Are you afraid of the dark?

Original post

Posted by Dead Ohlin, 16.12.2006 - 20:21
Sometimes,I dont like being in bed on my own in some
places i start to wonder if there's anything in the room
and burrow down under the covers.
21.12.2006 - 21:21
Crow_Princess
Sometimes I am sometimes I am not.. It depends on the place where I am... When I'm in the city, I'm not scared at all... But in the countryside... Damn... We have a house near the forest... And there is one grave... Nobody knows who is buried there... The nearest houses are about 200m far... It's very frightening to be outside at night... Then I am very afraid of the dark because I don't know what's behind it..
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
21.12.2006 - 22:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Arian Totalis on 21.12.2006 at 08:45

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.12.2006 at 20:38

Written by FOOCK Nam on 20.12.2006 at 08:09

@+{Reinhardt}+, Im just a bit currious, what do those guerilla men do in Colombia? I guess in Ecuador or some country arround those also have guerillas. One dude from Ecuador added me and his page desgined with guerrilla image

Well Jet, in short, they are terrorists. They kidnap, kill inocent people, recruit people against their will (including children), plant landmines that have caused many peoples the loss of arms, legs,,,

And they also are drug dealers, they cultivate land to grow cocaine, in order to finance their terrorist actions. The fact is that they call themselves a "revolutionary group" but they only kill innocent people and kidnap innocent people, and say they want a peace solution to the conflict, but they keep with their terrorist actions.

Well Reinhardt, While I am Not Advocating the Actions of these men, I still have to Ask, Why would they do it if they didn't believ in it? People don't just kidnap, Kill, and maim simply for the sake of doing so, they must feel Justified in their actions, not that I agree with them, but I must look at it from two points of View, you know? It's like how England still controlls a portion of Ireland, look at how long fighting has been going on with that, the fact was that they wanted to be their own country, and not to be ruled by the U.K. and personally, I think Ireland has that right to be free, though innocents should not have to suffer. But I really have no Idea what the Idealisms of Columbian Guerillas are, or if it's even about being sovereign. I am Just playing the Devils Advocate here.

Wow guys, we are getting way off topic.

Yes, way of topic... Well, they are comunists, or at least that's what the say, you know, agains the Yankee imperialism, and the capitalism, bla bla bla... They say that they fight for the poor people, but I'm not sure how legitimate that is when they are killing those people.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.12.2006 - 03:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Holy shit, there actually a thread about this? rofl. Oh ok......no im not afraid of the dark.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.12.2006 - 05:23
danzig111
Account deleted
Does anyone remember that show on Nickelodeon?

22.12.2006 - 12:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 22.12.2006 at 05:23

hahah yes! That scared the shit out of me when I was a little kid. Fuck....the episode with the dolls gave me nightmares for like a month lol.
22.12.2006 - 13:07
FOOCK Nam
@+{Reinhardt}+, yeah they lean towards communism, side on image of Che Guevarra, Cuba revolution, I guess they want to overthrow the US backed government etc

back to the topic, what is Nickelodeon about?, can you have some video of it?
22.12.2006 - 13:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, Nikelodeon is a television channel and Are You Afraid of the Dark? was a horror tv show meant for kids. It's probably not scary for people of our age, but it was for little kids.
22.12.2006 - 18:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Crow_Princess on 21.12.2006 at 21:21

Sometimes I am sometimes I am not.. It depends on the place where I am... When I'm in the city, I'm not scared at all... But in the countryside... Damn... We have a house near the forest... And there is one grave... Nobody knows who is buried there... The nearest houses are about 200m far... It's very frightening to be outside at night... Then I am very afraid of the dark because I don't know what's behind it..

well for me its diferent, im lil afraid of dark in small vilages or some parts in big city, but country side never
I love graveyard sin night, i love walking thee, even if its lil' scary, but if ppl once has seen other side all fears go away

In my life onl one tme in last years I was afraid of dark in country side was last summe rin Sweden, i drunk almoust more then half litre cognac(what I stoll from my mother ) and i do it in frest and lil sleep there, when I wake up OMG moon, all dark those treas and 10km fom civilisation , I was realy scared and lucky I found wa beck tou higway, but wier are I wanna go beck and feel it again
But IMO i saw bear
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2006 - 20:16
RavenLord
I am afraid of the dark. I also have a constant fear that something's always near, and when I search for the light (running my fingers down the wall), I feel the skin on my neck (my neck skin, you could say) crawl.

