stop right now. I need some more time to get used to only have 2 a day before I can go to one a day. Parties with alcohol involved are still the fucking worst but instead of 10 I go around 5.

Odd thing is that most people around me see it as a social thing while I much rather smoke alone. I noticed that being around people (specially those who dont smoke) is helping me a lot. Specially if the environment is relaxing enough.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.10.2014 - 04:20
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 02.10.2014 at 23:03

I hate peal potatoes , I do it before, boil, bake, use aven or other way cocking .. I do before. I hate peal it for many ppl, I really hate

If I go to bath and wash, I be tired like 1-2 days after it, I am sleepy , same I need sleep after shower, and I am tired if I come out , specially if there is (what it calls in English, similar like smoke, but from hot water?) I DOESNT MEEN I DONT WASH , but shower and specially bath if outside T is less then 25¤C makes me sleepy and tired
It never happens after swimming, and this washing shit its whole life, I try wash my hair separately

I like sleep whit working cloths somewhere if I have like long shifts and so on It makes me rest better,

I hate spring n autumn sun , because its hard to find a cloths one on, I am sweating, one of I am freezing

I don't sweat in summer if its 25-30 , I don't sweat in winter if outside is minus 20 ... unless I need go into store and I hardly do those shopping's

spring or autumn walks, I do it long distances if I can be at home and take my wet t shirt of and troy to laundry box

I can walk long distances 10-15km at summer, this summer I did SAS walk but not 20kg bag and 20kg at arms , well I did walk at day time at city fets like 10km and I did walk 23 km to home, not in 3h as SAS (at nerds it stands for Special Air Service) need, I hade maybe 5kg bag and I did it in 5h , I could do faster, but I wasnot shore to walk or not , so main walk time was like 4h

I don't save cloths as women do, at summer , socks, undies and t shirt I do handwash, at winter maybe I put only 20% of what women would di at same time, I don't own much and I wash ...

Woh some few things I didn't know about you.

Sleeping after shower is very common, I do think firmly somehow. Others who don't sleep immediately, they sleep later maybe more hours from. You just see if shower in the morning then naps siesta at after lunch, and shower at night then sleeping whole night till morning. Shower just aids more to healthy sleep. Well I believe sleeping is extremely good. You take shower during winter, you can easily fall sleep, even by both warm or cold water. If you take bath by cold water, you can sleeping instantly or after 30 minutes, I mean true cold shower in cold winter. If you go shower by warm water, you will sleep tight after longer hours from, in winter as by. There is some case I ve know in nam that ppl died from taking warm shower during extremely cold winter. Actually they died due to cut in blood vessel on head etc,.. but I think it's sweet death, they pass out because of the effect of contracting with water that permeating to the body during extremely cold weather through shower. In cold winter if you take cold shower, you can pass out to. Actually it's like sleep. Or it is sleep. Once after cold winter shower I slept 24 hours after waking up I feel so fresh. On other time I was very nearly sleep in the bath room during cold shower but I control my self good so I survive. I practice cold shower during winter. I ve never seen or heard ppl died of cold winter shower, passing out or sleep yes, but not death. The thing I would recommend you if you easily sleep after shower, cold or hot weather, you don't want to sleep, then keep you head both hair and head dry. Totally dry, not wet any. From the neck to under yea showering all lol..

I never sweat, actually I do but only in extremely physical activity or never it would sweat out. I do research they say like nerves related.. Nothing interesting lol
10.10.2014 - 04:29
FOOCK Nam

10.10.2014 - 10:19
no one
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.10.2014 at 01:48

Respect to you both. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but after 3 weeks I felt like SHIT. I never smoked so much as you though. I smoked max 5 cigarettes a day (and at parties it could be 10 tops). I decided that I wanted to stop but had to do it gradually. Nowdays I'm fine with only 2 a day. Some odd day I can go without smoking so I think the future looks bright in that sense but yeah... I can't stop right now. I need some more time to get used to only have 2 a day before I can go to one a day. Parties with alcohol involved are still the fucking worst but instead of 10 I go around 5.

