Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
24.03.2015 - 15:14
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What a superb end of first semifinal of cricket WC 2015.

Great performance by both teams. Little shabby fielding from SA which cost them a crucial match. NZ always have a strength in batting unit(McCullum, Guptill, Cory Anderson and Elliot).

Next semi on 26th. Watch out Australia as India will beat you in your home.
11.04.2015 - 04:01
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Richie Benaud died yesterday, if you hadn't already heard.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
11.04.2015 - 10:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by M C Vice on 11.04.2015 at 04:01

Richie Benaud died yesterday, if you hadn't already heard.

We heard and pretty sad seeing "Voice Of Cricket" passed away.

He was indeed a Don Bradman of cricket commentary.
08.08.2015 - 06:16
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
There's a national day of mourning next week for our cricket team.
----
08.08.2015 - 06:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The cricket today has went really down with too many t20 shots incorporated in longer formats.

Ashes just fucked up while Aussie played like a tier 4 Zimbabwe team.

Whereas, speaking of Zimbabwe - they beat the hell out of NZ.

India playing like they picking up cricketing kit for the first time. Shameful defeat in Bangladesh and now get ready to screw up in SL.

Even longer formats has become quite drab with new rules pitching in. Players are exhausted with shitload of tours pushed on them and these "Premier Leagues" format are plaguing players' inner potential.

More of like Cricket has become entertainment. Time to switch over to NBA. A lot of stuff happening there(especially drafts).
23.03.2016 - 20:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What a fucking match.
28.08.2016 - 20:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
India vs WI t20 match halted due to rain in Lauderhill, Florida.
15.01.2017 - 17:52
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Woo hoo. Century no. 27 for Kohli. Let's see if India can start the new year with a victory.

EDIT: And they do it. Against England.
26.02.2017 - 13:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Demolition that will long be remembered.

India lose to Aus in opening 4 test series by fucking 333 runs was absolutely devastating. Not only they came on high horses to win the opening test series comfortably just because they're playing on sub-continent, they equally failed in "spinning" the bowl as well(the strength of Indian cricket on sub-cont pitches). We were too "busy experimenting with ball" while O'Keefe just tossed the ball and did rest of the damage.

India will fight back...
23.11.2017 - 09:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
James Vince played a fine knock and got out on direct hit. England right now struggling hard.
03.02.2018 - 09:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
This thread is single-handedly spamming by Cynic Metalhead.

Well, India just 66 runs away from winning U19 World Cup 2018.
24.04.2018 - 08:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ok, who is watching IPL? Anyone?
04.08.2018 - 17:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What the hell has happened to Netherlands sports? First FIFA and now Cricket.

Nepal pulled off a fabulous win over Netherlands by a 1 run. No matter what, Nepal Cricket has come a long way to achieve its 1st ever ODI win. Congrats.
11.07.2019 - 11:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Yesterday was devastating. It was a goddamn choking.
23.06.2021 - 20:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Shit, India lost another Cricket World Cup*.

*For those wondering, it's like Football World Cup, winning the gold medal in the Olympics, and Tiger Woods of Golf.
15.05.2022 - 10:09
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Andrew Symonds died last night in a car crash. Only a couple of months after Rod Marsh and Shane Warne died, too. Surprising number of big name cricketers to die this year already.
----
15.05.2022 - 17:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by M C Vice on 15.05.2022 at 10:09

Andrew Symonds died last night in a car crash. Only a couple of months after Rod Marsh and Shane Warne died, too. Surprising number of big name cricketers to die this year already.

Sad.

Must be hard on Clarke especially when he lost Hughes, Warne, and now Symonds.
16.05.2022 - 01:13
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
The moment he's probably best remembered for sort of isn't a cricket moment. He shoulder charged a naked streaker during a cricket match. How many other players have done that? And it wasn't even the first time he'd tackled a pitch invader. The news last night also showed him chasing down another one who had run on and grabbed the umpire before running around the field.
----
19.05.2022 - 20:10
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by M C Vice on 16.05.2022 at 01:13

The moment he's probably best remembered for sort of isn't a cricket moment.

It is what EXACTLY he will be REMEMBERED.
24.07.2023 - 09:25
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Australia regain the Ashes after Manchester watersheds Stokes hopes in fury. It's kind of revenge best served cold for Australia of 2013.

Oval will be the octagon for the both teams.
17.10.2023 - 20:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.03.2014 at 16:52

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2014 at 16:49

But at least the Dutch totally demolished the lowest ever inetrnational T20 score. SO, there was a certain style to it Hahahaha

I wish Marcel lived up to this day to see his beloved Netherlands beating South Africa on the grandest stage of all -- Cricket World Cup. He would be elated.

For details here
18.10.2023 - 08:26
musclassia

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.10.2023 at 20:52

I wish Marcel lived up to this day to see his beloved Netherlands beating South Africa on the grandest stage of all -- Cricket World Cup. He would be elated.

For details here

Very impressive result - I only caught the last 10 overs or so but looks like Netherlands just outright outplayed SA; they looked decent in their first two games but surrendered promising positions, so it's good to see them convert this one
21.10.2023 - 21:10
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by musclassia on 18.10.2023 at 08:26

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.10.2023 at 20:52

For details here

Very impressive result - I only caught the last 10 overs or so but looks like Netherlands just outright outplayed SA; they looked decent in their first two games but surrendered promising positions, so it's good to see them convert this one

And the way SA smothered England tonite' was brutal. I think England's campaign is over. India ramping along and will beat England to sent home.

World Cup is getting stiffed in 1st four.
21.10.2023 - 21:27
musclassia

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.10.2023 at 21:10

And the way SA smothered England tonite' was brutal. I think England's campaign is over. India ramping along and will beat England to sent home.

World Cup is getting stiffed in 1st four.

England have been pathetic this World Cup; wasn't expecting much but thought they'd manage to make the semis. Woakes and Curran bowling has been very disappointing, and Bairstow and Buttler have done nothing with the bat

India are looking comfortably the strongest team, would expect them to win the WC, but SA and NZ look strong enough to give them a good fight of it in the knockout stages
21.10.2023 - 21:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by musclassia on 21.10.2023 at 21:27

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.10.2023 at 21:10

India are looking comfortably the strongest team, would expect them to win the WC, but SA and NZ look strong enough to give them a good fight of it in the knockout stages

India choke in last crunch games takes a sad exit from the grandeur performances. This pattern existed since lifting last WC in 2011.

Well, yeah SA and NZ look strongest to put India on the toes. Btw, India is up against NZ today.
23.10.2023 - 19:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Afghanistan registered yet another explosive setback by beating Pakistan after England.

Unbelievable display of cricketing skills by Afghanistan. They slowly moving up among the best 5 teams in cricket sphere.
30.10.2023 - 16:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
England hitting rock bottom not seen ever before. I've seen England struggling to the core, but not at the level of WC 2023.

India looks clinical winner of World Cup of 2023.