Metal Storm logo
European true metal scene... again!

18.05.2006 - 18:55
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Well here we go again with a thread about great but not so well known metal bands from the european metal scene.

Let's see some kind of a "brief" list of bands: Astral Doors (Swe), King Diamond (Den), T.N.T. (Nor), Battleroar (Gr), Dirty Deeds (UK), Baron Rojo (Spa), Ostrogoth (Bel), Wolf (Ger), Rage (Ger), Blaze (UK), Bruce Dickinson (UK), Sangre Azul (Spa), Chanel Zero (Bel), Primal Fear (Ger), Blood Thirsty Demons (It), Powergod (Ger), Morgana Lefay (Swe), Tad Morose (Swe), Artch (Nor), Conviction (Swe), Masterplan (Ger), Biomechanical (UK), Headless Cross (UK), Communic (Nor)...i think I could name a few more, but I guess it's enough.

First question when is the new Communic due to appear?

Second anybody got the Headless Cross EP - Burning Sanctuary released last year?

If you can't post something about bands listed here or that are not you usual eu flower power bands or we heard it 1000 times heavy metal done bad, please don't post. At least read the first post, please before you post about something that you can read in other threads.
18.05.2006 - 19:11
Lost One
Account deleted
It is for sale on Nuclear Blast mailorder as we speak, I believe..
And it has long been available for download as well.
Oh, and.. Bruce Dickinson not so well known?
18.05.2006 - 19:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If you wanna some good old school hard rock whit so nasty attitude try Arakain from czech republic
www.arakain.cz band sings in czech languege, but its amazing
Try videos "Zapomen" and "Zase Spis V Noce Sama"
Its amazing, and great rock band, but only whit Ales Britcka on lead vocals

And good band are Sabath from UK, Coroner from swiss, thrash and techmnical thrash/death metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2006 - 20:19
SteTech
Written by [user id=143] on 18.05.2006 at 19:11

It is for sale on Nuclear Blast mailorder as we speak, I believe..
And it has long been available for download as well.
Oh, and.. Bruce Dickinson not so well known?

Well his solo stuff is nowhere near as popular as Maiden
18.05.2006 - 20:52
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Respect to your taste in music and thread man, but this True Metal thing is a little over the top...
You have got quite a range of genres in that list, mainly Heavy and Power Metal, or a combination, why not just European Heavy/Power Metal?
True Metal to you is different to me thats all... as i understand, Metal is Metal, it is quite extensive. Everyone shares different opinions though i guess.

And the sub category option is not a genre, if you didnt realise, or maybe you did? I would have called it 'Scene' or something, as its used for filtering when the forum becomes larger.
There was no negative intention to be made there, sorry if there was.

From your list:
I like:

Astral Doors
King Diamond
Bruce Dickenson
Communic

Dislike:
Primal Fear
Masterplan
Biomechanical

And i'll add to it:
Persuader (Sweden)
Wizard (Germany)
Cryonic Temple (Sweden)
Lost Horizon (Sweden)
Savage Circus (Germany)
Doomsword (Italy)
The Storyteller (Sweden)
18.05.2006 - 22:48
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Well it's actually "true", by this I'm reffering to bands that play heavy metal (power metal included also), if you remember on the old forum there was a thread started by Hellish Star. I'm not talking about the so well known flower power bands (or not so well known) for example. You don't have to like all the bands that is very true. probably I forgot to mention "a few" bands, but hey I can't really name them all. I have to agree with you on Doomsword & Cryonic Temple, but except that not really.
18.05.2006 - 23:06
pyroclasm
Account deleted
Some good, not all so well-known powermetal bands are:

Alkemyst, Axenstar, Burning Point, Cydonia, Desdemona, Domine, Frozen Tears, Heavenly, Hemisphere, Highlord, Human Fortress, Labyrinth, Ligeia, Lost Horizon, Lunatica, Magica, Morifade, Nostradameus, Odyssea, Secret Sphere, Skylark, Symphorce, Thy Majestie, Wizard,...
18.05.2006 - 23:09
Dam3k
Here are a few with the style and the country if u wanna I can share some stuff:
Barón Rojo (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain) Ebony Ark(power metal, Spain),Sphinx (power metal, Spain) Mr.Big (hard rock, USA) Skizoo (heavy metal, Spain) Beethoven R. (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain)
----

18.05.2006 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About power bands here are some: Domini Magica from Sweden
The Arrow from Russia and Salamandra from Slovakia, thay had great album "Brave Moravian Elegies" and its amazing, but Brainstorm are good too
----

18.05.2006 - 23:57
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Dam3k on 18.05.2006 at 23:09

Barón Rojo (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain) Ebony Ark(power metal, Spain) (...) Beethoven R. (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain)

Come on, Beethoven R. sucks as much as Sínkope or Básico (j/k, but I don't like these bands at all).

Nevertheless, I support the other bands you mentioned, especially Barón Rojo and Ebony Ark. The former are the milestone of Spanish Heavy Metal, and the latter is a very nice female-fronted band from here that plays Power and Gothic Metal. I've written something about these in the "Spanish Metal" thread.
19.05.2006 - 01:01
Daru Jericho
There are so many amazing European bands but I'll mention one I love: Catamenia. Melodic black metal from Finland. I'd recommend them to those into extreme metal.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

19.05.2006 - 01:41
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@pyroclasm: none of the bands you named are worth being here...won't comment why except most of them are bad example of flower power metal (Magica, Skylark, Burning Point for example).

@Dam3k: except Baron Rojo the other bands are just not to be put here...

@Daru Jericho: did you at least read the first post here??? Not a black metal thread not a death metal thread...just heavy metal, and US styled power metal, why do you poeple just get it wrong every time?

Please stop posting about bands that have nothing to do with the ones I gave in the example, there just so many other threads dedicated to them, go post there...

Hellis Star, Lord Elden were are you, could use your help here.
19.05.2006 - 11:29
Lord Elden
Account deleted
Written by Dark Cornatus on 18.05.2006 at 20:52
Respect to your taste in music and thread man, but this True Metal thing is a little over the top...
You have got quite a range of genres in that list, mainly Heavy and Power Metal, or a combination, why not just European Heavy/Power Metal?
True Metal to you is different to me thats all... as i understand, Metal is Metal, it is quite extensive. Everyone shares different opinions though i guess.

I don't see the term True Metal as a genre, it's a wider term covering several "true" genres. For instance, genres like Gothic Pop (Within Temptation) and Flower Metal (Stratovarius) doesn't belong there.

Some great European bands I like (a wide range of genres from NWOBHM to Thrash to Black):

Adramelch
Angel Witch
Artillery
Bathory
Battleroar
Blitzkrieg
Blood Thirsty Demons
Cloven Hoof
Dark Quarterer
Hexenhaus
King Diamond
L'impero Delle Ombre
Master's Hammer
Mercyful Fate
Pagan Altar
Paul Chain
Root
Sabbat
Satan
Seventh Angel
Witchcraft
Witchfinder General
19.05.2006 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4900] on 19.05.2006 at 11:29

I don't see the term True Metal as a genre, it's a wider term covering several "true" genres. For instance, genres like Gothic Pop (Withing Temptation) and Flower Metal (Stratovarius) doesn't belong there.

Some great European bands I like (a wide range of genres from NWOBHM to Thrash to Black):

Adramelch
Angel Witch
Artillery
Bathory
Battleroar
Blitzkrieg
Blood Thirsty Demons
Cloven Hoof
Dark Quarterer
Hexenhaus
King Diamond
L'impero Delle Ombre
Master's Hammer
Mercyful Fate
Pagan Altar
Paul Chain
Root
Sabbat
Satan
Seventh Angel
Witchcraft
Witchfinder General

Man from those bands what you mention cool are
Witchfider Genereal, if al metal album covers will be like this
Greta NVOBHM/Doom metal band

Angel witch
Bathory - I wont coment its not usefull

Kind Diamond/Mericull Fate

Sabbat - You mean thrash metal band from UK

But what Root doing here, its ehhh only Venom coppy, nothing more worts czech band after Torr

Try Arakain and Kabath, thay rocks
----

19.05.2006 - 12:12
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted

And the sub category option is not a genre, if you didnt realise, or maybe you did? I would have called it 'Scene' or something, as its used for filtering when the forum becomes larger.
There was no negative intention to be made there, sorry if there was.

Agreed with this statement, it certainly does differ, but there is some overlapping as several would agree in liking the same particular bands
19.05.2006 - 16:46
Dam3k
Written by Taktsekte on 18.05.2006 at 23:57

Written by Dam3k on 18.05.2006 at 23:09

Barón Rojo (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain) Ebony Ark(power metal, Spain) (...) Beethoven R. (hard rock//heavy metal, Spain)

Come on, Beethoven R. sucks as much as Sínkope or Básico (j/k, but I don't like these bands at all).

Nevertheless, I support the other bands you mentioned, especially Barón Rojo and Ebony Ark. The former are the milestone of Spanish Heavy Metal, and the latter is a very nice female-fronted band from here that plays Power and Gothic Metal. I've written something about these in the "Spanish Metal" thread.

You can dislike the band but don't say they suck cuz they don't suck, cannot them play their instruments well?? So they don't suck, it's and TRUE metal band, and that's cool cuz there aren't so many nowadays, they are closer to Barón Rojo so if Barón Rojo doesn't suck Beethoven R. neither
----

19.05.2006 - 18:01
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by [user id=4900] on 19.05.2006 at 11:29

I don't see the term True Metal as a genre, it's a wider term covering several "true" genres. For instance, genres like Gothic Pop (Withing Temptation) and Flower Metal (Stratovarius) doesn't belong there.

Lets just leave it at we share different opinions.
For one WT, is NOT Gothic, agreed it is mainly pop though. If you listen carefully though, it is not always so soft, and can be classed as Metal too, i call it Atmospheric Metal/Pop.
Flower Metal, again, its your opinion, but Stratovarius were not always so glamorous, the early days they had Heavy Metal in them

@Venom: How does Persuader, who i feel fit this style easily not apply?
Download this video for conformation
http://www.persuader.nu/video/thehunter.mpg (56.8Mb, but worth it)
For Music
http://www.persuader.nu/main.php#

Fair enough about you dont think the other 3 fit in, but i dont believe popularity should disclude them, They have more Power elements than Heavy, you guys seem to go for the straight forward Heavy Metal bands it seems, especially when your mentioning KD and MF.
19.05.2006 - 20:26
Daru Jericho
@VenoM_BM: Sorry about that. I thought it was just good European metal. I just forgot this was the melodic metal forum :X

Anyhow, a good metal band no one seems to have mentioned is Diamond Head, good UK NWoBHM.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

19.05.2006 - 20:40
Hellish Star
How about;
Ram
Communic
Artch
Eldritch
Shadow Keep
Beyond Twilight
Blitzkrieg
Brainstorm
Mezarkabul
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.05.2006 - 23:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 19.05.2006 at 20:40

How about;
Ram
Communic
Artch
Eldritch
Shadow Keep
Beyond Twilight
Blitzkrieg
Brainstorm
Mezarkabul

From those bands I mention Brainstorm and I can not understand why theya re so lowe raiting and not popular they are amazing and great, I dont remeber what I post about them, searc @ Taksektes opend tread "Best Of Power Metal" there are something

Frome those band si knownames Beyound Twilight, Eldrich I know names, but what thay play?
I quote my self

Quote:
@Taktsekte what are you think about Brainstorm, german power metal band?
I think thay play prity nice music, not like traditional power bands, thay dont use keebords, thay wrote prity nice lyrics and thay had crappy artworck, morelike death/thrash metal not how power metal, specely
in "Hungry"
"Unholy" art work are bether but still not traditional ower metal art work.
My friend give me this CD

Thay had song "King Of Fools" in album "Hungry", Edguy sings similar song, deos Edguy sings Brainstorm cover?

This is what I post last time
----

20.05.2006 - 09:02
Lord Elden
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.05.2006 at 11:33

Yeah.

But what Root doing here, its ehhh only Venom coppy, nothing more worts czech band after Torr

I would have to disagree there, IMHO they don't sound that similar to Venom at all.
20.05.2006 - 10:35
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite

How about;
Ram
Communic
Artch
Eldritch
Shadow Keep
Beyond Twilight
Blitzkrieg
Brainstorm
Mezarkabul

I dont see how Beyond Twilight fits into this scene.
Its really just Progressive Metal.

Communic most definatly, but they are already mentioned.

Communic's new album is definatly one to look out for, shouldnt be too long now.
20.05.2006 - 10:47
Lost One
Account deleted
From VenoM_BM's list, I think Rage and Masterplan are the two most interesting bands, but Communic and Morgana Lefay are also pretty damn cool. The new Communic album is really something and I can recommend it to anyone who liked their last album or who likes their genre in general.

On the topic of Masterplan, I'm extremely sad that Jorn Lande left the band due to musical differences. I'm just glad that his solo career is blossoming. I mean, he is headlining the ProgPower festival in America! Talking about a job well done.

Oh, and might I add the not-so-unknown true metallers 'Dream Evil' (Sweden) to the list? I love their old-school and comical approach to classic heavy metal, with great musicianship and catchy songs. The guitar work is spot-on too, and some of the lyrics are just too good to be true.
20.05.2006 - 10:49
Hellish Star
Written by Dark Cornatus on 20.05.2006 at 10:35

How about;
Ram
Communic
Artch
Eldritch
Shadow Keep
Beyond Twilight
Blitzkrieg
Brainstorm
Mezarkabul

I dont see how Beyond Twilight fits into this scene.
Its really just Progressive Metal.

Communic most definatly, but they are already mentioned.

Communic's new album is definatly one to look out for, shouldnt be too long now.

Beyond Twilight is more than just a progressive metal band. I understand what you mean but I mentioned them because their style is so dark they definitly deserve a place in this topic...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
20.05.2006 - 14:59
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
For songs like Shadow Self i guess yeh.
20.05.2006 - 16:27
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Dark Cornatus: the bands here aren't really supposed to be of only one genre...that's why I tried to mentioned quite a few bands. As Hellish star said the "darkness" of the music they play makes them "true" (stupid explanation ).
21.05.2006 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4900] on 20.05.2006 at 09:02

Yeah.

I would have to disagree there, IMHO they don't that similar to Venom at all.

But thayt are more satanic how Venom, so I like more Venom how Root and yes thay are same.
I hear Interwiew whit Venom and Root and well I like more Venom how Root
----

21.05.2006 - 01:02
okt31
Account deleted
Griffin - I've just seen them opening for King Diamond in and they ruled! I've listened since to their latest album, Lifeforce, it' really good.
Lost Horizon, Symphorce, Artch, Cage - some great bands, even if not all are Euopean (Cage are from USA but play fantastic heavy metal)
21.05.2006 - 15:03
danzig111
Account deleted
@VenoM_BM: Dude...... Primal Fear, Bruce Dickinson and King Diamond are well known! ......aren't they?
21.05.2006 - 17:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Danzing man thay are legends Bruce starts in Samso then IM, then slol carier, but I think he is not so known ijn Samsen era how in IM
But Kind Diamon/Mericfull Fate are here who dont know them?
About Primar Fear well they atrev not so known butv still famouse
----