Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
26.04.2011 - 18:58
Yasmine
From fatties? Harsh that they would do that considering their own problems. What do you eat that so bad for your body type?
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
26.04.2011 - 19:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I just eat a lot of chocolate and candy, and not an ounce of fruits or vegetables. Which is obviously even less healthy once you add working out to your weekly regimen. Sugar isn't exactly the greatest source of healthy energy. I do drink water though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2011 - 19:48
Yasmine
Ah okay, I cut that out when I started transition in fear that the hormones would turn me into a fatty, lol. I started eating pork, etc again since but I still haven;t started eating candy again. I only gained 10lbs from the hormones, but I lost it all during the gallbladder issue.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
26.04.2011 - 20:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2011 at 18:52

I'm not trying to gain weight, but I'd welcome it. People often make snide remarks in regards to my weight and then subsequently point out my dietary flaws. It gets annoying after a while. Especially from fatties.

Oh, in my case I was just worried some wind will blow you away.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.04.2011 - 04:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.04.2011 at 20:02

Oh, in my case I was just worried some wind will blow you away.

I do have to keep my arms at my sides if the wind picks up real good.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.04.2011 - 05:37
Yasmine
Lol, nahhhhh I'm sure you do alright, Mr.Troy. Are you quite unhappy being thin, or just would like to be a little bigger? Have a certain goal? I just try to maintain my current weight, my body has gotten used to the hormones and it's no longer a big issue.
----
27.04.2011 - 05:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't want to lose weight, but I do want to shed a little of the pudge I have. I'd like to tone my torso but I don't want to gain muscle mass.
----
27.04.2011 - 05:48
Yasmine
Before transition I did martial arts and played ice hockey in high school (so yes it was a shock for a lot of people that I watned to transition). If you see my arms there now I have a very small amount of the typical fat there now, I have just a tiny little tricep that I am really hoping the fat will cover up. It's odd to hear a girl say she wants fat I'm sure. lol I had a lot of muscle on my bicep and fore arms to lose, but i did within about 4 months (Been 15 months since I started transition.)

Why don't you want to gain muscle mass?
----
27.04.2011 - 05:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I'm turned off by muscle. I have pretty big arms (had the gun show - - since I was very young), and I my abs are well-defined, but I don't want massive pecs and bulging back muscles. If I could I'd trim the muscle on my arms and stomach and go for a "flatter" look.
----
27.04.2011 - 06:24
Yasmine
I never had just massive muscles other than my forearms which are thin now and the biceps covered up by a lil fatty tissue, but I understand what you're saying. I started to get muscle in my abs but then fat from the Estrogens and then got flat from exercise. I had no issues before with legs, but my thighs got a tad on em hips, etc etc. Not worried about that though, it was expected to say the least. lol
----
27.04.2011 - 09:40
wormdrink414
Elite
My work out regimen:
Wake up @ Dawn: 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, drink a Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA, masturbate, fall asleep.
Noon: wake up again. Drink a cup of bold coffee, a couple Sierra Nevada Torpedos, masturbate, inhale some Cereal, jog the .2 miles to the bus stop (break for coughing and a cigarette).
Around 1pm: Exit bus, walk .3 miles to class.
Around 3pm: Walk .3 miles back to bus. Get off bus and jog .2 miles home.
3:30pm: Power nap.
6:30 pm: Wake up. Drink a few more beers and a couple cups of tea. 10.5 push ups, 8ish sit-ups.
3:00 am: Fall asleep. Probably not repeat next day.
27.04.2011 - 15:46
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by wormdrink414 on 27.04.2011 at 09:40

My work out regimen:
Wake up @ Dawn: 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, drink a Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA, masturbate, fall asleep.
Noon: wake up again. Drink a cup of bold coffee, a couple Sierra Nevada Torpedos, masturbate, inhale some Cereal, jog the .2 miles to the bus stop (break for coughing and a cigarette).
Around 1pm: Exit bus, walk .3 miles to class.
Around 3pm: Walk .3 miles back to bus. Get off bus and jog .2 miles home.
3:30pm: Power nap.
6:30 pm: Wake up. Drink a few more beers and a couple cups of tea. 10.5 push ups, 8ish sit-ups.
3:00 am: Fall asleep. Probably not repeat next day.

:lol:
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
27.04.2011 - 20:03
Yasmine
If masturbating/sex is exercise most men are pro athletes. lol
----
27.04.2011 - 20:15
jazar94
Written by Yasmine on 27.04.2011 at 20:03

And my step-dad said I was a lazy ass piece of shit. Oh, if he could only see the athleticism that transpires in my bedroom..
27.04.2011 - 20:18
Yasmine
Written by jazar94 on 27.04.2011 at 20:15

And my step-dad said I was a lazy ass piece of shit. Oh, if he could only see the athleticism that transpires in my bedroom..

OMG lol I'd never ever want my parents to know about my ......activities in that department. lol
----
27.04.2011 - 22:38
jazar94
Written by Yasmine on 27.04.2011 at 20:18

Written by jazar94 on 27.04.2011 at 20:15

OMG lol I'd never ever want my parents to know about my ......activities in that department. lol

I didn't say I wanted him to know, I just said if he DID know.. That would be some awkward shit lmao
28.04.2011 - 00:06
Yasmine
Lol I knew what you meant, I was just saying that would be an awful experience. lol I've come closer to getting caught in my own house than I ever did at home. lol!
----
28.04.2011 - 02:30
Kennoth
I envy you people that don't do shit but are always slim....
----
*insert something deep and profound*
28.04.2011 - 02:48
Yasmine
I sexercise, it's tough work. lol
----
28.04.2011 - 13:17
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Yasmine on 28.04.2011 at 00:06

Llol I've come closer to getting caught in my own house than I ever did at home. lol!

Come again?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
28.04.2011 - 18:17
Yasmine
Written by Himann on 28.04.2011 at 13:17

Written by Yasmine on 28.04.2011 at 00:06

Llol I've come closer to getting caught in my own house than I ever did at home. lol!

Come again?

My mother has a key to my house and has come closer to seeing a little too much than when i lived at home. lol
----
29.04.2011 - 00:56
ANGEL REAPER
I work physically a lot. Does that count as work out?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.04.2011 - 02:17
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 29.04.2011 at 00:56

Technically if works means you run, walk, lift, etc. then yes.
----
29.04.2011 - 02:44
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 29.04.2011 at 02:17

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 29.04.2011 at 00:56

Technically if works means you run, walk, lift, etc. then yes.

well my job is consist of transporting very heavy objects from point a to pint b only by using my own strength....Maybe that is the reason why i am so lightweight.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.04.2011 - 02:48
Yasmine
I would say that can be a workout indeed. lol
----
29.04.2011 - 02:51
ANGEL REAPER
In that case than i am truly working out....
----
29.04.2011 - 03:25
Yasmine
I ran 2k today and wanted to pass out.
----
29.04.2011 - 03:47
ANGEL REAPER
Try to reach 5-7....now that is my regular summer distance...although i can run even more in one shot....yes i am strong bastard.....
----
29.04.2011 - 06:11
Yasmine
I can't go more than 2k right now, I'd pass out, I want to be able to get to 4k soon.
----
29.04.2011 - 13:55
ANGEL REAPER
Just keep going more and more in each run...you will be able to run half-marathon easily ....not kidding....
----