Well?

Dark Funeral
Korn
I'm gay.

Total votes: 159
19.01.2008 - 03:51
Damnated
Churchburner
I've said in the Dark Funeral thread that i'd chose Korn over Dark Funeral any day, and since pyro suggested it would be a great idea to see how many people share my opinion, i created this poll.

so, vote. and try to comment your decision.

My vote goes for Korn, simply because unlike Dark Funeral they actually made music, pioneered a genre, and stayed original for all those years.

READ THIS FIRST

i'm not asking which of these bands you like. personally i don't like neither, i don't listen nor to Korn nor to Dark Funeral. i don't care what you like. i made this thread to see how many people PREFER Dark funeral over Korn or vice-versa. if you had (and you have if you visit this thread) to pick one over the other, which one would you pick? the gay option meant to be a joke, so far a lot of you fell for it.

if it's confusing then don't vote and most definitely don't post.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.01.2008 - 04:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I vote for Korn. I'm not a fan of both bands, but at least Korn has been progressing and practically reinventing themselves over the years.
19.01.2008 - 04:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
LOOOOOOOOL....
I saw your comment for some hours ago.. But I didn't think you would do a poll for that.

What that hell the answer "I'M GAY" means??? xD
Anyway.. I don't like Dark Funeral.. for me it's like norsecore... worse than Marduk. Marduk has at least some tracks that are very good... But DF just doesn't work for me.

I vote for Korn, because I think that it's the best band in the genre Nu metal... and the first cds are actually good. and I really like the song "Falling away from me"
I listened to that osng when I was 7 years.. and I still like it.

If Korn wins this Poll... I will laugh as fuck ajjajajajajajja
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 05:19
Stigmatized
Korn. Basically for the reason pyro said.
19.01.2008 - 05:50
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I voted for Korn but I have to say that I love Dark Funeral.

Everyone who likes his/her metal heavy and hateful should praise Korn's debut, one of the most amazing metal albums EVER.
19.01.2008 - 09:36
Fuath
@damnated: you said youd choose dark funeral over korn any day
so why did you choose korn
as with all the polls here, its matter of opinion
so im going with dark funeral
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.01.2008 - 11:05
Sunioj
Korn, duh.

@Fuath,
A matter of opinion? Duh.
19.01.2008 - 11:25
Charly546
Dark Funeral. Not because I like them much, but I really can't stand all the nu-metal stuff.

And do my eyes deceive me, or is Korn currently leading this poll?
19.01.2008 - 11:39
Fuath
Written by Charly546 on 19.01.2008 at 11:25

i know, i think there is something wrong with the poll
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.01.2008 - 11:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Fuath on 19.01.2008 at 11:39

Written by Charly546 on 19.01.2008 at 11:25

i know, i think there is something wrong with the poll

Yeah.. we're mad...all the guys that vote for Korn are mad...
That's sounds stupid...

I voted for Korn for a reason... They can make fresh music by avery album. And they don't give a F*uckl if all they guys hate them or not. They just do what they want and like... And that's a very good thing.

I have the same reason that Pyro gave...
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 12:09
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Fuath on 19.01.2008 at 09:36

typo . and lol, someone is randomly gay.

and about the results, i'm not surprised at all. I would have been surprised if DF would be winning the poll.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.01.2008 - 12:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Damnated on 19.01.2008 at 12:09

and about the results, i'm not surprised at all. I would have been surprised if DF would be winning the poll.

Man... Why did you put a gay option? xD!?!!?
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 12:19
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.01.2008 at 12:17

it was random. but i see that it is useful, lmao.
----

19.01.2008 - 12:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Damnated on 19.01.2008 at 12:19

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.01.2008 at 12:17

it was random. but i see that it is useful, lmao.

A nice and very civil way to see wich ones are gays... interesting jajajajajaj...
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 12:38
Xaphiris
lol I don't think we can check who voted for what...
----
19.01.2008 - 12:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
What a bad news.....
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 13:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a poll I would not vote about last option but definitly i think DF are more better because Korn stinks more
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.01.2008 - 19:00
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
the bands try to achieve very different things with their music and therefore, the only comparison that can be made is between how good they are at what they do. and frankly, I think Korn is better at what they do than DF is. If the poll included a more prominent and innovative black metal band (say Emperor or Mayhem) I would have much more trouble deciding.
19.01.2008 - 19:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm gay.

Aside from that, I just had to hop on the bandwagon on vote for Korn. As most of you have said, they may be hated for what they do, but they have been far more original. Still, the only release of both bands that I want to listen to is a live bootleg from Dark Funeral, cause it has some flesh-ripping raw vocals.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.01.2008 - 19:23
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I actually enjoy many songs by Korn. Whether or not you like them, they did create a new genre of Metal that became extremely popular and brought in a whole new generation of Metalheads.
----
(space for rent)
19.01.2008 - 21:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Bad English on 19.01.2008 at 13:49

What a poll I would not vote about last option but definitly i think DF are more better because Korn stinks more

You can write a better opinion than that man

DF in the Black metal scence = Nothing so special.
Korn in the Nu metal scence = They are very original and one of the first [if not the very first] band with that kind of sound.

I don't know why so many people hate Korn... They don't need to hate it... they need to hate the Mtv that shows more Korn than other metal bands... that's all.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 21:47
Richard
Elite

Yeah - amongst the younger generation who grew up with Korn - who are the very 'newbies' you said were madly in love with Dark Funeral! So it kind of pisses on your original point, really...
----
19.01.2008 - 22:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 19.01.2008 at 21:47

Yeah - amongst the younger generation who grew up with Korn - who are the very 'newbies' you said were madly in love with Dark Funeral! So it kind of pisses on your original point, really...

About younger egneration, whan i was in 16 all ;sitened band slike Blink , Green Day, Weener, White Stripes, but I was more digging into pats metal, in metal what was recordet in time whan I was to young or even i wanst born, and nowdays I almoust listen old metal band, moutsly old albums, and ignore new bands
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.01.2008 - 22:46
Fuath

really? i thought DF would be winning, cause korn have alot of hate going for them
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

20.01.2008 - 00:24
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
What the hell ? How can Korn be winning this, how in the world, i don't care if these guys invented nu-metal, which happens to be a disgrace to the metal scene in general, i would call it poser-metal. Nothing special in the music, really boring, it gives me no inspiration at all. And on the other hand we have Dark Funeral, a band of talented musicians who play good BM and they actually do stand out a bit from the BM scene. They're not just another band. This thread is like metalheads gone wrong.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
20.01.2008 - 00:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha, awesome thread! Dark Funeral is an okay band, haven't listened to them that much. Korn is the worst shit in the world of Metal... okay maybe not, but I really dislike them and think they make fucking boring and weird music
----
20.01.2008 - 01:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Visioneerie on 20.01.2008 at 00:24

They're not just another band. This thread is like metalheads gone wrong.

Jjajajajajaj you sound sooooo narrow-minded.
For me DF is ok... but it's nothing special in the Black metal scence IMO... there are a lot of better bands...

In the case of Korn.. they can make some PROGRESS with each album... I don't see that thing in DF music..
But that's my taste of course.
I still don't understand the hate that many people feel against Korn.. I mean is not THAT bad as all the guys think...
Like Southern Wind said before... their debut album is exellent.. it's unique...
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2008 - 04:01
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I'm not that narrow minded, i actually like alot of metal, although more into the extreme. The only genres i don't listen to is nu, power and metalcore. I just don't understand how the majority would vote for Korn. It's nice to see they make progress from album to album, but i just don't like their music and i can't see how most people prefer their music than DF. Anyways, question of personal taste.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
20.01.2008 - 04:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Visioneerie on 20.01.2008 at 04:01

I'm not that narrow minded, i actually like alot of metal, although more into the extreme. The only genres i don't listen to is nu, power and metalcore. I just don't understand how the majority would vote for Korn. It's nice to see they make progress from album to album, but i just don't like their music and i can't see how most people prefer their music than DF. Anyways, question of personal taste.

I feel you man... I'm the only guy in my school who listen to metal in a serious way...
And a lot of poeple don't understand my music... xD, sooo that's right. There are only personal tastes.
Who knows.. maybe DF will win the poll or maybe not... anyway that will not proof anything, because you will like them anyway and that's the point.

Sorry for the Narrow-mind thingie.....
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.01.2008 - 06:10
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i opened this thread up expecting to see an overwhelming win for Dark funeral, but not to be... i voted dark funeral - i used to like KorN a while ago but not any more, and i love diabolus interim and the secret of the dark arts albums by DF good quality BM
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains