Asylum

Total votes: 32
05.08.2011 - 23:41
MickeyDeez79
Best Disturbed Studio Album
06.08.2011 - 23:07
JD
Account deleted
I remember back in the day that I used to like "The Sickness" so I voted for it.
07.08.2011 - 02:19
Pazu
The Sickness is good but Ten Thousand Fists surpasses it. This album is just plain fun to listen to. 'I'm Alive', 'Sons Of Plunder', 'Pain Redefined' . . . so many great and memorable moments. Asylum and Believe are pretty weak compared, though. Indestructible is ok.
07.08.2011 - 02:55
Metal_4Ever
Written by MickeyDeez79 on 05.08.2011 at 23:41

Best Disturbed Studio Album

Read the rules of posting!
07.08.2011 - 07:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Dear op, please expand your thoughts in your original post. why this poll? what is your favorite? why?

else it's just spam.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.08.2011 - 19:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Have no, I think i have heard all, but only once, so cant choose I would vote if its be song but my fav band song is a cover so ....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.08.2011 - 23:07
Indestructible is their best and darkest. TAKE YOUR PLACE INSIDE THE FIRE WITH HER!!!!:banger2:
26.08.2011 - 11:57
qlacs
"The Quaker"
None.
----
10.09.2012 - 01:41
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Ten Thousand Fists is good but it was done poorly. The vocals are often times off, and the songwriting was sometimes sub-par.

Indestructible, while not the album with the most varying tracks, is by far the most well-done album they've done. Good songs, decent writing, and the best recording they've ever done--especially on the vocals. Never has David done his vocal style so perfectly as he has on Indestructible.

Asylum was probably the most creative and interesting, but it wasn't pulled off very well... even worse than Ten Thousand Fists.
----
17.09.2013 - 04:41
Lião
Account deleted
Asylum or Believe, can't choose yet. By the way, I know it's hard to classify music nowdays, but I'm pretty sure their most recent album has an metal approach, even if everyone classify them as "mallcore". The self titled is ingenuous nu metal, but the songwriting after Believe got more mature and darker, rather than the previously dirt words and "the pain inside". If peoples classify Alice In Chains and Soundgarden as "metal", Indestructible could be classified as such, perhaps by the modern metal standards.

Aw, fuck it. Disturbed is an funny band anyway.
17.09.2013 - 19:28
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Believe for me, but I like all the others too.
22.09.2013 - 22:25
DaveBarlow
Ten thousands fists is my fave.
Industriclbe second fave
The other 3 are a bit meh. Even though tbf, I never really gave 'Asylum' a proper listen as when it came out, I was out of my Disturbed phase and listening to heavier music
23.09.2013 - 14:14
DaveBarlow
^ just listened to 'Asylum' and I actually really like it! I was really surprised about how much I did! Few good catch songs; 'Asylum' and 'Another way to die' but I think the infection is my fave!
19.11.2016 - 09:04
Ganondox
Was hard to make the decision between Indestructible and Ten Thousand Fists, and eventually settled with TTF because while Indestructible is more technically proficient, it's just not as catchy as TTF.
20.11.2016 - 01:46
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
I'd go with Indestructible but Ten Thousand Fists is also pretty good.
20.11.2016 - 21:03
Mik
Account deleted
The sickness is their only somewhat acceptable album, everything else just flat out sucks. Perhaps they matured a bit but at the same time they became so ultimately boring. Nu metal should be fun, otherwise its a hopeless genre.
21.11.2016 - 01:50
Ganondox
Written by [user id=160508] on 20.11.2016 at 21:03

The sickness is their only somewhat acceptable album, everything else just flat out sucks. Perhaps they matured a bit but at the same time they became so ultimately boring. Nu metal should be fun, otherwise its a hopeless genre.

I find the Sickness far more boring than their later stuff, no interesting riffs.
21.11.2016 - 21:10
Mik
Account deleted
Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 01:50

I find the Sickness far more boring than their later stuff, no interesting riffs.

Their later stuff doesnt really have interesting riffs too as far as I can tell, just mindless guitar playing which all sounds the same. The sickness has at least a fun aura to it which is somehow appealing. Nothing extraordinary, but some very nice hooks to get pumped. All their other stuff sounds like one song, sorry.
21.11.2016 - 21:42
Ganondox
Written by [user id=160508] on 21.11.2016 at 21:10

Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 01:50

Their later stuff doesnt really have interesting riffs too as far as I can tell, just mindless guitar playing which all sounds the same. The sickness has at least a fun aura to it which is somehow appealing. Nothing extraordinary, but some very nice hooks to get pumped. All their other stuff sounds like one song, sorry.

Disturbed has a ton of great riffs, doesn't sound the same at all. Stricken and The Night have some of the best riffs in 21st century metal and sound very different from each other. Going beyond the guitarwork, Draiman's vocal range is also expanded on the later albums due to surgery, technically their latter work is just objectively more diverse and complex than The Sickness. The one thing The Sickness has going for it is that it relies more heavily on electronics, which adds some variety, and the vocals are generally more aggressive (though the later song "Enough" takes the record for the most aggressive Disturbed vocals during the bridge).
21.11.2016 - 22:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
With Mik on this. All I've heard from Disturbed post-Sickness has been flat out dull. Not bad exactly, just really sterile and unmemorable. I think I only have some fond memories of The Sickness because of the few songs that get played off it at every pleb-metal nightclub I've been to. Pretty sure nothing they've done approaches best of anything of the 21st century though
21.11.2016 - 23:21
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Here we go again. I foresee some serious derailing here as if the discussions on that genre despise thread wasn't boring enough.
21.11.2016 - 23:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 21.11.2016 at 23:21

Here we go again. I foresee some serious derailing here as if the discussions on that genre despise thread wasn't boring enough.

Well fortunately you can't really prove one way or another what's boring and what isn't so I foresee this ending fairly swiftly
21.11.2016 - 23:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well, discussing about Disturbed albums on a best Disturbed album poll isn't exactly a derail though...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.11.2016 - 23:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Weh? ^

[EDIT]

Ok that was weird, until I refreshed the page 3rdWorld had wrote the exact same comment as Karly.
21.11.2016 - 23:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 21.11.2016 at 23:39

Well, discussing about Disturbed albums on a best Disturbed album poll isn't exactly a derail though...

What Joe said. I kinda thought this might turn into some argument about what is boring and what's not rather than about Disturbed albums.
21.11.2016 - 23:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
And now it's being derailed with meta-commentary
21.11.2016 - 23:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Lol Joe, yeah I was just trying to mock the double post but Karly swiftly deleted it.

To be on topic (duh, boring), Decadence and Down with the sickness are the only two songs I've heard and I'd definitely pick the later. Here you go. The Sickness wins.
22.11.2016 - 02:35
Ganondox
Written by 3rdWorld on 21.11.2016 at 23:42

Written by Karlabos on 21.11.2016 at 23:39

What Joe said. I kinda thought this might turn into some argument about what is boring and what's not rather than about Disturbed albums.

Boring is an opinion. The fact later Disturbed has something The Sickness did not is not.
22.11.2016 - 06:17
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Ganondox on 22.11.2016 at 02:35

The fact later Disturbed has something The Sickness did not is not. = is an opinion.

22.11.2016 - 11:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"The Sickness focuses on streamlined and focused songwriting and style as opposed to later work's contrived attempts at complexity and diversity"

Funny how you can frame something to suit your facts

(That was pure devil's advocacy btw)