Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Launch Crowdfunding, Reach First Goal

Wintersun's third full length album, The Forest Seasons, is now available for pre-order. The band launched their crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for their own headquarter studio and the first goal has been reached. You can order the new album included in the massive "Forest Package" directly from the band, which includes the digital high quality files of the new album as well as the instrumental version of the release, a version with isolated tracks and both their last two albums with a remastered sound. In addition, you will also receive the audio of the band's show "Live At Tuska 2013".

This package can be purchased through indiegogo throughout the month of March. Once the campaign ends, the crowdfunding package will no longer be available.

Watch the campaign video of Wintersun including snippets of new song material here:

In July, Nuclear Blast will release the physical formats of The Forest Seasons (the pre-order will start soon) and on the same day, you will receive the download link for "The Forest Package" if you purchased the album directly from the band.

Source: indiegogo.com
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 02.03.2017 by poison-evie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 383 users
02.03.2017 - 13:46
Sword_Chant
Creating an album and then making it's release a matter of life or death... relying on a sufficient number of fans to then secure/ ensure it actually comes out is just plain odd. As much as I like Wintersun's music, I will not be spending $50, when I could get a physical copy post release for less than a quarter of that price. I suspect a lot of other fans who don't have that kind of money will be doing the same thing.
02.03.2017 - 13:48
FeskarN
I thought that the album would be released at the end of the campaign, but due to NB we have to wait til summer... But anyway looking forward to this new and fresh album, samples sounds really good, especially "Eternal Darkness" sounds dark and brutal. Love it!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
02.03.2017 - 14:48
FeskarN
Someone need to make a meme of Jari with that "To The STARS!"
----
02.03.2017 - 15:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Didn't watch, don't really keep up, but wasn't there supposed to be Time II?

is this in lieu of it? same album with different title makes it seem some (far) less delayed?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.03.2017 - 15:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by BitterCOld on 02.03.2017 at 15:00

don't really keep up, but wasn't there supposed to be Time II?

They said Time II needs another studio to be consolidated because of its inherent awesomeness
So they started doing this other one instead
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
02.03.2017 - 15:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Their crowdfunding is absurd. i've kicked in to help a band record an album, but always a reasonable target. studio, building and taxes?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.03.2017 - 15:28
Vombatus
Potorro
50? for a fucking album. No less. Can they be more greedy?
These guys remind of me of Ne Obliviscaris, begging their fans to fund their life (so they could quite their jobs and go on tour). That HQ plan is ridiculous, feel sorry for the people dumb enough to give in to their unreasonable demands.
02.03.2017 - 15:42
Yugosaki
I paid
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
02.03.2017 - 16:05
Kuroboshi
Jari just looks like the ultimate troll.
02.03.2017 - 16:16
Sword_Chant
Written by FeskarN on 02.03.2017 at 14:48

Someone need to make a meme of Jari with that "To The STARS!"

TO THE SAUNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
02.03.2017 - 16:38
Derelict Earth
How the hell did they got that much backup when their motivation are so obviously a shameless scam ?!
02.03.2017 - 17:01
Rot Teufel
Learn how Jari composes and builds the Wintersun songs

so there'll be too an official guide step by step how to build your personal studio and made pay taxes to fans?
Seriously, the final goal is kinda carzy and scary, really scary...

Anyway it's really incredible how he has raised so far ?186,250 with just one offer package. I have seen other crowdfunding (mainly for games) that offers more different packages to support their project, from basic level to some big limited ones. Good for him that he's winning his bet with just one big package, but i don't undestand if the remastered version of the two old albums will done in their new studio or not. It's really unclear.
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
02.03.2017 - 17:22
FeskarN
Written by Rot Teufel on 02.03.2017 at 17:01

but i don't undestand if the remastered version of the two old albums will done in their new studio or not. It's really unclear.

They have stated that all of the materials is 100% done.
----
02.03.2017 - 17:24
moe5512
Why do people give this guy money?
He is a musical genius but so fucking pretentious.

In the video it looks like he gets an orgasm by looking at his own reflection
02.03.2017 - 17:47
poison-evie
I personally LOVE the idea of supporting a band directly, with the opportunity to buy product straight from the band. I think the overall idea of raising money for a studio is a worthy cause...The fans get to see where their money is going.
But at the same time, the price tag on it seems awfully high. I don't see why they can't just buy a piece of property/building for a cheaper price. I dunno, maybe I'm just ignorant on Finnish real estate price range?
Also, I don't think the fans should be the sole source of income for this project. Maybe a campaign to help cover like 30-50%, but the rest should come from the band members. They could go in on a mortgage. Put everyone's name and financial details on the mortgage application, therefore being qualified for a larger loan...
I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'll be purchasing the Forest Seasons package from Indiegogo. And that's just because I don't really care about the isolated tracks and instrumental versions. It would be a better deal for me if it came with the new album + a full length acoustic album and/or album of them doing cover songs.

What do you all think of the contents of the package??
02.03.2017 - 18:09
cossaisVendeurs
"Pay ?50 to feed ego."
02.03.2017 - 18:13
I'm glad there is a high enough demand after years of reading negative comments. I love the music and spending 50 bucks to get a lot of it seems justified compared to what I'm able to spend. And I always wanted Time I to sound different so I'm hopeful I'll prefer this version. If you can't afford the perk, I understand the hesitation to join in, luckily the package will be made available at some point even if you don't participate now, and my guess is there will be a separate version which costs less. Everyone else is just making a giant drama and should keep it to themselves.
02.03.2017 - 18:55
IcePickLodger
Absurd and stupid! I would never give this greedy guy a cent...
02.03.2017 - 18:58
musclassia
Staff
Holy crap he wants 750k? Well, I guess they've already hit 150k in a day so anything's possible, but a minimum contribution of 50 euros is staggering - thank god I don't really care about Wintersun (even if the debut is great)
02.03.2017 - 19:10
erat
190k in a day? Wow.
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
02.03.2017 - 20:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Almost 200,000 euros, that's a lot of money. I'm just staggered people would give them all that.

I blame rich Wintersun fans
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.03.2017 - 20:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 02.03.2017 at 15:03

Written by BitterCOld on 02.03.2017 at 15:00

don't really keep up, but wasn't there supposed to be Time II?

They said Time II needs another studio to be consolidated because of its inherent awesomeness

Damn, I lol'd hard.
02.03.2017 - 20:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Just look at all this ridiculous pile o' crap in the forest package.

Includes: Wintersun - The Forest Seasons *NEW ALBUM*, The Forest Seasons 5K BOOKLET, Wintersun - The Forest Seasons INSTRUMENTAL, Wintersun - The Forest Seasons ISOLATED TRACKS, Wintersun - TIME I 1.5 REMASTER, Wintersun 2.0 REMASTER, Wintersun Live at Tuska 2013 LIVE ALBUM, Wintersun - Loneliness (Winter) Acoustic FREE BONUS!

Time 1.5 Remaster? Winter 2.0 remaster? seriously what the fuck is wrong with this guy and how the fuck do the fans so much for this shite? Go see this fucking thread on how to put out special editions you pretentious loser.
02.03.2017 - 20:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by poison-evie on 02.03.2017 at 17:47

Cheap ass shit. There are NO actual physical items or contents in the so called package. Just digital remastered shite which could very well be digital downloads and just a booklet and dvd. As I stated above, this is how real special editions should be.
02.03.2017 - 20:52
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by [user id=160508] on 28.02.2017 at 20:58

You're gonna love this news and video aren't you?
02.03.2017 - 20:53
paragraph7
Written by poison-evie on 02.03.2017 at 17:47

I personally LOVE the idea of supporting a band directly, with the opportunity to buy product straight from the band. I think the overall idea of raising money for a studio is a worthy cause...The fans get to see where their money is going.
But at the same time, the price tag on it seems awfully high. I don't see why they can't just buy a piece of property/building for a cheaper price. I dunno, maybe I'm just ignorant on Finnish real estate price range?
Also, I don't think the fans should be the sole source of income for this project. Maybe a campaign to help cover like 30-50%, but the rest should come from the band members. They could go in on a mortgage. Put everyone's name and financial details on the mortgage application, therefore being qualified for a larger loan...
I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'll be purchasing the Forest Seasons package from Indiegogo. And that's just because I don't really care about the isolated tracks and instrumental versions. It would be a better deal for me if it came with the new album + a full length acoustic album and/or album of them doing cover songs.

The prices are pretty accurate I'm afraid, at least when purchasing from the Helsinki region and considering that they can't build the studio in just any other dump. Still, there would be plenty of other options if one just wanted an own acoustic treated place with high end gear, but I'm guessing Jari already has that in some form or other. And don't forget the Sauna.

A loan might be impossible. I think Jari is unemployed as he quit his dayjob at the post office already quite some time ago, and who knows how many loans each of them is already paying for.

Although I haven't contributed, I still have no problem with them doing this. Sure, it's a bit overblown but I think eventually more bands will start to ask the money straight from the fans rather than be screwed by Spotify, Youtube and labels. I just hope Wintersun would have included some physical stuff for this like vinyl, but I guess that is behind some Nuclear Blast contract clause which gives them only the option to release some custom made digital stuff. Note that the digital stuff will be released at the same time as the physical and not a single day before that, which clearly points to some strict paragraph in their agreement with NB.

Interesting times!
02.03.2017 - 20:54
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Man I laughed at this sh*t so hard that video he made is just ridiculous.

Though hats off to Jari, everyone in the band looks fully onboard with the madness, and that's not a small feat.
----
02.03.2017 - 21:17
FYA
Destroyer
XD
02.03.2017 - 22:26
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
They are cracking the 200k mark. Gotta admit... insane support. But I don't think they will reach 750k. Jari... with that amount of money in my country you could make like 5-6 studios.
02.03.2017 - 22:36
Saidar
I don't doubt for a second they'll get all the money they want. I'm nevertheless baffled at these people, the package is insanely overpriced for what it offers. And Jari keeps getting more ridiculous by each passing day, talented musician but such a pretentious person, extremely off-putting.

Hits total: 6129 | This month: 10