Metal Storm logo
Most memorable outro

07.12.2007 - 22:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
if we can have "Most memorable intro" thread, why not outro as well?

i vote for Nightwish - Beauty Of The Beast

"Oh, sweet Christabel. Share with me your poem.
For I know now, I'm a puppet on this silent stage show.
I'm but a poet who failed his best play.
A Dead Boy, who failed to write an ending
To each of his poems."
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.12.2007 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant tell, because to many I know to many of them but I acnt tell and wont do it,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.12.2007 - 00:47
Stigmatized
Likbør by Windir is the single most mind blowing ending/outro ever made. Probably my all time favorite song and also one of the most beautiful.
08.12.2007 - 00:54
Ernis
狼獾
I like the ending of Macbeth's first album's song "Sweet Endless Sleep", plus I like "Seasonspeech" by Elvenking plus the best one for me is the ending of "Ragnarök" by Tyr....and Nightwish's newest albums ending is also grand...
08.12.2007 - 12:15
Hyvaarin
Written by Stigmatized on 08.12.2007 at 00:47

Likbør by Windir is the single most mind blowing ending/outro ever made. Probably my all time favorite song and also one of the most beautiful.

Journey to the End has/is an awesome ending, too. As is 'Keeper of the Seven Keys'.

whoooooaaaaa-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.12.2007 - 15:56
Stigmatized
Written by Hyvaarin on 08.12.2007 at 12:15

Written by Stigmatized on 08.12.2007 at 00:47

Journey to the End has/is an awesome ending, too. As is 'Keeper of the Seven Keys'.

whoooooaaaaa-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!

Journey to the End is also amazing. Damn I love that song.

Also, Forgotten Tomb's Negative Megalomania is incredible.
08.12.2007 - 16:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Dream Theater Finally Free (preferably the Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York version)
Seriously the best fucking outro of all time! That drum solo - and especially the live one - by Portnoy is the best ever!!! I was like this when I saw/heard it! Then I showed my friends and they where stunned. I love that outro and keep watch and listen to it all the time.
----
08.12.2007 - 16:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i mostly like over the top screaming, so i'll say:

jawBREAAAKEER

from Judas Priest-Jawbreaker

polaaaAAAAAARIS!!

from Megadeth-Rust in Peace...Polaris

also can't...stop....the....pain...killleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer(over the top drum fillls in the background)

from Judas Priest-Painkiller

but one of the best outros ever is the outro from iced earth's travel in stygian(how come no-one mentioned it??), stunning piano and acoustic guitar work!

08.12.2007 - 17:49
matthioso
Metallica - Fade to black
no doubt about it
----
www.seedofrock.be
10.12.2007 - 11:55
Philaenas
Account deleted
"Pagan's Mind - Alien Kamikaze" comes to mind here now. I just listened to this album and I just found that it ended in a rather cool way .
16.12.2007 - 22:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Summoning - Land Of The Dead

Upon the plain, there rushed forth and high
Shadows at the end of night and mirrored in the sky
Far far away beyond might of day
And there lay the land of the dead of mortal cold decay
----

17.12.2007 - 11:31
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Definately Metallica's Fade To Black. It's the double bass at the end that gets me.
----
THRASH!!!
18.12.2007 - 05:39
selken
Irreligious
Well, an album outro??
My favourite is surely "Lasting Child" from Angra, the Classical outro is beautiful and I love how the strings take the sound of the acoustic guitar.

Another one very close is "No Dreams Breed in Breathless Sleep" by Dissection, the mouring effect of the piano, which folllows the last song "soulreaper" creates an atmosphere of despair and sadness.
----
10.01.2008 - 17:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Symphony Of The Enchanted Lands by Rhapsody (of Fire):

"Go, mighty warrior!
The kings of Enchanted lads are waiting your viictory!
Ride on the wings of wisdom,
ride beyond teh middle valleys to defeat the master of chaos,
in the name of cosmic justice, peace and love forever!"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.01.2008 - 21:31
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
mmm the outro from the album power of the dragonflame from rhapsody its so long and dramatic
----
Stay Metal !!!
24.02.2008 - 21:08
cadenz
I'd have to go with Metallica's Fade to Black as well! One of the great solos in metal.
24.02.2008 - 22:09
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I love the outro to Pantera's "Floods," reminds me of the calm after a storm. With Dimebag gone it's all the more sentimental...

Some other interesting outros I remember:
Kamelot - The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)
Meshuggah - Beneath
Mudvayne - Silenced
Nine Inch Nails - Ringfinger
Planet X - Alien Hip Hop
Sentenced - No One There
Tool - The Grudge (Danny Carey berserker)
24.02.2008 - 22:30
cadenz
Written by Introspekrieg on 24.02.2008 at 22:09

Sentenced - No One There

Is this the one where the birds come in at the end? Man, that scared the shit out of me the first time I listened to the album. I was in bed, in the dark, listening to an album with headphones before I go to sleep - an unwinding ritual I used to do a few years back - and at the end of the last song of the album...the music stopped...some strange nature sounds paint up a picture of barren marshlands...a bleak dawn...everything's calm but one can sense that something's wrong...and there are birds coming...birds coming...they're coming....THEY'RE COMING THEY'RE COMING THEY'RE -----------
...and it's over. I seriously felt like I was dying - that Death had come for me - when I heard that. My heart rate was above 666 and there was no way in hell I was going to be able to sleep in the next while :O
So yeah, I agree, this outro is sure one to remember!
24.02.2008 - 22:37
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by cadenz on 24.02.2008 at 22:30

Written by Introspekrieg on 24.02.2008 at 22:09

Sentenced - No One There

Is this the one where the birds come in at the end? Man, that scared the shit out of me the first time I listened to the album. I was in bed, in the dark, listening to an album with headphones before I go to sleep - an unwinding ritual I used to do a few years back - and at the end of the last song of the album...the music stopped...some strange nature sounds paint up a picture of barren marshlands...a bleak dawn...everything's calm but one can sense that something's wrong...and there are birds coming...birds coming...they're coming....THEY'RE COMING THEY'RE COMING THEY'RE -----------
...and it's over. I seriously felt like I was dying - that Death had come for me - when I heard that. My heart rate was above 666 and there was no way in hell I was going to be able to sleep in the next while :O
So yeah, I agree, this outro is sure one to remember!

LOL I never knew they were birds, I thought that they were some sort of howler monkeys coming in for the kill. That would definitely be the most memorable album outro for me, it's too disturbing to not remember...

The end of Tool's Lateralus also ends in similar fashion, I fell asleep listening to the album (common for first time Tool exposure) and when I woke up to crazy static and some guy maniacally panicking about aliens from another dimension I thought I had accidentally switched to the radio and that we were being invaded...
24.02.2008 - 22:48
Damnated
Churchburner
After Crying - Stalker. amazing. brilliant.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.02.2008 - 22:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nightwish - Forever Moments (from 1997 demo - included on 2008 re-release of Angels Falls First)

it is such a beautiful and lovely music in outro (unfortunately only short )
----

28.02.2008 - 11:56
Smurfophagist
Can't stop the pain kill eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
Now that's an impressive vocal performance, and the drums make the experience complete.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
11.03.2009 - 13:44
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Iron Maiden Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Metallica fade to black
Dream Theater finally free
Ensiferum Hero In A Dream
12.03.2009 - 14:35
Brave
Pantera - Domination
13.03.2009 - 23:05
Janne
Hugin
Yeah, as some of you have already mentioned Rhapsody's epic outros are beautiful. My personal favourite is Tears Of A Dying Angel.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.03.2009 - 09:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Janne on 13.03.2009 at 23:05

Tears Of A Dying Angel

oh yes...Resist! RESIST!...great one

Ensiferum - Victory Song...whole song is nice and outro so cute
----

31.07.2009 - 13:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Moonsorrow - Luopion Veri (since the last growl)
----

31.07.2009 - 17:15
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
1) If I must pick one vintage song, that had its share so far and will probably IMHO go into history, it's Metallica's Fade To Black. I'm sure almost everyone knows this song and the ending riffs are basically more or less what this song is about. That's why Fade To Black made it to my fave Metallica's songs anyway and that's why when coming to Apocalyptica playing Metallica's songs, I put Fade To Black as their very best.

2) One of most memorable outros for me also has Die By My Hand by Satyricon from New Age Of Nero. It's just catchy in some weird-satyricon-way, maybe not near the best of the best, but very memorable. At least for me, ceause it has been stuck in my head ever since I first heard it and when it comes listening to this particular song, the ending is why I listen to it in the first place.

3) As for album outro's, it's definately Dimmu Borgir's Perfection Or Vanity from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Even though it's not a metal song, it's just such amazing, harsh, mind-stiking symphonic piece of work, it can't be looked through.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
22.08.2009 - 19:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ensiferum - The Longest Journey (new one from From Afar)...most of this 13 minutes album closer I wasnt quite impressed...but when the final outro melody started, it bind my attention instantly
----

26.08.2009 - 23:16
Njord
njord
Therion's "Grand Finale" in The Miskolc Experience is truly beautiful.