Odd thing is that most people around me see it as a social thing while I much rather smoke alone. I noticed that being around people (specially those who dont smoke) is helping me a lot. Specially if the environment is relaxing enough.

it's weird the different ways people quit. it's even more weird how some people can just have two a day. I know some people who smoke a 25 pack at a party in the weekend but never smoke at any other time. I also know people who have had one or two a day for years but now are fucked on about 10 or more a day and can't stop.
I think they will get you in the end which ever way you do it, it's just a matter of time. Just yesterday a friend of my wife started coughing up blood (only 35). Was bad but at least it has made her realize it's time to give up, for some people something like that has to happen for them to open up there eyes...she had already smoked through two pregnancy's
10.10.2014 - 21:19
Ernis
狼獾
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.10.2014 at 01:48

Written by deadone on 02.10.2014 at 09:15
I also gave up cigarettes instantly after being a 30+ smoker a day. Had one craving the day after and that was it.

Written by Author on 02.10.2014 at 09:32
Smoking was easy compared, i also gave that up cold turkey, though probably only about twenty a day.

I never made a statement about having quit. I've seen too many people shouting "I quit!" and then lighting a new fag in a matter of a few weeks... or a month, if they're lucky... peer pressure's a bad thing, by the way.

I had a block of really good dark blue Kent which I loved. There have been two brands I really love and these were dark brown Barclay and dark blue Kent.
Anyway, I read the Carr's book but didn't quit. In fact, I just couldn't because I still had this wonderful block to finish. But I knowingly tried to smoke less (in order to postpone THAT day)
Then I ran out of the packs... and I just thought I'd try not to buy a new one for a while... still remember the last smoke so far... it was last November during a night shift down at the "interrogation room" with a co-worker...
I haven't quit, no... for a long time it was "complicated" but at the moment I'm not even thinking of it and, in fact, I can't stand the smell any more. It's rather awful to have someone smoke next to you. Suddenly I realise the hell I caused to my non-smoking flatmates. They complained that the stench reached every room. And I was the jerk who told them that they were overreacting...
11.10.2014 - 00:39
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 10.10.2014 at 21:19

I never made a statement about having quit. I've seen too many people shouting "I quit!" and then lighting a new fag in a matter of a few weeks... or a month, if they're lucky... peer pressure's a bad thing, by the way.

I had a block of really good dark blue Kent which I loved. There have been two brands I really love and these were dark brown Barclay and dark blue Kent.
Anyway, I read the Carr's book but didn't quit. In fact, I just couldn't because I still had this wonderful block to finish. But I knowingly tried to smoke less (in order to postpone THAT day)
Then I ran out of the packs... and I just thought I'd try not to buy a new one for a while... still remember the last smoke so far... it was last November during a night shift down at the "interrogation room" with a co-worker...
I haven't quit, no... for a long time it was "complicated" but at the moment I'm not even thinking of it and, in fact, I can't stand the smell any more. It's rather awful to have someone smoke next to you. Suddenly I realise the hell I caused to my non-smoking flatmates. They complained that the stench reached every room. And I was the jerk who told them that they were overreacting...

who said you quit ?

i know what you mean about being a jerk, i used to get angry at people who told me i couldn't smoke in there car or inside at work. Now i realize what they were on about, fucking stinks and is inconsiderate.
11.10.2014 - 19:27
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.10.2014 at 04:29

So that's how it's done, thanks. But what if I accidentally swallow the chewing gum while doing that?

Blowing up a Coke bottle with Mentos is nothing new. I've seen a similar video before, but there was no bullet.
11.10.2014 - 19:53
LordHypnos
Account deleted
I forgot to confess I've acquired a strange fear over the years. I have fear of looking at someone in the eyes when s/he's talking very close to me, I tend to look somewhere else. It doesn't matter who I'm talking to, it always happens. But I don't know why.

I also have fear of looking at my own image in public places. I feel discomfort whenever I see myself. I think I'm too ugly and unattractive, people would mock my face. But when I look at myself in the mirror at home, I feel nothing.
11.10.2014 - 21:22
FOOCK Nam
Written by Author on 11.10.2014 at 19:27

Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.10.2014 at 04:29

So that's how it's done, thanks. But what if I accidentally swallow the chewing gum while doing that?

Blowing up a Coke bottle with Mentos is nothing new. I've seen a similar video before, but there was no bullet.

It can be some risk, that's why I posted the video for watching out if there is anything accident if happens. The Cynic Metalhead pour the gum in coke, I don't know but like you hold the bread to the milk cup then chewing the milk wet bread, it can be different.. But if throw the gum on inside coke can, I don't know, but hope there is no risk if you eat.. As for the mentos coke wetting of course if you chew you die.. I remember internationally widespread news such one case I read from Brazil.. I bet you know it..

Edit: the second video, both I meant
11.10.2014 - 21:29
FOOCK Nam
Written by Author on 11.10.2014 at 19:53

I forgot to confess I've acquired a strange fear over the years. I have fear of looking at someone in the eyes when s/he's talking very close to me, I tend to look somewhere else. It doesn't matter who I'm talking to, it always happens. But I don't know why.

I also have fear of looking at my own image in public places. I feel discomfort whenever I see myself. I think I'm too ugly and unattractive, people would mock my face. But when I look at myself in the mirror at home, I feel nothing.

Just try to control your eyes, trying have a calm eyes then you can go anywhere, with any people.. When they look at you, you blink while they talk, still calming eyes, if they stare, you can looks other way with calming eyes to cut the attention.. It's somewhat lots of technique, but try to stay calm with calm eyes, over the years you will be very well going with it and having good confidence.. I can bet most 40 years old ppl are very good at it or they subconsciously good at it..

As for the public image stuff, just fuck public, lol..
13.10.2014 - 01:02
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.10.2014 at 21:29

Just try to control your eyes, trying have a calm eyes then you can go anywhere, with any people.. When they look at you, you blink while they talk, still calming eyes, if they stare, you can looks other way with calming eyes to cut the attention.. It's somewhat lots of technique, but try to stay calm with calm eyes, over the years you will be very well going with it and having good confidence.. I can bet most 40 years old ppl are very good at it or they subconsciously good at it..

Thanks for the advice. I think I avoid looking at them because I don't want them to notice my strabismus. It's very hard to notice, so I think I'm okay. I have glasses to correct it, but I hate it and I don't wear it.

Sometimes my eyes get aligned all of a sudden, and my vision becomes crystal clear. But when it happens, my eyes burn, so I close them immediately. Maybe there's a technique to align the eyes?
13.10.2014 - 01:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
That I ill be last one from my generation, my bloodline, I will be last one, I will make end to curse ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2014 - 06:40
FOOCK Nam
Written by Author on 13.10.2014 at 01:02

Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.10.2014 at 21:29

Thanks for the advice. I think I avoid looking at them because I don't want them to notice my strabismus. It's very hard to notice, so I think I'm okay. I have goggles to correct it, but I hate goggles and I don't wear them.

Sometimes my eyes get aligned all of a sudden, and my vision becomes crystal clear. But when it happens, my eyes burn, so I close them immediately. Maybe there's a technique to align the eyes?

Sorry, I don't know, I heard of surgery, though some equipment stuff like goggles , patch as you said..I just guess if you practice eyes stuff in front of the mirror if that helps.. Sorry I don't know much, google try..
29.10.2014 - 15:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
That I don't get almost no mail, post ... some bills, but basically nothing at all
I hate use credit card, I am old school, I tae money of of bank and keep in my pocket , one krones, other one keys... ts all what I carry , bank shit at home and so on ....
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2014 - 17:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW age 7-12 my teacher even my damn mother did not let me use left hand as typing hand, can it be today a reason why I make errors I mean the hte such misspells, ?
my handwriting is bad . left looks better but takes to much time, can it be one of reasons? my Swedish teacher said it might be dyslexia as well? 1th time Syk I read sky ??
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2014 - 22:16
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2014 at 17:05

BTW age 7-12 my teacher even my damn mother did not let me use left hand as typing hand, can it be today a reason why I make errors I mean the hte such misspells, ?
my handwriting is bad . left looks better but takes to much time, can it be one of reasons? my Swedish teacher said it might be dyslexia as well? 1th time Syk I read sky ??

I've not done write with pen since 4 years, i even don't use much my signature on paper so often, yes if I have a job and need to sign the contract, I should practice signing caligraphy now..

My handwriting is extremely bad. It is bad thing considered by nam teachers that made my childhood full of sorrows, lol, damn commies.. How about there in Latvia, when you were young primary school do they need you write good ?

I'm left handed and my mother didn't allow me to use it for writing, cutting meat, and anything.. Nowadays it's not problem cuz the society brain have evolved better..
16.11.2014 - 22:17
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 29.10.2014 at 15:02

That I don't get almost no mail, post ... some bills, but basically nothing at all
I hate use credit card, I am old school, I tae money of of bank and keep in my pocket , one krones, other one keys... ts all what I carry , bank shit at home and so on ....

Do you go outdoor everyday ? What place can be...
16.11.2014 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.11.2014 at 22:17

after booze and whore house ... but seriously I try not go out , but I do, shopping, walking in the summer 10-15km in the woods, forests, job searching , simply walking and also buying booze and get laid
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2014 - 23:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That's odd. Why wouldn't they let you guys write with the left hand? Was it a religious thing or something?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.11.2014 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 16.11.2014 at 23:22

That's odd. Why wouldn't they let you guys write with the left hand? Was it a religious thing or something?

I dunno, I know in islam its hand you use to wipe your ass, and eating whit it its discussing, something like that

my case teacher was fucktard , so I dunno, but many ppl even in Europe thinks its standard and they even can not make good arguments why LOL
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2014 - 23:33
FOOCK Nam
Written by Karlabos on 16.11.2014 at 23:22

I don't know about soviet sub country, but vietnam, I can say that the culture here is influenced by commies, so it's life that you live follow the rule. In my mother mind, and societal as well, the rule is writing by right hand is correct and must be followed. Just like you wear lots of clothe in winter even yourself not feeling cold like others. It's no individualism, no freedom, no individual rights etc.. It's commies rule, so it's life of military cultural living style like, but subconsciously namese ppl don't realize... Though now nam life is better, ppl are more open of sex and better of mind, they don't force you to study getting high score, which was a must when I was young.. Luckily I feel glad for the kids.
16.11.2014 - 23:44
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2014 at 22:21

Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.11.2014 at 22:17

after booze and whore house ... but seriously I try not go out , but I do, shopping, walking in the summer 10-15km in the woods, forests, job searching , simply walking and also buying booze and get laid

Good life right ? You think so same ?

I'm jealous of you having forest to troll. I too would like to walk in forest but in cold winter snow, here there's no forest but I usually riding instead of troll cuz city not much path to walk.. Less scenery to aspire.. Anyway haha you go out to get laid.. really ? There's prostitue in Luela I didnt know.. good place lol.. I intend to immigrate and if such same life, not bad.. Of course the Legion still on.
16.11.2014 - 23:46
Ilham
Giant robot
Do you guys really not know why doing anything with the left hand was considered wrong? In almost all cultures and religions it has been so for centuries. I thought this was common knowledge.

For one, the word "sinister" comes from the italian "sinistra" which means "left". The word "gauche" as in clumsy/weird comes from "gauche" which means "left" in French. And it is not a coincidence that something "right" is something good, you don't say something is "left" do you? Left hand path/right hand path. Doing things with the left bringing bad luck. Etc. It all comes from the belief that the left hand is the hand of the devil. That's why people who work with the left hand were considered heretics at first, and it slowly evolved into thinking they were misfits, weird, and brought bad luck. This crap followed us until the 20th century when research proved that left-handed people were "different" for neurological reasons and not superstitious/religious reasons.