Only kidding.

I'm not afraid of the dark, although I usually sleep with my door slightly open and the landing light on at a low level (more for when I get up so I don't fall down the stairs, which are right outside my bedroom). There are some times when I'm alone at night that I feel slightly nervous, but it's only when I'm really isolated, like in a forest. Then I sing Fear of the Dark to myself (seriously! :p)
----
22.12.2006 - 20:56
Bane Reine
Account deleted

Haha, yes! That's what I originally thought this thread was about.
That show was so amazing -- it delivered a-many sleepless nights as a young lass. I would still watch it if they aired it.

Howveryever, back the topic at hand ... I admit I am sometimes, but it isn't often. If I am, it's either when I'm walking through a dark park at 12-1 in the morning to get back to my place, or when I just finished watching a really good zombie flick, and I'm afraid the Undead are going to start jumping through my windows.
23.12.2006 - 11:43
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress

Yes, it was horrible. At least the doll-episode... I suppose I'd still have nightmares after watching that. At least it didn't reduce my fear of dark...
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.12.2006 - 17:09
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Dangerboner on 22.12.2006 at 12:43

hahah yes! That scared the shit out of me when I was a little kid. Fuck....the episode with the dolls gave me nightmares for like a month lol.

Actually the only time i was scared of the dark was for a week (when i was 7 or 8) because of one of their Episodes where these scare crows came to life.
.... or am i thinking of the Round The Twist. Well, that was the only time ive been scared of the dark.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
24.12.2006 - 17:13
Kurzag
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 22.12.2006 at 12:43

lol, thats many years ago. i remember that TV show aswell. I didn´t like to watch it alone either.
24.12.2006 - 18:58
Torelli
Written by Crow_Princess on 21.12.2006 at 21:21

For me it's the opposite. I feel safe at the countryside, out in the forest no one can really harm you. Sometimes I take walks at night, doesn't matter if there's moonlight or not, I still find it very soothing. And at cemmatery's I find nothing but peace, the tranquillity in a graveyard at 01.00 A.M is almost indescribable.
But in a city...You have all those lights that cast creepy shadows and those dark corners...For me, it's nothing scarier then be alone at an (suposely) empty square...It gives me the chills...
25.12.2006 - 00:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

Yes... I fell asleep a lot of times watching it. Boring.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.12.2006 - 00:51
danzig111
Account deleted
wow....what a tough guy
25.12.2006 - 15:24
Sunioj
Lol, I used to think that was the coolest show! My big bro must of thought that Im real dork during that time.
29.12.2006 - 17:10
..HumanError..
Account deleted
"Fear Of The Dark...." eheh, i cant say im afraid of the dark, im just afraid of the noises at night, its not the same . But hey, what show are you talking about? ive got some very vague images in mind, ... i know i used to watch Nicklodeon when i was younger.... bleh, im gonna ask my big bro, he'll remember.
30.12.2006 - 00:08
Keoren
Account deleted
I'm not really afraid of the dark, but it can sometimes feel (very) uncomfortable. I don't for example enjoy being outside in the dark, be it in a city or at the countryside. I'm all fine if it's atleast moderately lighty, but pitch black gives me creeps.

On the other hand, sometimes I just love it when it's dark. When Christmas arrives I only have a small lamp on my desk and candles on the window. It's just enough to light the area around my computer, leaving everything else quite dark. I love the atmosphere it creates.
01.01.2007 - 21:33
Huldre
I'm not afraid of the dark when I'm outside, but I can be afraid inside a house. Whenever I get scared, I feel more comfortable outside. If I watch horror movies, I often have troubles sleeping with the light off. But when I haven't seen one for a long time, I usually don't have any problems with the dark.

Someone here said that they were scared of the dark in the countryside. I can't agree with that. I live in the countryside, and there's really nothing to be afraid of here;)
04.01.2007 - 05:21
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I used to be afraid of the dark when I was younger, actually truth be told it was my dads fault i became afraid. When i was about 6-7 my dad would always play Doom on the computer with the noise all the way up.

Whenever i went to bed of a night time i would always hear roaring/screaming noises from out of my room. Back then i didnt know it was the noises from the doom game so i was really terrified then.
Whenever i needed to go to the toilet in the middle of the night i would hear those noise and run back to my room or wake my mum up.
Eventually my mum got sick of the lack of sleep from me waking her up that she uninstalled the game and beat my dad to stop him re-installing it.

I dont fear the dark as much now but i prefer the dark outside rather than indoors.
08.01.2007 - 18:01
Dark Stalker
Darkness is one of my biggest fears since my childhood . That's why i don't like nights and dark days
----
In luck we trust!
01.02.2007 - 15:40
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I enjoy listening to metal in the dark.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
01.02.2007 - 16:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hahaha
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.02.2007 - 20:34
Ernis
狼獾
As bright light makes me tired and I don't enjoy any bright sunlight at all...I may say that I love dark days and nights....very nice of course it to lay in bed...listening to something fine...with curtains on and all the lights off so that everything is pitch black....this is sometimes very relaxing and enjoyable.....
02.02.2007 - 18:11
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
yes i am abit afraid of the dark at time only in bathrooms and really really dark places coz i duno wht could happen
02.02.2007 - 18:13
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
yes i am abit afraid of the dark at time only in bathrooms and really really dark places coz i duno wht could happen
03.02.2007 - 03:08
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Funny thread lol. Well I actually prefer the night to the day. I sleep only during day time and generally do what people consider normal activities during the night, like taking out the trash, walking my dog, partyin till morning and I've even worked in the night. Our house is near a sort of forest-like place and a few harmless snakes turn up sometimes. The dogs generally get agitated too much so I either chase them off with kerosene(if available lol) or simply finish them off with a stick. I've walked through the forest at around 1:30 - 2am to get rid of the bodies lol. I hope I freaked someone out heh..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
25.02.2007 - 12:18
Danny Thomas
Written by Himann on 03.02.2007 at 03:08

Funny thread lol. Well I actually prefer the night to the day. I sleep only during day time and generally do what people consider normal activities during the night, like taking out the trash, walking my dog, partyin till morning and I've even worked in the night. Our house is near a sort of forest-like place and a few harmless snakes turn up sometimes. The dogs generally get agitated too much so I either chase them off with kerosene(if available lol) or simply finish them off with a stick. I've walked through the forest at around 1:30 - 2am to get rid of the bodies lol. I hope I freaked someone out heh..

haha no, you haven't freaked me out, but you have given me a potential new hobbie. i think i am going to start midnight kerosene snake hunting! and btw, sometimes it's those 1:30 am to 2:00am walks through the forest that help you find clarity in your life, um as well as dispose of any dead bodies too i suppose : D oh i guess by that repsonse i ahev clearly indicated that i am not afraid of the dark. also someone mentioned the show, i used to watch that when i was 9 or 10. ahh those were the good days.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
25.02.2007 - 13:19
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Danny Thomas on 25.02.2007 at 12:18

Written by Himann on 03.02.2007 at 03:08

haha no, you haven't freaked me out, but you have given me a potential new hobbie. i think i am going to start midnight kerosene snake hunting! and btw, sometimes it's those 1:30 am to 2:00am walks through the forest that help you find clarity in your life, um as well as dispose of any dead bodies too i suppose : D oh i guess by that repsonse i ahev clearly indicated that i am not afraid of the dark. also someone mentioned the show, i used to watch that when i was 9 or 10. ahh those were the good days.

Midnight Kerosene Snake hunting!!! hehe that sounds amazing. I dont really kill them at night (difficult to see them then so if there's one at night then its just kerosene) I dispose their bodies at night though cause its quite a controvercial thing to be throwing away. I agree totally about that 1:30 am to 2:00am. There's soo much clarity and the air is never clearer at that time. The night time can be scary to some but for us I think its liberating..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger