Other (please specify)
Progressive Metal
Folk/Viking Metal
Heavy Metal
Gothic Metal

Total votes: 535
17.05.2006 - 23:37
Daru Jericho
So what's your favourite metal subgenre? Mine is progressive metal; love it's creativity and with lengthy songs it gives the artists enough time to produce a lot of diversity within a track. Most of the time the musicians are highly skilled as well as being able to combine emotion into their music. Additionally, I find that this genre of music can be very experimental at times.

Btw, if your favourite genre is not on the poll it's because I didn't have enough space to put it on. So click other and say what your favourite genre is.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.05.2006 - 23:45
Dam3k
HEY! yo my friend sup? Well I've voted heavy metal!! the classic stuff of heavy metal bands > me =) bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Manowar... are legends!! The heavy metal is the genre I enjoy the most but the one I think the best is progressive genre for sure... hard to decide but I'm tired of new shitty stuff so HAIL the CLASSIC old school of metal!! HEAVY METAL!
----

17.05.2006 - 23:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Black metal, all the way. I also love doom and progressive, but the ultimate fav would be BM.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.05.2006 - 03:38
Conemetal
Death Metal is my fav, because the guitar sound, the powerfull and the agressivity
1. Death Metal
2. Thrash Metal
3. Heavy Metal
I like some of Progressive Metal and Doom Metal too.
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
18.05.2006 - 03:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
folk/viking.........im sorry, but when your sitting in your car driving and your friend pulls out a finntroll cd, how can you turn that down?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 04:11
Daibh
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 18.05.2006 at 03:43

folk/viking.........im sorry, but when your sitting in your car driving and your friend pulls out a finntroll cd, how can you turn that down?

You can't!

....And on a sidenote, myself and my fiance have planned to have Finntroll play at our wedding. There is no more amusing image than a handful of drunk guests dancing to what is essentially thrash polka.
18.05.2006 - 04:41
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i used to be more into power, heavy and thrash but recently i'm getting more into progressive and death...specially death, there r so many things to learn
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
18.05.2006 - 05:27
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Written by [user id=1457] on 18.05.2006 at 04:11

Written by Doc G. on 18.05.2006 at 03:43

You can't!

....And on a sidenote, myself and my fiance have planned to have Finntroll play at our wedding. There is no more amusing image than a handful of drunk guests dancing to what is essentially thrash polka.

awesomeness!!! lol yeah well that will be a pretty cool wedding HAHAHA

in my case it is power though im opening everyday more and more to other genres like death and folk, power is my thing sooo yeah... runner up gothic and prog..
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
18.05.2006 - 05:40
Deus Ex Machina
Well...first is i guess Suomi metal since i love a lot of bands type of Charon,Entwine etc.
Then industrial,gothic and melodic death + i'm open for any symphonic black metal stuff that may cross my path.
Next would be doom,but i'm very picky when it comes to that genre because there are doom bands that bore me to death and there are those who are amazing-there's nothing in between.

So yeah...hmmm...i'll vote other
18.05.2006 - 12:00
Baz Anderson
Staff
power metallllll!
haha - it has to be for me. msot of my favorite bands are power metal bands
second would be either traditional heavy metal, or death metal - and then black, and then thrash
18.05.2006 - 12:57
Sinsanity
Account deleted
Black Metal - because it's tormented and cold, sick and insane, because hate is painful, and because it always gives me feelings, emotions...which except some doom metal bands, nothing else managed to do. And not less important, because I like the voice, and generally, the people behind the Black Metal.
18.05.2006 - 15:46
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I mostly listen to black metal - and If I have to choose only one genre, then I guess it is obvious where my vote goes. Power metal would have been my second pick.
18.05.2006 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Where is doom metal?
This time I vote, but I dont like vite specely in this topic, because all metal subganres for me are great, and I listen all but not power metal, only sometimes,
Moustly I like traditional/heavy metal 30%, doom metal 30%, and black Metal 20%
Then outhers 20%
I like change metal styles, and I dont hawe fav genres so it depends how I feel
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2006 - 21:52
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
Folk and Viking metal all the way!!!!!
What can be more uplifting and positive than some good old folk metal ^^ I love the diversity of the instruments in folk and those cheesy melodies. Also this is very good music for drinking whatsoever ^^
Viking metal, oooi, that epic sound makes me shiver throughout the body ... anf the lyrics are enojyable. I love history, I love mythology, I love viking sagas, what can be more purrfect for me than Viking?

I also like power metal. I am not sure why, but I guess because of my high-pitched vocals fetish But the music is very enjoyable indeed ^^;
----
-Lily
18.05.2006 - 22:57
Dam3k
I'm the unique who voted heavy metal?? Where's the old classic metal schooL? Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Rainbow and so on? This web should be called Extreme-metal storm
----

18.05.2006 - 23:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lily_Lazer on 18.05.2006 at 21:52

Folk and Viking metal all the way!!!!!
What can be more uplifting and positive than some good old folk metal ^^ I love the diversity of the instruments in folk and those cheesy melodies. Also this is very good music for drinking whatsoever ^^
Viking metal, oooi, that epic sound makes me shiver throughout the body ... anf the lyrics are enojyable. I love history, I love mythology, I love viking sagas, what can be more purrfect for me than Viking?

I also like power metal. I am not sure why, but I guess because of my high-pitched vocals fetish But the music is very enjoyable indeed ^^;

I agree metal are only music genre where lyrcs are about history, fantasy everything
Black metal its about satanism, nature, paganism, history, .......
Traditional are about bocks, pirates, movies, heros, history(Running Wild, X-Wild, Stormwitch, Iron Maiden,.....)
Power about fantasies, tails, legends, dragons...
Doom - are poetic(Poema Arcanus, Pantheist)
Only metal are music genre where can be so many lyrical themes, and it depends of composer, and his imagination, but some lyrcs are only text, nothing more
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2006 - 23:35
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
For the mighty sword of the king of the dragon that was raised by the magic winds, I give my vote to Power Metal!

Just check my profile, I'm a Power Metal maniac. Nightwish is my favourite band, but Sonata Arctica and Blind Guardian are up there in my top 5 as well. I also enjoy Stratovarius, Dark Moor, Vanishing Point, Kamelot... Just give me good melodies and well-thought harmonic structures!

My rating is:

1. Power Metal (Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian...)
2. Progressive Metal (Dream Theater, Vanishing Point...)
3. Folk Metal (Mägo De Oz, Finntroll...)
4. Thrash Metal (Metallica, Mekong Delta...)
5. Gothic Metal (Within Temptation, Lacrimosa...)
6. Melodic Death Metal (In Flames, Dark Tranquillity... I'm pretty new to this)
7. Heavy Metal (mostly Iron Maiden, but I also enjoy Judas Priest, Iced Earth which I consider Power-Heavy-Thrash...)
8. Industrial Metal (mostly Rammstein)

(Those were the styles that I usually listen to. It gets downhill from here)
9. Death Metal (I only listen to Hypocrisy from time to time)
10. Nu-Metal (can't stand simplicity in metal)
11. Grindcore (I've never heard a grindcore song that I like)
12. Black Metal (For sure, it's the genre that I despise most. I've tried to understand it with 1349, Immortal, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Burzum... without any success. I only like Anorexia Nervosa, but I guess you cannot label them as pure Black Metal)

Can't vote for Doom or Stoner Metal as I own no albums matching these genres.
19.05.2006 - 01:15
Laevos
Account deleted
I really enjoy all genres of metal (BM not so much...), but since these days I'm listening to a lot death/ melodic death metal bands, I chose this one from the poll. But actually I don't have a preference about it.

@Daibh: That's great! I hope luck for ya, dude!
19.05.2006 - 01:56
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
My favorite genre is the old school/traditional heavy metal (NWOBHM mostly), any metalic genre also melodic rock. What genres I can't stand are black metal, gothic rock/metal, eu flower power metal, death/doom, except that if it's metalic and done good it ok in my book.
20.05.2006 - 04:08
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Death metal right now, thanks to Opeth. But I know they're not pure... I really like a mix of genres, and I listen to all of them although I'm still opposed to most nu metal. What I would've voted has changed over the years. I want from hair metal to power to heavy to prog to death, and the branched out to a lot of genres like industrial (Which I previously hated) so... it's a mix, to be more accurate.
20.05.2006 - 11:55
Eternal Flames
My favourite would have to be Power without a doubt, though Traditional, Heavy, Symphonic and Progressive follow closely behind. Most of my favourite bands are within this genre and it was also the first Metal genre I had heard. Nowadays I listen to pretty much all types of Metal, with quite a lot of Death, Black and Thrash, although Power still remains my favourite because I have been listening to it for so long.
20.05.2006 - 14:24
Yova
Melodic Death, Symphonic/Melodic Black, Viking/Folk, Extreme Power...but if I have to choose one not so specific...I choose Black Metal
----
...if there was a single day I could live...
...a single breath I could take...
...I'll trade all the others away...
20.05.2006 - 19:28
Hylia
I'd have to go with Black metal because thats the genre I listen to most.I think it has the best lyrics and it is the most intresting genre.My second favorite is Death metal.
20.05.2006 - 19:35
Trifixion
Account deleted
Overall my favorite is Death Metal. I just like alot more of it as a genre all together. Sure my favorite two bands may be a Thrah and a Heavy band but I like DM alot more as a genre than those two. I think it offers the most diversity of all the genres, whether you want technicality, brutality, melody, there's a DM band for just about anything. BM isn't too far behind.
20.05.2006 - 20:30
Bankler
Account deleted
I like almost all Heavy Metal and Power Metal. Proggresive Metal is abit tricky. Some songs don´t sounds good at all and some songs sounds better than all other Metal. But in the end: Progressive Metal is best!
20.05.2006 - 21:09
Horlequism
Account deleted
@AtLossForWords: Yeah, I'm with you...I don't have to tell people on MS what my fav sub-genre of metal is because it's obvious enough...
21.05.2006 - 01:01
Dragonheart
Account deleted
European Power Metal for me. Bring on the cheese Also, anything that's melodic (and I mean really melodic), unless it's too depressing.
21.05.2006 - 01:21
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by AtLossForWords on 20.05.2006 at 21:03

take a guess 8)

I guess you like Spam Metal
21.05.2006 - 15:13
Daru Jericho
I'm surprised to see power metal second to death. My prediction was that power metal would be absolute first. Interesting, people.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.05.2006 - 15:25
Kurzag
Account deleted
Black, Folk and Doom is the genres I listen to most. So I vote for Black. Its the genre i´m most comfortable with. I like the atmosphre it creates, the lyrics and the riffs are catchy.