Folk/black
Black/death
Death/grind
Sludge/thrash

Total votes: 136
05.11.2007 - 22:16
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Well, there are lots and LOTS of fusion genres, or genre combinations, in metal as we all know....

I thought it would be interesting to see which ones were the most popular amongst metalstormers. As I said, there are quite a bunch of them, so of course I could not list them all in the poll. If your favorite "fusion genre" is not listed in the poll and you are forced to choose the "other" option, do not hesitate. Please let us know in your post what your favorite is!

Personally, I have to choose death/thrash. I love bands like Demolition Hammer and Protector....and I would say Morbid Saint but people will start arguing again so I won't. I also like a lot of black/thrash like Toxic Holocaust, Witchery, Gospel of the Horns and Absu.

Stay heavy.
05.11.2007 - 22:34
Woutjinho
Account deleted
death/grind. although these two genres are very much like thesame
I was thinking about death/thrash. but every new "thrash or "death" band is a combination. and 9 out of 10 bands doesnt have impressive or cool riffs
05.11.2007 - 22:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is a fassion genre but even I dont know it i say death/doom?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.11.2007 - 22:50
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26136] on 05.11.2007 at 22:34

I was thinking about death/thrash. but every new "thrash or "death" band is a combination. and 9 out of 10 bands doesnt have impressive or cool riffs

Check out Demolition Hammer. Get Epidemic of Violence....if you need the link for it just PM me.

Oh and by the way death metal and grindcore are on the contrary nowhere near to being the same, and that is a common misconception. The two genres are equally extreme, but several musical characteristics prevent them from being similar. Examples of these charcteristics that makes grindcore different would be pitchshifted vocals, microsongs and heavier distortion, as well as less complicated riffs, unless your're talking about deathgrind, which translates to death/grind, you're favorite fusion genre. You said that death metal and grindcore are virtually the same....coincidentally, death/grind and death metal are very much the same....only a few subtle differences.

Stay heavy, bro.
05.11.2007 - 23:07
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26018] on 05.11.2007 at 22:50

Written by [user id=26136] on 05.11.2007 at 22:34

Check out Demolition Hammer. Get Epidemic of Violence....if you need the link for it just PM me.

Oh and by the way death metal and grindcore are on the contrary nowhere near to being the same, and that is a common misconception. The two genres are equally extreme, but several musical characteristics prevent them from being similar. Examples of these charcteristics that makes grindcore different would be pitchshifted vocals, microsongs and heavier distortion, as well as less complicated riffs, unless your're talking about deathgrind, which translates to death/grind, you're favorite fusion genre. You said that death metal and grindcore are virtually the same....coincidentally, death/grind and death metal are very much the same....only a few subtle differences.

Stay heavy, bro.

I know the difference but its not as clearly as most other genres. therefore I said its much like thesame
I will check them out within a few days when i have the time
05.11.2007 - 23:08
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.11.2007 at 22:47

What is a fassion genre but even I dont know it i say death/doom?

fassion genre

fusion genre is 2 genres combined in a subgenre. so its a subsubgenre.
05.11.2007 - 23:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok thank's man so No doubt death/doom but all doom genres are 'fuschin' but I wont talk about em because search a treads and I wont talk about death/doom I had done it planty times and dont wanna reapite I like almousta all band sin gernre
Ok some forgoten once Bitterdusk , Corpus Omni Domini, Eria d'Or and so on

Death/thrash or Black/thrash ok lil bit ye sbut moustly old school like Sepultura and Epoch of Unlight

Death/grind werry fiew bands like Napalm Death

Black/death - sometiems

Progressive/death or Progressive/viking WTF are Prog Viking?
I like Opoth and such bands but this is complicated to discuss

Power/speed or Power/thrash
KHH I like SPEED band slike Avanger, werry early rage, Blind Guardian and alos of P/T Iced Earth so ...

Sludge/thrash - ARE YOU SHORE IT EXIST?

Folk/black - Yes i like it and read Prom article
----

06.11.2007 - 01:28
duyhung
Account deleted
Death/doom for sure . They were born to be together. Just listen to 'Turn Loose The Swans' album by My Dying Bride and you will understand what i mean

And about Prog-Viking What is that? Never heard of it before
06.11.2007 - 01:39
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Fuck. I immediately voted for death/doom prior to noticing that progressive/death progressive/viking was also an option. Ah well. Still death/doom's a great genre, though I'm still very unfamiliar with it. Specially love more extreme death/doom like diSEMBOWELMENT, Thergothon and Winter.

@duyhung: prog-viking could mean bands like Enslaved,Tyr, Borknagar and Vintersorg.
06.11.2007 - 01:49
ASiema113
I myself voted for Black/Death because...well it'sthe most appealing to me although there's nothing like some good Folk/Black, and as well as Power/Speed but my all time favorite stands to this day as Black/Death the most brutal forces combined (imo of course)anyways here's to BM/DM
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.

06.11.2007 - 03:33
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Probably Power/Thrash! Just look at Iced Earth or Stormwarrior...........incredible
06.11.2007 - 14:56
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Or Nevermore....

Oh yea and prog/viking I was talking about later Enslaved and Borknagar and shit....not my cup of tea personally.
06.11.2007 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=14272] on 06.11.2007 at 01:28

Death/doom for sure . They were born to be together. Just listen to 'Turn Loose The Swans' album by My Dying Bride and you will understand what i mean

well ok but sluge/thrash wtf is that?
----

06.11.2007 - 17:42
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2007 at 15:05

Written by [user id=14272] on 06.11.2007 at 01:28

well ok but sluge/thrash wtf is that?

A mixture of sludge and thrash metal...a good example off the top of my head would be Lair of the Minotaur.
06.11.2007 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
and in case what is sluge? what you know about sluge genre?
----

06.11.2007 - 23:30
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Sludge is like doom metal mixed with hardcore punk...often downtrodden and rough sounding...examples of bands would be like Acid Bath, Dystopia and Eyehategod.
07.11.2007 - 00:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26018] on 06.11.2007 at 23:30

Sludge is like doom metal mixed with hardcore punk...often downtrodden and rough sounding...examples of bands would be like Acid Bath, Dystopia and Eyehategod.

Crowbar and I know what is sluge but its sluge /doom not sluge thrash i dunno any band who play sluge/thrash
----

07.11.2007 - 03:42
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Like I said, Lair of the Minotaur is a good example. Their best album is titled "Carnage", in case you want to check 'em out.
07.11.2007 - 04:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Probably Black/Death for me. Normally Im not too big a fan of either genre (with a number of exceptions) but when they come together they make such a powerful sound, like Belphegor & Behemoth (even the new Marduk album shows the Black/Death hyrbid a bit).
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.11.2007 - 04:45
selken
Irreligious
I voted for Death/Thrash I love bands like early Sepultura, Benediction but my fav death/thrash is the one of the pionneers: Possessed, Morbid angel, Death and Obituary.
but I also like Black/Thrash like susperia, Necrodeath and Destroyer 666...
I don't know if Symphonic Power counts as fusion but I like too, it's damn epic!!!
also blackened death: behemoth, DISSECTION...
Actually I use to love when bands fusion different genres, and even I prefer so rather than the traditional genres.
----
07.11.2007 - 15:49
Lord TJ
I picked black/death. I love a mix of the two most extreme metal genres!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
07.11.2007 - 18:24
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Voted 'other' because I think my favorite fusion genre would be power/folk or folk/power...industrial/gothic is also quite nice, but I'll stick to power/folk
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.11.2007 - 19:38
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
For me, I had to go with Progressive Death. Mainly because I am a huge fan of Opeth and Death. But Prog-Viking? I don't get it. I mean, do they ride in to battle against the Celts in a 19/16 time signature and then draw their swords and axes with the alternating 5/4 4/4 6/4 refrain and cry out in Bb into a G?
----
(space for rent)
08.11.2007 - 16:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Dane Train: I think Týr is considered to be prog./viking.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.11.2007 - 17:49
-Nowitzki-7
Account deleted
well i choose power/thrash because it was one of the first genres i had ever heard, and also it is a mix of two of my favorite genres :)
08.11.2007 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26846] on 08.11.2007 at 17:49

well i choose power/thrash because it was one of the first genres i had ever heard, and also it is a mix of two of my favorite genres :)

Hhehe good choose my red brother
----

08.11.2007 - 21:03
Charly546
I voted other, mainly because I like progressive thrash like Mekong Delta, Voivod, Anacrusis, Watchtower, Toxodeth and even The Great Kat. Combining the speed, aggression and most notably riffs with weird compositions on strange rythms gives some great results.
08.11.2007 - 23:56
Too many fail.
Favourite fusion genre? that would be fusion... holdsworth & brett garsed in specific.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
12.11.2007 - 11:21
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Progressive Power please!!

i mean Angra,Symphony X,Adagio, amazing bands
----
Stay Metal !!!
12.11.2007 - 13:38
Eternal Flames
I voted for "Other" as I like a fusion of melodic metal and extreme metal. When it comes to mixing genres, I like to hear something unique and original from a band. I do enjoy a lot of progressive death metal and progressive thrash although when a band has a variety of melodies, riffs, acoustic passages, keyboard interludes and extreme vocals contrasted with clean vocals, it just makes it so much interesting for me. With that said, I enjoy fusion styles in which the band incorporates classical music or jazz to blend with metal.

Sounds a bit complicated, but bands like Alarum, Ikuinen Kaamos, Ne Obliviscaris, Opeth and the likes.