Metal Storm logo
Acoustic guitarists-songs you love to play

30.05.2006 - 21:26
TheKreator
Account deleted
This is a theread for you guys who own and play an acoustic guitar.I have a romanian guitar...a very good one : "Hora"...I'd like to find out which are the most ejoyed songs by you guys to be played on your acoustic guitar...i play mainly romanian folk or rock songs, but from the international repertoire, i enjoy very much playing, Guns'n'Roses-Don't cry, Pink Floyd-Green is the colour, John Lennon-Working Class hero, Bruce Dickinson-Navigate the seas of sun, Terry Jacks-Seasons in the sun, and many others ...well..your turn
31.05.2006 - 10:15
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, since I am not a talented musician, I can only play a few things, but I do like to play. Mostly parts of Morbid Angel's "Desolate Ways", Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", and some short pieces from Ulver's all acoustic folk album 'Kveldsjanger'.
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.05.2006 - 11:40
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Best song for me to play on acoustic guitar is Dee by Rhandy Rhodes... you should try it....
But i wish that i could play some songs by Tommy Emmanuel
31.05.2006 - 17:07
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by buki of steel on 31.05.2006 at 11:40

Best song for me to play on acoustic guitar is Dee by Rhandy Rhodes... you should try it....
But i wish that i could play some songs by Tommy Emmanuel

Randy Rhoads...a classica...nice tastes it's a pity though he's gone.. R.I.P.
02.06.2006 - 05:00
Soliloquy
i tend to stick to folk or classical songs. these are my favorites:

Serenissima: by Loreena Mckennitt
Greensleeves: by Loreena Mckennitt, King Henry IV, Beck and tons of othe rpeople....
moonlight: ludwig van beethoven(yeah, so its done on a piano...i can still play it)

and soem other folk songs
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
02.06.2006 - 16:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
i love to play "benighted" and "credence" from opeth and basically all anathema's acoustic songs, my favourite of them to play is "forgotten hopes".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.06.2006 - 21:26
tobm
pink floyd - wish you were here
the doors - love street
john bulter - pretty much anything, songs liek zebra
dispatch - same all of them
02.06.2006 - 23:36
Graveheart
Opeth - Benighted
Opeth - Hours of Wealth (intro)
Anathema - Forgotten Hopes
Anathema - Suicide Veil (outro)
Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways (not completely)
Ayreon - Day Seven: Hope
Agalloch - A Celebration for the Death of Man...
Dissection - Feathers Fell
Dream Theater - Space-Dye Vest (I play the piano melodies on acoustic guitar, from the intro to the Conan O'Brien sample)
Some weird riff I once invented, but it's pretty much stolen from the intro of Burnt Offerings by Iced Earth
Dark Tranquillity - Insanity's Crescendo (intro)
In Flames - Everlost part II
03.06.2006 - 01:27
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Graveheart on 02.06.2006 at 23:36

Opeth - Benighted
Dream Theater - Space-Dye Vest (I play the piano melodies on acoustic guitar, from the intro to the Conan O'Brien sample)
Some weird riff I once invented, but it's pretty much stolen from the intro of Burnt Offerings by Iced Earth

wow....great songs...if your versions turn out well..i really envy you for your skill
03.06.2006 - 13:55
Graveheart
Well, none of them are my own "translations", all I have had to do is download their tablatures on my Guitar Pro 4 Demo and then learn to play the lead piano melodies as if they were guitar notes. That is because the tablature includes all melodies in the song, not only the guitar. Most of the piano parts are possible to play on guitar just as easily. I also like to play the piano (on guitar) in My Dying Bride's Cry of Mankind and some parts in Theatre of Tragedy's A Distance There Is and Dimmu Borgir's Sorgens Kammer.
09.06.2006 - 20:24
Ibanez07
Account deleted
For my own recreation [and by that I mean...what I enjoy playing]:

In Flames - Acoustic Medley
Dark Tranquillity - No One [Acousti...sized, it sounds suprisingly good]
Darkest Hour - Pathos
Black Label Society - Spoke in the Wheel

For my own recreation involving women [and by that I mean...being the baladeer, and what follows when I put the guitar down]:

Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris [both...cool thought due to the folk tunings]

Yeah, I'm not that good, but I'm learning. Oh, and I sing the ones listed that have lyrics too.
10.06.2006 - 11:47
NECURATU
I play a bit of Lake of Tears (Headstones mainly...though I'm still working on the chorus and solo), and Burzum songs (stuff like My Journey To The Stars that are played with tremolo picking...works if practice enough), and all sorts of folk songs with chords, arpeggios and mainly everything realtively easy. I'm singing for just a year, so I'm not a major axeman.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
11.06.2006 - 14:44
FallenAngel16
Account deleted
My favourite song to play is Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton and I also like to play songs by Dire Straits (Romeo and Juliet, Money For Nothing, Brothers IN Arms, Walk Of Life) and Guns N'Roses (Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, Patience, Sweet Child O'Mine), but the solos don't work sometimes because I don't have enough frets and/or because it's really hard to play from the 14th fret on on a classical guitar. I'm not really skilled on guitar, so I never really got around to play metal songs. the only one I can do is Crazy Train by Ozzy, but I just like it on the electric guitar.
11.06.2006 - 18:51
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Demons & Wizards-Wicked witch, fiddler on the green
Blind Guardian- Bard's song, lord of the rings, a past and future secret, bright eyes
Angra- Wishing hell, sprouts of time, late redemption
Iced Earth- I died for you, melancholy
Kamelot-Don't you cry, sailorman's hymn
Yngwie-prelude to april, crying
Iron Maiden-Wasting love
Metallica-Fade to black
Helloween-In the middle of a heartbeat
AND EVERITHING OF LATIN RITHYM OR PACO DE LUCIA
12.06.2006 - 03:21
Jerk
My own acoustic stuff
Eric Clapton - Running On Faith, Tears In Heaven

I don't know many acoustic songs but I know intros and all that.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
12.06.2006 - 08:59
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Jerk on 12.06.2006 at 03:21

My own acoustic stuff
Eric Clapton - Running On Faith, Tears In Heaven

I don't know many acoustic songs but I know intros and all that.

could you post a sample or smth of your own creations?
13.06.2006 - 07:18
planetcaravan
in flames - acoustic meadley
damn i forgot, some parts of asturias from isaac albeniz (a reallly difficult song)
oh yeah and the song every acoustic guitar player probably knows: romance anonimo
15.06.2006 - 07:33
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
i think the best aoustic song that you like to play must be dedicated to an special person even if it is not metal, it can be raegge, bossa nova, or flamenco
19.06.2006 - 08:21
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Written by [user id=4571] on 03.06.2006 at 01:27

Written by Graveheart on 02.06.2006 at 23:36

Opeth - Benighted

wow....great songs...if your versions turn out well..i really envy you for your skill

+1, thats an amazing list.

My list :

Def Leppard - 2 steps Behind ( no1 posted this )
Opeth - Harvest
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
26.06.2006 - 05:55
rat eat boy
Account deleted
My favourite acoustic song to play must be "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan. It's just so relaxing and fun to play and sing. I also enjoy playing "Enjoy the silence" by Depeche Mode, it's a fun song to sing and play, even though it ain't an acoustic song, but I just like playing it acoustic. Both of these songs also sound great.
19.09.2006 - 14:26
Hyvaarin
Eternal Tears of Sorrow's 'The River Flows Frozen' is a great acoustic song.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
19.09.2006 - 18:44
Draklar
Account deleted
The Rolling Stones - "Angie" is my absolute favorite at the moment. Complex enough to keep it fun to play for a longer time. Besides that I also enjoy playing Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters".
Now what I really look forward to is finishing learning Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven". I just love that song.

By the way, could someone recommend me some acoustic songs from metal bands with complexity similar to the first two songs I mentioned? Can be slightly higher too, but not too high (I've been playing guitar for only two months ).
Most of the metal stuff I learnt (like Iced Earth's "Ghost of Freedom" or Blind Guardian's "The Bard's Song") quickly gets rather boring to play :\
20.09.2006 - 09:52
Winter Death
Account deleted
A personal favorite of mine is "Patterns in the Ivy" by Opeth. Depending on which guitar I have out at the time; I finger pick it on either my steel-string acoustic or my nylon-string classical. It's a very beautiful song that I really only whip out in the autumn months.
21.09.2006 - 20:46
heresiarch
Forever Dead
When I was kid , I used to play old American trad ballad TOM DOOLEY
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
04.10.2006 - 04:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My favorite song to play on accoustic is the intro to stairway to heaven.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
23.11.2006 - 06:35
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Im not a huge Metallica fan but i always loved played the beggining of One, Battery, Fade to Black, ...And Justice For All. I know all these songs are very overused and everyone can play them and everyone knows about them and stuff, but if you actually play them on a acoustic guitar its just so great to hear, to peaceful and great.
29.11.2006 - 16:33
FallenAngel16
Account deleted
@immortal plague: I agree with you. Metallica's songs are really sweet on an acoustic although the only one of those that I can really play is Nothing Else Matters..
I got some "new" songs working:
In this River - Black Label Society (I have the piano recorded on the keyboard and play along or I play the whole thing on the guitar)
Guns N'Roses - November Rain, Yesterdays, Patience
Greensleeves (either trad. or done by Stratovarius)
Kiss - Beth
01.12.2006 - 21:41
Remus
"Roulette" by System of a Down. It's rather easy and it has a pretty cool little solo. "Imperial" from Hammerfall is rather easy as well. Hey, the other day i tabbed out "Desteapta-te Romane" on acoustic. I thought i was gonna be all cool en use samples of it in one of my songs but it turns out Amala beat me to it. Have u heard of this band, the song is called "Romanie hai".
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
02.12.2006 - 06:54
Lord TJ
My favorite acoustic song is Dee by Randy Rhoads, its a new challenge to me because I dont use my pick, plus its really the only acoustic song I know.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.12.2006 - 11:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
My favourite at the moment is "the call of ktulu", its good practise.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram